OT: 80th Obsequious Banter Thread: Do You Believe In Miracles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
@JojoTheWhale Is that Doncic card in the group that was being questioned because it's rumored that his mom might have signed some cards?

Also, Sup? in case she's reading this.

I haven't dug into the threads too much, but there are hundreds of pages on the real vs mother auto differences on Blowout alone.

The way I understand things is that National Treasures sigs are not witnessed by a Panini rep, so it's possible. I believe it's a good sign as far as being real that the second L is fairly flat, but don't take that as gospel.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I haven't dug into the threads too much, but there are hundreds of pages on the real vs mother auto differences on Blowout alone.

The way I understand things is that National Treasures sigs are not witnessed by a Panini rep, so it's possible. I believe it's a good sign as far as being real that the second L is fairly flat, but don't take that as gospel.

If it's a National Treasures sig we need, may I suggest Nicolas Cage?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Hey there HF Flyers, it's your boi @Beef Invictus again. This time I'm coming at you with some crucial LifeHax. Not many people know this or even want you to know this, but did you know that when you finish sushi or Five Guys fries, you can drink your remaining soy sauce or malt vinegar? It's a refreshing savory meal-chaser that helps with digestion and cleanses your energy flows. Give it a shot next time and leave a comment about how good it is. Don't forget to smash Like, and subscribe!

Beef out.

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
Any-Taylor Joy won Best Actress for Queen's Gambit. The Golden Globes were officially success.

Queen's Gambit also won Best Limited Series. All is right with the world.

Queen's Gambit was one of my favorite watches of the year and I don't even play chess. Glad she won. Only season of TV this year that I liked more was Ozark season 3.

Hurricane28

Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
Also the sports card market is insane right now and I'm not even talking about the TopShot market. The Pandemic really resulted in a boom similar to what happened with retail/novice investing. People suddenly were spending less money so they put it in the market or picked up a new hobby like sports cards. My dad has a collection from the 80s that I think is worth a lot and we got back into card collecting. About to finish the Topps 2020 Heritage Set.

Reactions: Rebels57

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Hey there HF Flyers, it's your boi @Beef Invictus again. This time I'm coming at you with some crucial LifeHax. Not many people know this or even want you to know this, but did you know that when you finish sushi or Five Guys fries, you can drink your remaining soy sauce or malt vinegar? It's a refreshing savory meal-chaser that helps with digestion and cleanses your energy flows. Give it a shot next time and leave a comment about how good it is. Don't forget to smash Like, and subscribe!

Beef out.

tenor.gif

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
There is so much interesting stuff about Ted Bundy, Henry Lee Lucas, John Demyanyuk etc on Netflix that my digital footprint will probably never recover from it

Edit - hello, agent

Couple of days later, saw some other stuff about the Innocence Project and the piece "Unabomber in his own words". And i think I'm leaving something out

Digital footprint - broken. Irreversibly

Hurricane28

Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
Booked a flight on JetBlue to visit a friend in Florida for a guys trip. JetBlue pushes the flight there by a whole day. Basically ruins the first third of the long weekend. Other alternatives are a lot more expensive too which sucks.

Say Hey Kid

Under the Sign of the Black Mark
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory
One of the fascinating trends in current society is that whether it's math, science, or Wall St. history, some people feel that they can choose what aspects of reality they accept. I've pressed people about this and they replied "I decide what I believe". They obviously have the right to do that. Back in the Dark Ages when I was in college 2 + 2 equaled 4 regardless of one's personal beliefs. I guess it's different now.

Reactions: Hurricane28

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Murder at Middle Beach - docuseries

Judas and the Black Messiah - movie (drama)

Search Party - tv series (dark comedy)

WW84 - just kidding it f***ing sucked
Just want to follow up on this and say that Search Party is fantastic so far (a couple episode into season 2). The season 1 finale was incredible. I actually despised all the characters except Dory at first, but the others grew on me almost immediately.

I have to say, I love that these previously censored network shows are coming to HBO and other streaming services and can now be seen uncensored.

Say Hey Kid

Under the Sign of the Black Mark
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory
Many past and present NFL & NHL players think they're tough, but they've never lined up opposite the mighty Wesley Crusher! :eek: :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->