Bruins Classics GDT 8:30 pm ET - NESN, B's YouTube - 2011 SCF Game 7 - BRUINS @ Canucks - Series TIED 3-3

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Yeeeesh. Three more years at five and a quarter. If Calgary eats the max it’s not that bad i guess.

Reactions: Strafer

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
Ugh I'm so mad I missed the Zoom call! I can't believe it's not saves anywhere.

I had a f***ing nightmare we traded Tuukka to I think Toronto for like a 3rd round pick. I was woke up in a sweat. Glad to see he's happy and smiling with the boys.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Where does he fit in the lineup?

700lb line V2.0 with Coyle and the good Ritchie?

honestly it has been so long that i don’t even know the lines any more. But at that salary he would probably be forced into a third line role

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Perfect solution is that Lucic gets bought out by Calgary and we can sign him to a minimal deal to be basically what Backes was but way cheaper, a vet you can use on the third line sometimes and scratch most other nights, who will be good for the room.

When the rumors were going on that we were going to trade Backes, part of me was hoping we'd swap our bad contract for theirs and bring back Looch, but the extra years would kill our cap flexibility.

Whenever he retires though, he's gotta come back into the organization

Zillah

Bleed Black and Gold
Apr 4, 2011
West Kelowna B.C.
F63BCA4B-8F98-40D3-A34F-04FA642C9831.jpeg
Most enjoyable non hockey hockey event I have ever seen !

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
so this confirms the horton/seguin rumors

Whether or not it was specifically that incident as rumored that happened, the zoom chat thing definitely revealed that there is something weird between Horton and the rest of the team. His departure was weird and sudden. And to be the only guy out of like 22 guys on that team not to make time for the reunion zoom, that's weird. Drunk Lucic going "I don't care what you say, we don't win it without him" was very revealing.

Seguin was a lot quieter and withdrawn than I expected. And I don't know whether it has something to do with tensions between him and the team regarding his rumored behavior in 2013 before the trade or if he was just being very careful to hold his tongue on a lot of things as to not get in trouble with the Dallas organization, but that stood out as well.

Reactions: Mione134 and BMC

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Timmy was nice when he was backup goalie . He was always friendly to us.

Thomas struck me as a very shy kind of guy. Any time anyone complimented him last night (especially during Lucic's toast) he would just defensively talk about how it's a team achievement and we won together as a team, etc. Like he doesn't like the spotlight. But it seems like he's still a good teammate and everyone liked him, unlike Dougie Hamilton who is also shy, but more selfish and standoffish. Lucic made a dig at Hamilton pumping up his corsi last night and I cracked up.

Reactions: BMC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad