Bruins Classics GDT 8:30 pm ET - NESN, B's YouTube - 2011 SCF Game 7 - BRUINS @ Canucks - Series TIED 3-3

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
That was a Haggs bullshit imagination fantasy. He was concussed but Haggs made it out that he was "in a bunker" somewhere.

What set Haggs off was Tim not wanting to visit the White House cause he disagreed with Obama's politics. Which Haggs really went in for no damn reason. Now he cheers when somebody doesnt go cause of Trump. Hypocrisy. It gave Tim a bad wrap for NOTHING and its a shame.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
What set Haggs off was Tim not wanting to visit the White House cause he disagreed with Obama's politics. Which Haggs really went in for no damn reason. Now he cheers when somebody doesnt go cause of Trump. Hypocrisy. It gave Tim a bad wrap for NOTHING and its a shame.
The crazy thing is that Timmy has said he wouldn’t have gone no matter who was in the WH.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Ahh the youtube video just got set to private. I was at the part where Soupy and Marchand were chirping each other over their hair and it suddenly goes "this video is unavailable"

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
The crazy thing is that Timmy has said he wouldn’t have gone no matter who was in the WH.

Sadly nobody remembers that part. Haggs painted him as a crazy doomsday prepper who hated Obama and everyone ran with it. We still hear bunker jokes! Its so sad. I'm glad he feels comfortable now to talk and be seen. I'll never forgive Haggs for that.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Sadly nobody remembers that part. Haggs painted him as a crazy doomsday prepper who hated Obama and everyone ran with it. We still hear bunker jokes! Its so sad. I'm glad he feels comfortable now to talk and be seen. I'll never forgive Haggs for that.
Agreed 100%. I completely blame Haggs for running Thomas out of town and will never forgive him. It also pisses me off that a lot of great sportswriters who covered the Bs have come and gone in the last decade but that piece of crap still has a job.

I agree, bring Looch back. Also want to know what happened in Belfast (or whatever trip they were talking about that sounded like something interesting happened).

things got close to spilling out a couple times.

Lucic is just meant to be a Bruin. I understand that he's gotta play out his contract and collect that money, but when he retires I really hope he gets a job in the organization, whether it's in broadcasting or management. He strikes me as a guy who'd be a great intermission analyst.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
eh it's not really hypocrisy given that vast differences in policy between the two presidents

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
eh it's not really hypocrisy given that vast differences in policy between the two presidents

It is when you try to dicate ones political leanings, even though Thomas said it wasnt because he hated Obama. It was a personal choice. Haggs is the one who assumed because Tim is a Republican, the reason why he skipped out was because he hated Obama, which is simply a false statement. It painted Thomas as someone hes not and the guy stayed out of the public eye for a decade. Visit the President, Dont visit. Either way, its your choice. Its the White House, no matter who was or in office. So you choose for yourself if you wanna go. Whether you align yourself up with those policies OR you just want to go to The White House for a once in a lifetime thing. Personal choice. What Haggs did was assassinate Tims character. And it is hypocritical to go that route back then, but then and praise those who do the same now. Take the Red Sox. Alex Cora and many decided not to go. JD Martinez and others went. No big deal. No big posts. Personal choices were made. I'll just never be over the articles Haggs wrote. It was just wrong. And half of what he wrote was wrong. Some examples

Haggs posts.
Haggerty: Everybody waking up to the real Tim Thomas | NBC Sports Boston

Joe Haggerty On Tim Thomas & The White House Trip: 'He's Going To Get Asked That Question'

"Joe Haggerty of CSNE, whose Bruins Insider post on the incident largely plumbs Thomas's political views and how they shaped his decision, recognized the goalie's me-first outlook is nothing new when he wrote, "Thomas made a pretty symbolic change at the beginning of last season when he drained the Black and Gold colors from his goaltending pads and goalie mask after a summer of trade rumors. Thomas removed the Bruins logo from his mask and instead replaced it with an image of the lucky coin he wears around his neck. The message was simple: From then on, Thomas was playing for himself first and the team second."
https://www.si.com/nhl/2012/01/24/why-tim-thomas-white-house-snub-was-wrong

Haggs took Tim's stance or leanings personal and thus, the media took shots at Tim.

This guy got it right.
Tim Thomas' Political Views Will Not Be a Distraction for the Boston Bruins

Whether you agree or not, what Haggs did made Tim go away for a decade. A decade! And clearly Tim was uncomfortable and going through stuff. I'm just happy we're seeing and hearing from him. That is all.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Pretty tame compared to senile Dave Hodge calling TT a Klan member.

Reactions: Strafer

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
copied the link last nite but my youtube downloader wouldnt work on the mp4. i still have the link if anyone can make it work.

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
If only the Miller story came out of this it would have been worth it.

Kelly - You destroyed that franchise
Lucic - He shouldnt have been standing there
???? - Poor Gaustad next game, had to take one for the team.
Campbel - Saw Gaustad before the game he had headphones in, probably listening to Lose Yourself on repeat
Thorton - Yeah, but i had to take a beating the next season

Reactions: sarge88 and lopey

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
If only the Miller story came out of this it would have been worth it.

Kelly - You destroyed that franchise
Lucic - He shouldnt have been standing there
???? - Poor Gaustad next game, had to take one for the team.
Campbel - Saw Gaustad before the game he had headphones in, probably listening to Lose Yourself on repeat
Thorton - Yeah, but i had to take a beating the next season
Loved when he took credit for them getting Eichel

Reactions: Alicat

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad