Bruins Classics GDT 8:30 pm ET - NESN, B's YouTube - 2011 SCF Game 7 - BRUINS @ Canucks - Series TIED 3-3

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
257948_2048170276588_1685730_o.jpg

upload_2020-4-11_22-57-13.png

Tonight's Officials

Referees Dan O'Halloran (13), Stephen Walkom (24)
Linesmen Jay Sharrers (57), Jean Morin (97)

upload_2020-4-11_23-0-50.png

upload_2020-4-11_23-2-23.png

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
In retrospect it's easy to say that there was no question we were going to win after Marchand punched Sedin in the face and they didn't fight back, etc., but in reality we were all very, very scared going into that game. We hadn't won a game in Vancouver, where we were shut out twice in three games.

In fact, when the Canucks got that powerplay in the middle of the second period I literally felt sick to my stomach and really thought the Canucks were going to score, get all momentum, and win it in a comeback. After the fact we can look back and say they only scored 2 PPG in 7 games, but just watching them they felt incredibly dangerous. I was absolutely going into panic.

Then Patrice Bergeron made what I would argue is the most important play in franchise history.

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
i have both the NBC and CBC broadcasts of this game (thanks Dafoomie!)

one of my favorite experiences in life (and i sign that i may be in need of professional help) is slowly hearing Jim Hughson's heart break as game 7 goes on. He does a decent job of not being a homer but you can hear it just breaking him down. Joyful

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017

one of my favorite experiences in life (and i sign that i may be in need of professional help) is slowly hearing Jim Hughson's heart break as game 7 goes on. He does a decent job of not being a homer but you can hear it just breaking him down. Joyful
I don't think I've ever really gave a listen to the CBC broadcast. I'll have to do that some day, Hughson's not the worst in the world, but everyone knows he's a Vancouver guy. I'll have to listen to it to hear the sadness in his voice.

For the NBC one, I just love Ed Olczyk trying to convince himself that Bergeron's goal was illegal (right...THERE!) and Doc & Pierre basically just ignoring him. Otherwise I think NBC was happy to have an American-based team win it, and Doc did a good job with the call.

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
I don't think I've ever really gave a listen to the CBC broadcast. I'll have to do that some day, Hughson's not the worst in the world, but everyone knows he's a Vancouver guy. I'll have to listen to it to hear the sadness in his voice.

For the NBC one, I just love Ed Olczyk trying to convince himself that Bergeron's goal was illegal (right...THERE!) and Doc & Pierre basically just ignoring him. Otherwise I think NBC was happy to have an American-based team win it, and Doc did a good job with the call.
Olczyk's crying about that goal is definitely my favorite part of the NBC call

Wiggleboom

Feb 6, 2010
Vancouver

Yes, I agree with this! Hughson actually lives in the same suburb as me near Vancouver and I've seen him around a couple times. He is supposedly a really nice guy but I absolutely loved hearing his soul being crushed as the game went on.

Not the same game, but my other favorite announcer call in this series was in game 6 after the Bruins had gone up 3-0 when Glenn Healy and Craig Simpson (color commentators on CBC) started explaining how the Bruins had a history of blowing 3 goal leads, and immediately we see and hear Kaberle's shot get deflected by Ryder off the post and in for the 4th goal. It was just amazing timing and I remember going crazy watching it!

Hey I found the exact clip!!

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Yes, I agree with this! Hughson actually lives in the same suburb as me near Vancouver and I've seen him around a couple times. He is supposedly a really nice guy but I absolutely loved hearing his soul being crushed as the game went on.

Not the same game, but my other favorite announcer call in this series was in game 6 after the Bruins had gone up 3-0 when Glenn Healy and Craig Simpson (color commentators on CBC) started explaining how the Bruins had a history of blowing 3 goal leads, and immediately we see and hear Kaberle's shot get deflected by Ryder off the post and in for the 4th goal. It was just amazing timing and I remember going crazy watching it!

Hey I found the exact clip!!

What about Eddie O's defeated "Gotta get him out of there" the instant Luongo gave up the third goal in game 6? I f***ing love that call.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
In retrospect it's easy to say that there was no question we were going to win after Marchand punched Sedin in the face and they didn't fight back, etc., but in reality we were all very, very scared going into that game. We hadn't won a game in Vancouver, where we were shut out twice in three games.

In fact, when the Canucks got that powerplay in the middle of the second period I literally felt sick to my stomach and really thought the Canucks were going to score, get all momentum, and win it in a comeback. After the fact we can look back and say they only scored 2 PPG in 7 games, but just watching them they felt incredibly dangerous. I was absolutely going into panic.

Then Patrice Bergeron made what I would argue is the most important play in franchise history.

Not all of us. I was as sure of that game 7 win as I've been of anything in my life. That team was as broken and beaten as any I've ever seen. Looch's tweet said it all:

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston

I can't wait to hear the gang's thoughts on that tonight

Reactions: lopey

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
There was a superb interview with Bergeron in between the 2nd and 3rd periods, where asked his thoughts on being up 3-0, he calmly stated "Not good enough."

I don't recall if it was the American or Canadian feed, but sadly when I bought the DVD set of the entire series, all interviews were cut.

Reactions: lopey and Ladyfan

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Just so I'm clear on this. This is on YouTube tonight, correct? Do you need YouTube TV for this?
Subscribers to the Boston Bruins official YouTube channel will receive a notification when the event begins, and direct links to the live stream will be posted on the Bruins official Twitter, Facebook and Instagram accounts.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

While Brad was embarrassing the twin a couple of the Nucks were beating up a young Seggy behind the net.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
I'm really intrigued by this team get together. I'm not sure what to expect. Like, is this going to be moderated by someone? Is it just 20 hockey players chatting together shooting the shit?

Should be very interesting. At the very least, it'll be nice just to see all these guys

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad