Bruins Classics GDT 8:30 pm ET - NESN, B's YouTube - 2011 SCF Game 7 - BRUINS @ Canucks - Series TIED 3-3

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Thomas struck me as a very shy kind of guy. Any time anyone complimented him last night (especially during Lucic's toast) he would just defensively talk about how it's a team achievement and we won together as a team, etc. Like he doesn't like the spotlight. But it seems like he's still a good teammate and everyone liked him, unlike Dougie Hamilton who is also shy, but more selfish and standoffish. Lucic made a dig at Hamilton pumping up his corsi last night and I cracked up.
Timmy was awkward with some and was different than the others but from where we sat the guys all liked him anyway.

I used to speak to him when he was sitting beside me. The year before the cup he had hip issues and a couple of stupid fans were yelling at him. I told Tim not to listen to them and that he was fine.

He remembered this as after the parade my daughter and I were near where the B's had all gotten off the duck boats and three police were coming our way saying "no autographs" . It was Timmy and his family. He still had his playoff beard. They had said "no autographs" which was fine with me because I don't care about that BUT I said how about a HUG ?. He was looking down and shyly said "Well no". I was OK with that but Timmy looked up and said "I know you" . He gave me a big bear hug. I thanked him for winning the cup and he said to me "thank you for cheering for me last year too" I have told this story here before. It is something I will always remember

Last edited:

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I don’t think this confirmed or denied anything with Horton or Seguin to be honest.

Lucic saying “i don’t care what you say, we wouldn’t have won without Horton” means nothing to me other than “he played in just two final games but he’s every bit as important to the team as anyone.”

Seguin being standoffish can just be him not having any chemistry with that team. He was a kid in 2011 and he’s got a better situation for himself in Dallas now.

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
Horton is still friends with Krejci and Lucic - they posted a photo on twitter together a few months back.

Something I find crazy - back in 2011 if you asked who on the team would be more likely to be a 100 point player: Seguin or Marchand? Everyone would say Seguin without thinking twice about it. Wild how things turned out.

Reactions: BMC

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
They need to do this stuff more often, let players be players and shoot the shit. This was fantastic.

I've suggested this before but I really hope the success of this gets us closer to listening to games that are entirely "mic'd up".

I'd definitely pay $10-$15 to be able to watch a few games a year where we can hear the players on the ice.

Reactions: BMC

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I've suggested this before but I really hope the success of this gets us closer to listening to games that are entirely "mic'd up".

I'd definitely pay $10-$15 to be able to watch a few games a year where we can hear the players on the ice.

They do the “mic’d up” gimmick every now and then but they don’t commit to it. It’s one or two quotes in a game and it’s always “MIDDLE!” Or “nice pass eh?”

If they put more emphasis on it, and took a more unfiltered approach i would happily pay a monthly subscription.

Reactions: sarge88 and BMC

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
They do the “mic’d up” gimmick every now and then but they don’t commit to it. It’s one or two quotes in a game and it’s always “MIDDLE!” Or “nice pass eh?”

If they put more emphasis on it, and took a more unfiltered approach i would happily pay a monthly subscription.

If they end up playing playoff games with no crowd, I'd think they could try to recoup some of the lost ticket revenue by offering this to those that want it.

Regular feed on NESN, pay for mic'd up version on NESN Plus, for example.

Reactions: TD Charlie

ThomasJ13

Sep 22, 2006

Don't forget "Let's go boys." Lots of that.

Reactions: TD Charlie

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
Timmy was awkward with some and was different than the others but from where we sat the guys all liked him anyway.

I used to speak to him when he was sitting beside me. The year before the cup he had hip issues and a couple of stupid fans were yelling at him. I told Tim not to listen to them and that he was fine.

He remembered this as after the parade my daughter and I were near where the B's had all gotten off the duck boats and three police were coming our way saying "no autographs" . It was Timmy and his family. He still had his playoff beard. They had said "no autographs" which was fine with me because I don't care about that BUT I said how about a HUG ?. He was looking down and shyly said "Well no". I was OK with that but Timmy looked up and said "I know you" . He gave me a big bear hug. I thanked him for winning the cup and he said to me "thank you for cheering for me last year too" I have told this story here before. It is something I will always remember
Both of you have class.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Both of you have class.
I hope so. My attitude has gotten bad over the last 3 years. I know you know why.

I am sure our politics are very different (me and Timmy) but it matters not.

Another quick story...

After the no-show at the White House Timmy was sitting in the back up goalie chair and there was a little guy and his Dad in front of us (front row/ on the glass) . The Dad said his son had a sign for Timmy but wasn't sure he should show him so he asked me. The sign said "Lunch at the White House is for baseball players" I said he should show Timmy so the kid held up the sign and tapped on the glass. Timmy gave him a big smile and knocked on the glass with his blocker.

Last edited:

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Took the Dougie corsi comment out
Oh my god what? That is so innocent. I wonder if stuff like that they ran it by the players if they wanted it in or not. Funny that the Miller and Kesler stuff is still in

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
They took out the Kelly chirp to Marchy about his game going to shit once Bergy retires

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->