Bruins Classics GDT 8:30 pm ET - NESN, B's YouTube - 2011 SCF Game 7 - BRUINS @ Canucks - Series TIED 3-3

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Tuukka seems like this quiet, reserved guy but with the stuff the other guys say and that comes out of his mouth I think he's a real f***ing character :laugh:
Tuukka was always quiet on the bench (back in 2011 anyway) however...when the Nucks came to town he would watch the ice like a hawk and lean over the boards and yell at the Sedins whenever they were on the ice. It was quite funny. All of the fans and players were cracking up.

Remember when he got off the plane after they won the cup with Horton's helmet on ? When someone asked why the helmet he said "safety first" . I think he wore it in the parade

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Most of it is still in and the few clips they removed were used in the articles and tweets posted.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Whether or not it was specifically that incident as rumored that happened, the zoom chat thing definitely revealed that there is something weird between Horton and the rest of the team. His departure was weird and sudden. And to be the only guy out of like 22 guys on that team not to make time for the reunion zoom, that's weird. Drunk Lucic going "I don't care what you say, we don't win it without him" was very revealing.

Seguin was a lot quieter and withdrawn than I expected. And I don't know whether it has something to do with tensions between him and the team regarding his rumored behavior in 2013 before the trade or if he was just being very careful to hold his tongue on a lot of things as to not get in trouble with the Dallas organization, but that stood out as well.

Horton soured on Boston when the rumors started hitting media circles. He was pretty reserved in his private life and wanted to shelter his family but when the rumors came out, that was one of the main reasons that made him want to leave Boston ASAP. His agent and Chia had a spoken agreement that Boston would get a chance to negotiate before Horton signed anywhere else, but that never happened because Horton had no intention on coming back.

Reactions: BMC and sarge88

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
I remember months after the Cup, Mark Recchi called Vancouver the most arrogant team he ever faced. I bet he wanted to chirp more last night, but since he is now an NHL assistant coach climbing the ranks, he kept silent.

I am SO happy for Tim Thomas. Whoever wins that poll doesn't matter to me - he's my favorite.

And what can you say about Milan Lucic? He took flak on the main board during the Calgary/Edmonton flare up for not fighting his friends on his former team.

But after seeing him last night, I 'get' Milan Lucic. I still remember his victory lap in his first return to Boston as King. He loves Boston as well as all his former teammates.

As for Horton, it's sad he's estranged from certain sects of the team and I hope it's not because of Seguin. The optimist in me feels if it was Seguin, the leaders would oust Seguin and bring in Horton. That, and some players were surprised at Horton's absence. So if that's the cause, some players seem unaware.

CharaBadSenyshynGawd

Jun 18, 2017
Loved at the end when it was, I think, Rex said “take it off live so we can say what the f*** we want”

people saying Seguin was quiet but I’m not too surprised by that. Kid Couldn’t even..... “legally” drunk when he was here. He’s a whole new dude now.
Loved seeing a few of the kinds “forgotten” guys get in there. Ryder was always hated by fans for some reason but we probably don’t win without his glove save and he scored a few huge goals that run. Wish Horton was in there but he’s obviously distances himself a bit.

probably over analyzing but the dynamic between Timmy and Tuukka seemed a bit weird. Wonder if Tinny wasn’t happy with how it all went down and harbors some I’ll will toward Tuuk.

woukd have paid good money to see the conversation that followed once it got off live.

I’ll add a few things in I guess so much to cover. Did Chris Kelly at one point make a joke about Jagr in the Toronto series? Thought I heard him say “f*** Jags just stay in the locker room so we have a chance to beat Tornton”

and regarding Lucic, the whole situation sucks. I wanted him here for his whole career and just based off his Instagram and interviews, he wanted to be here. I get that his offensive production tailed off, which I do believe we wouldn’t have seen as sharp a turn had he stayed, but he still brings the physical aspect and leadership we desperately needed against STL. Would kill to see him sign back when his current contract is up.

hnidy is another one. I’ll never forget him against Niskanen in that Dallas game.

I just loved this team and it came at the perfect time for me. Just graduated HS, bring some girls over the house, all the boys over watching the game, drinking some beers, smoking a little devils lettuce. I still remember the final minute and the celebration we had. The only ones that compare even slightly, the 04 sox where I felt like I was 87 years old and was suffering all that time, in reality I was 11 years old.... and the Malcom Butler interception only because I had loads of money on the game. This one was just different because of the timing, I can honestly say, not being Married or having kids this may very well have been the happiest I’ve ever been. It almost bridged the gap between being a kid and having to go out, work, pay bills etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alicat and sarge88

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Loved at the end when it was, I think, Rex said “take it off live so we can say what the f*** we want”

people saying Seguin was quiet but I’m not too surprised by that. Kid Couldn’t even..... “legally” drunk when he was here. He’s a whole new dude now.
Loved seeing a few of the kinds “forgotten” guys get in there. Ryder was always hated by fans for some reason but we probably don’t win without his glove save and he scored a few huge goals that run. Wish Horton was in there but he’s obviously distances himself a bit.

probably over analyzing but the dynamic between Timmy and Tuukka seemed a bit weird. Wonder if Tinny wasn’t happy with how it all went down and harbors some I’ll will toward Tuuk.

woukd have paid good money to see the conversation that followed once it got off live.

I’ll add a few things in I guess so much to cover. Did Chris Kelly at one point make a joke about Jagr in the Toronto series? Thought I heard him say “f*** Jags just stay in the locker room so we have a chance to beat Tornton”

and regarding Lucic, the whole situation sucks. I wanted him here for his whole career and just based off his Instagram and interviews, he wanted to be here. I get that his offensive production tailed off, which I do believe we wouldn’t have seen as sharp a turn had he stayed, but he still brings the physical aspect and leadership we desperately needed against STL. Would kill to see him sign back when his current contract is up.

hnidy is another one. I’ll never forget him against Niskanen in that Dallas game.

I just loved this team and it came at the perfect time for me. Just graduated HS, bring some girls over the house, all the boys over watching the game, drinking some beers, smoking a little devils lettuce. I still remember the final minute and the celebration we had. The only ones that compare even slightly, the 04 sox where I felt like I was 87 years old and was suffering all that time, in reality I was 11 years old.... and the Malcom Butler interception only because I had loads of money on the game. This one was just different because of the timing, I can honestly say, not being Married or having kids this may very well have been the happiest I’ve ever been. It almost bridged the gap between being a kid and having to go out, work, pay bills etc.
Chris Kelly did indeed say that.

DKH, Dom and a few others have commented on Jagr's time in Boston and his propensity to stay out longer than he should have which really messed with line changes and also caused tension in the locker room.

Kelly was one of the leaders in the room so his comments speak volumes. He also never says anything remotely "bad" about guys so when he says something like that you pick up on it. Someone made a comment that he was friends with Burrows in Ottawa and Kelly said "I'm friends with everyone".

Like many, I hope we see Looch back at some point because he needs to end his career here.

I loved seeing Paille on the call. He took such an awful hit a few years ago that really did a number on him. He looks great.

I hope that the Bruins bring McQuaid into the player development fold. They have Jamie Langenbrunner who runs the department and Kelly is much more involved in overall development so it would be great to bring in a former D man to help the D prospects as Quaider played a unique style and is just a consummate professional.

Reactions: Mione134 and BMC

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Chris Kelly did indeed say that.

DKH, Dom and a few others have commented on Jagr's time in Boston and his propensity to stay out longer than he should have which really messed with line changes and also caused tension in the locker room.

Kelly was one of the leaders in the room so his comments speak volumes. He also never says anything remotely "bad" about guys so when he says something like that you pick up on it. Someone made a comment that he was friends with Burrows in Ottawa and Kelly said "I'm friends with everyone".

Like many, I hope we see Looch back at some point because he needs to end his career here.

I loved seeing Paille on the call. He took such an awful hit a few years ago that really did a number on him. He looks great.

I hope that the Bruins bring McQuaid into the player development fold. They have Jamie Langenbrunner who runs the department and Kelly is much more involved in overall development so it would be great to bring in a former D man to help the D prospects as Quaider played a unique style and is just a consummate professional.

It really seemed at the time like they liked Jagr a lot in the room, especially he and Krejci. But his bad habits like staying out for double shifts definitely frustrated them and messed with Claude's rhythm in rolling 4 lines.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I thought it was fine, Rask was probably the most talkative and engaging guy there, along with Looch. Thomas is just a bit of an oddball, he was always really reserved and like really slow and deliberate with his words.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Was listening again to some highlights. Quaider (in his own soft spoken way) commented on how he never got payback on Jannik Hansen for his spear to the jewels. That's because Hansen ducked him every time the were on the ice after that. He was petrified of what McQuaid would do to him

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Was listening again to some highlights. Quaider (in his own soft spoken way) commented on how he never got payback on Jannik Hansen for his spear to the jewels. That's because Hansen ducked him every time the were on the ice after that. He was petrified of what McQuaid would do to him

Rightly so too. Quaider would have killed him.

The Un4casted Storm

May 14, 2015
Vancouver, Canada
Hansen doesn't get enough shit for being an all-time sore loser. He threw two indefensible cheapshots in the third period after the game was out of hand, jumping into Ference away from the puck, then spearing McQuaid in the balls

It's really quite impressive how many scummy players the Canucks managed to assemble on that roster that a guy like Hansen gets lost in the mix. And their fanbase still has the audacity to wonder why everyone hated their team that year :laugh:

I'm really happy to see this stream back up again, even if it's been slightly sanitized. It's really cool to get a glimpse behind the curtain at the different personalities that made up this champion team. Anyone else hoping they put together a similar reunion for the 2013 comeback against Toronto?

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Sad the Lucic/Kesler thread on the main board got locked. That had at least 30 pages written all over it.;)

Kidding aside, that Final was one for the ages and we may never see another like it, especially with the kinder, gentler way the NHL is going.

It still riles up passion on both sides.

Reactions: BMC and Slugworth

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
My favorite line was how kelly was giving marshy crap for not passing to bergy to get a hattrick on the empty netter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad