Pre-Game Talk: 8/23 8:14 PM ECSF GAME 1 - BRUINS vs Lightning - NBC, SN, SN4K, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orr Fourever

#Staysafe
Sponsor
Mar 27, 2018
The Wheat Province
Oh yes, Cash is still very much alive and well. And in 1972 he knew how to respond to the Russians and their slashing and stickwork. He gave it back two fold with elbows and mayhem. He only appeared in Games two and three of the Summit Series a win and a tie for Canada, feeding Espo in each game to pick up two assists. He had 14 PIM's in the two games, he and J.P. "Greasy" Parise wreaked havoc on the Soviets. After Game 3 the Soviet Coach Bobrov said about Cash "If this game had been played in Europe, he would have spent the whole game in the penalty box". They were scared shitless of him. During the break before going over to Moscow, Team Canada played two games against the Swedes to acclimate to the larger ice. Cash took a stick in the mouth which nearly severed his tongue. He took fifty stitches and was unable to play in the final four games.
Don't Forget Makita. He disliked the Soviets him being a Czech..

Reactions: bbfan419

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
NASCAR on NBCSN from 7:30 to 10. It should be available on the NBC app I imagine - assuming you can get authenticated.
XFINITY Series Coca Cola 250 from Daytona most likely... the Daytona race week was swapped this year to August for Indianapolis, which had the combination of the IndyCars AND XFINITY on the Indianapolis Road Course as part of the Brickyard 400 weekend...

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
well the Bruins won't have a chance to get revenge on the Blues this year, but they did get a measure of revenge on Edmundson and now have a chance to get revenge on Pat Maroon for last year and the Lightning for 2 years ago.

Hope Bergeron has his A game ready because I think Point out-dueled him a couple years ago and age isn't gonna do Bergy any favors now.

Wiggleboom

Feb 6, 2010
Vancouver
If the Bruins get angry like they did in 2011 against the Canucks they will win. If they play afraid like in 2018 they will lose. I’m looking at you Chara, Kuraly, Wagner and Ritchie. If you can’t at least neutralize or overwhelm the Lightning, then I don’t see a path to victory. Get angry and get motivated.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Recovery, both physically and mentally.

When you see teams sluggish on the tail end of back-to-backs, it has little to do with a plane ride, and more to do with having played the night before.

Sure both teams will have to deal with it (unlike the regular season), but tired teams often play a more defensive style, knowing they don't have their legs.

Also the B's newfound lack of goaltending depth could hurt them. Like starting pitchers, goalies are not used to playing consecutive days.

The NHL's RTP has been great so far, but this is something easily avoidable.

Yeah I think this is the first major misstep the league has made with the RTP. I know they want to get through the tournament as quickly as reasonably possible for understandable reasons, but this feels like being overly frenetic. I can't see why just setting a simple 2 week block for each round wouldn't have been fine with a game every 2 days for each series. If all the series go less than 7 great, start the next round sooner, otherwise it just feels like rushing to push it more than that, and it may well compromise the quality of the product on the ice and increase the chances of injuries.

In terms of how it impacts the teams, yes they both have to deal with the back-to-backs, but I feel like it goes against the Bruins that little bit more. I agree about the goaltending question mark, plus the Bruins have an older core that may find it more difficult to get themselves fully ready to go again in just 24 hours. It is what it is, and I'm not looking for excuses and I'm sure the players won't either, but it seems like an unnecessary added pressure on the teams in what is already a highly unusual situation.

Reactions: Aeroforce

kthx

Bedard to Bruins 2023
Apr 24, 2019
Gonna most likely miss this game.
Bruins are just getting hotter and hotter. Only thing that worries me is the b2b games.
Go up 2-0 and play Vladar.

Reactions: bbfan419

Shroud of Orrin

Come on, Bob
Apr 29, 2020
Haligonia
The Bruins have several things going here > Window desperation > The Krejci line gelling. David looks as good as ever IMO. Kase is starting to figure it out. JDB is coming along - no quit in his game. > The Bergeron line is only now just ready to take off. > Coyle in leadership and ownership of his line, and > McAvoy's overall game are obvious steps forward for me. We need Torey to get it together. We need bottom six contribution. We need to frustrate Maroon, Cernak and those other idiots into taking penalties, but my sense is if we can win Game One we will shred them in 4 or 5. I have great respect for their offense and goaltending - but I have never truly feared this team.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
I think we see him . Cassidy won’t hesitate to make changes to the lineup . Clifton , Studnicka and Lindholm being added made a difference. If the Bruins start slow Cassidy will change it up .
Apparently Bjork, Ritchie and Stud are ahead of him. I would rather move Kuraly back to line 3 and bring Lindholm in. I don’t dislike Kuhlman and what he did with Krejci and DeBrusk will always be remembered fondly. In my mind it shows that he can possibly be a guy who slides up in case of injury. However he’s a 3rd liner at best and he’s looking more like a 4th liner to me. I don’t want to see him unless at least two injuries and possibly three injuries in. Ergo I don’t want to see him.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Remember back last December/January we were fantasizing that maybe the B's would sign Quaider for the remainder of the season/post season by February?
Well last Summer he was skating with some of the b's . I figure he had enough with his last concussion. He was a good Bruin and was well loved by his fellow teammates (and the guys who work for the B's). I loved that grin that wasn't really very friendly.

Reactions: Gordoff and BMC

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
What worries me here is that with Vladar as our backup, one of those turds like Paquette, Cirelli, or Maroon is going to full on run Halak until he gets injured.
Then we go full unrestricted warfare on them and run Vasilevsky. Either team losing their goaltender to that kind of shenanigans will end their cup run a lot sooner than later. Look at Colorado. They have to seriously consider playing Michael Hutchinson.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Ritchie NEEDS to be involved. I know that we're outnumber like 4-1 goon wise but if he can give a beatdown to a couple of them as soon as they start their usual crapola it can help win the series. If Ritchie can't get his head into this series and isn't effective or is useless it'll be the end of him here IMO. He has one role to fill and he better damn well do it.
I want someone to take care of that POS Paquette as soon as he starts anything.

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
Ritchie NEEDS to be involved. I know that we're outnumber like 4-1 goon wise but if he can give a beatdown to a couple of them as soon as they start their usual crapola it can help win the series. If Ritchie can't get his head into this series and isn't effective or is useless it'll be the end of him here IMO. He has one role to fill and he better damn well do it.
I have no problem if they insert him into the lineup. That’s how I want him to play the way you described in your post. If Tampa starts the BS early he better get involved, if not I don’t want him in the rest of the series or maybe not on the team again. I have no doubt Tampa will be taking runs at certain bruins players. The bruins must stand up for each other. If they cheap shot one then they go two into the scrum on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad