Pre-Game Talk: 8/23 8:14 PM ECSF GAME 1 - BRUINS vs Lightning - NBC, SN, SN4K, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle

After what we've heard the last few days, it's not necessarily a surprise that Ritchie is back in. I hate pulling Studnicka out of the lineup, but I get why they're doing it for Game 1. I'd bet he's back in there for Game 2.

What have we heard. I don’t understand.

I would like to throw caution to the wind and try Coyle with Studnicka and Bjork if Bjork is ready.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
2 sets of back to back games. Wow! The NHL did not help the Bruins with this at all.

They didn't help anyone with that sort of scheduling. This will be just as bad for TB, or any other team that gets shafted like this. It is pretty disgraceful that the league could not do better than that, particularly when none of the first round series' went to seven games.

Zillah

Bleed Black and Gold
Apr 4, 2011
West Kelowna B.C.
Talk about line matching , schedule , bad ice , officiating etc. all you want but this series is likely going to come down to Halak vs Vasilevskiy . Im scared .

Reactions: JOKER 192

shoulders7

Jan 28, 2009
Peabody
Does Cassidy want Kuraly on line 4 because he thinks it is essential to have him there to go up against Tampa’s big guns ?
He probably wants kuraly on the 4th line because he’s a 4th line player. He can move up in a pinch and be ok, but he is a very good 4th line player. I am fine with giving Ritchie a chance on the 3rd with coyle with Tampa being a more physical team than Carolina.

Reactions: bbfan419

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Talk about line matching , schedule , bad ice , officiating etc. all you want but this series is likely going to come down to Halak vs Vasilevskiy . Im scared .
Be nervous about Halal all you want, but aside from game 1 and 4, Vasilevsky looked downright mediocre all series against CBJ.

I don't get the hype with that guy. He's a big guy, who isn't overly athletic. He makes saves because of his size. Much like Bishop before him.

He's never struck me as the type of goalie who would steal a series for his team, just a guy who won't have bad games, but generally won't steal multiple games.

Reactions: bbfan419 and BMC

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
What have we heard. I don’t understand.

I would like to throw caution to the wind and try Coyle with Studnicka and Bjork if Bjork is ready.

Both Neely and Cassidy discussed the possibility.

Neely:
I think he’ll certainly contribute for us...Especially if we go deep into the playoffs. It was a little different series. That was a fast team that we played in Carolina. Maybe not necessarily as physical. I think we’ll see Nick down the road, for sure.

Cassidy:
If it’s Tampa you’re probably going to see Nick. They’ve got some bigger heavier forwards as well that he could match up well against too, so just a better overall matchup for him. He’ll probably play with (Charlie) Coyle, and then we’d look at the right side who’s the best fit, is it a Björk, is it Jack. We tried Kuraly back over there, we tried that in training camp, didn’t work out that well for us, they didn’t find the chemistry, so probably not a route we’d go unless we were forced to.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX

Doesn't sound promising at all for Stamkos. TB have been insanely tight lipped and cryptic about this situation, leads me to believe he's nowhere close.

As much as that helps the Bruins, I am kind of disappointed. He is a great player and probably the only one on that team I don't despise. I think the series would have been better from a pure hockey point of view with him in it. From a Bruins fan point of view, too bad, so sad, we had to live without Crandon Barlow and eventually the Krug last time we met in the playoffs

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
I honestly can’t believe the NHL has back to back games twice in this series.

How hard is it to have both Eastern conference series play on alternating nights?

I’m assuming they are trying to cram this thing in and get it done, but yeesh.

Reactions: Gordoff and HustleB

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I know Philadelphia has played great since being in the bubble. They are a very good team, I know the Islanders have been playing great and are playing good sound defensive hockey.

But I feel these are the two best teams in the Eastern Conference IMO.

Flyers didn't impress at all against Montreal, they were the worse team in most nights.

Let's go Bruins!!!! ....ng hell I want them to beat Tampa

Reactions: bbfan419

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
He probably wants kuraly on the 4th line because he’s a 4th line player. He can move up in a pinch and be ok, but he is a very good 4th line player. I am fine with giving Ritchie a chance on the 3rd with coyle with Tampa being a more physical team than Carolina.
Maybe Ritchie has more to offer in that role , let’s hope but he’s sure off to a slow start .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad