Pre-Game Talk: 8/23 8:14 PM ECSF GAME 1 - BRUINS vs Lightning - NBC, SN, SN4K, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
I'm glad to see the Ritchie-Coyle-Bjork line get another chance. Their possession numbers together are actually quite good, they obviously just need to translate that into actual goals. Boston is also really going to need some tough physical play from Ritchie and/or Coyle (as well as Chara, McAvoy, Clifton, Wagner, Kuraly, etc.) to supplement the skill of the top 6, as well all remember what happened in 2018 after Game 1.

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
Good Morning Bruins faithful.. Speaking of Nick Ritchie, is he really better than his brother Brett? Maybe but he has yet to show us he is. He HAS to showcase his talents{whatever that may be] this series and if he dont, he should keep his brother company..I'm really tired of this guy taking shifts off, play a good shift and wait 5-6 shifts before we see another good shift.. We gave up a good player in Danton Heinen because Ritchie was supposed to be tougher and plays more physical. Well, get your butt in gear and do just that!!

Needless to say, Halak's play might be the make or break of the series..So far he has played 2 really good games and 1 really bad one. He HAS to play like he did when he first came to Boston. Remember when Rask was playing really bad to begin season so Halak played alot in Oct/Nov of 2018[I think?] and he was really good. THAT's the Halak we need in this series. I'm a major big supporter of Tuukku but he isnt here so Jaro has to step up to the ___ and play like he's capable.

I firmly believe if Halak can play well, Bruins have an awesome chance of winning this series. I'm predicting the winner of this series wins Cup and believe me, I do Not want Tampa to win it..I really dont like that team and if their 4-5 goons shows ANY sign of running Halak, Bruins better get the message across right away, Run our goalie, we run Vasilevskiy.. Send that message the 1st time a TB player looks at Halak the wrong way..

shoulders7

Jan 28, 2009
Peabody
Good Morning Bruins faithful.. Speaking of Nick Ritchie, is he really better than his brother Brett? Maybe but he has yet to show us he is. He HAS to showcase his talents{whatever that may be] this series and if he dont, he should keep his brother company..I'm really tired of this guy taking shifts off, play a good shift and wait 5-6 shifts before we see another good shift.. We gave up a good player in Danton Heinen because Ritchie was supposed to be tougher and plays more physical. Well, get your butt in gear and do just that!!

Needless to say, Halak's play might be the make or break of the series..So far he has played 2 really good games and 1 really bad one. He HAS to play like he did when he first came to Boston. Remember when Rask was playing really bad to begin season so Halak played alot in Oct/Nov of 2018[I think?] and he was really good. THAT's the Halak we need in this series. I'm a major big supporter of Tuukku but he isnt here so Jaro has to step up to the ___ and play like he's capable.

I firmly believe if Halak can play well, Bruins have an awesome chance of winning this series. I'm predicting the winner of this series wins Cup and believe me, I do Not want Tampa to win it..I really dont like that team and if their 4-5 goons shows ANY sign of running Halak, Bruins better get the message across right away, Run our goalie, we run Vasilevskiy.. Send that message the 1st time a TB player looks at Halak the wrong way..
Heinen was traded for Ritchie. One inconsistent third liner for another. Same age, relatively same production, Ritchie with a lower cap charge. Yet heinen was a good player and Ritchie is no better than his brother. The bias on both sides in here sometimes.....
I don’t think Ritchie has been good, but he has only played 11 games as a Bruin with a 4 month layoff in between. This kind of series seems to be why they acquired him, let’s see if he steps up.

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
Heinen was traded for Ritchie. One inconsistent third liner for another. Same age, relatively same production, Ritchie with a lower cap charge. Yet heinen was a good player and Ritchie is no better than his brother. The bias on both sides in here sometimes.....
I don’t think Ritchie has been good, but he has only played 11 games as a Bruin with a 4 month layoff in between. This kind of series seems to be why they acquired him, let’s see if he steps up.

Hey I'm not being bias.. I'm just calling it as I see it..Maybe Im on wrong site..Isnt this where you come and base your opinion?? Brett Ritchie didnt pan out; Bruins then trade for his brother Nick..SO FAR, he has been no better..Why else was the reason he didnt play final 2 games against Canes?? Were the Bruins Brass bias too??

Reactions: BMC

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
This is a long day already.........I'm finally excited about hockey again and there is still 8 hours to go! At least we don't have to worry about OTs pushing it further. Still very humid in this area, so who knows what the ice will be like. No big drop in the humidity until next weekend.

Reactions: Ladyfan and BMC

KrejciWinger

Nov 3, 2015
If 47 and 25 get their heads on straight, this series will be a lot easier. Emphasis on Krug because I think Carlo's missteps have been tied to him.

If Krug is outmatched in his own end then I at least expect him to step it up on the power play. It was Krejci's unit in round 1.

Last edited:

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
This is a long day already.........I'm finally excited about hockey again and there is still 8 hours to go! At least we don't have to worry about OTs pushing it further. Still very humid in this area, so who knows what the ice will be like. No big drop in the humidity until next weekend.

Even here in Newfoundland we had it pretty humid in August..But today we have a nice breeze off the water so it's comfortable here, low 20's celcius..Thank God for the south westers huh, lol..

Not sure what you meant about OT games as overtime is same as every other playoff yr..Anyway, love for Bruins to take the 1st game..I'm anxious to see our lineup for tonight..Hard, tough decision..Do they stick with the lines that won last couple vs Canes or should they insert more physical players..Bruins have tough Dmen but up front is where we need more toughness, especially against a team like TB who has players that like to take liberties...Not happy with his play so far but Ritchie has the ability to play a good physical game. Who knows, maybe he plays his best game as a Bruin tonight if he plays..Bruins desperately need that from him and after sitting him for a couple, I really hope Nick is rearing to go..

Enjoy the rest of your day, stay safe you and your family and as always GO BRUINS!!!

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
The Bruins have several things going here > Window desperation > The Krejci line gelling. David looks as good as ever IMO. Kase is starting to figure it out. JDB is coming along - no quit in his game. > The Bergeron line is only now just ready to take off. > Coyle in leadership and ownership of his line, and > McAvoy's overall game are obvious steps forward for me. We need Torey to get it together. We need bottom six contribution. We need to frustrate Maroon, Cernak and those other idiots into taking penalties, but my sense is if we can win Game One we will shred them in 4 or 5. I have great respect for their offense and goaltending - but I have never truly feared this team.

Welcome to the board! :welcome: Have a cookie! :)

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

Hello there! Good to see you posting again! :)

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Even here in Newfoundland we had it pretty humid in August..But today we have a nice breeze off the water so it's comfortable here, low 20's celcius..Thank God for the south westers huh, lol..

Not sure what you meant about OT games as overtime is same as every other playoff yr..Anyway, love for Bruins to take the 1st game..I'm anxious to see our lineup for tonight..Hard, tough decision..Do they stick with the lines that won last couple vs Canes or should they insert more physical players..Bruins have tough Dmen but up front is where we need more toughness, especially against a team like TB who has players that like to take liberties...Not happy with his play so far but Ritchie has the ability to play a good physical game. Who knows, maybe he plays his best game as a Bruin tonight if he plays..Bruins desperately need that from him and after sitting him for a couple, I really hope Nick is rearing to go..

Enjoy the rest of your day, stay safe you and your family and as always GO BRUINS!!!

I meant there is no afternoon game that can push the start time forward.

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
Hello there! Good to see you posting again! :)

Thank you my friend, I really appreciate you saying that and it's great to be here..I would post more often but I have a busted up back and dont spend alot of time online..BUT I never miss a Bruin game whether it be exibition or playoffs..

All Lined Up

Here's how the Bruins are expected to line up on Sunday night:
Brad Marchand - Patrice Bergeron - David Pastrnak
Jake DeBrusk - David Krejci - Ondrej Kase
Nick Ritchie - Charlie Coyle - Anders Bjork
Joakim Nordstrom - Sean Kuraly - Chris Wagner
Zdeno Chara - Charlie McAvoy
Torey Krug - Brandon Carlo
Matt Grzelcyk - Connor Clifton

The above was posted on nhl.com yesterday so those lines are not written in stone..We'll see how it all works out tonight..BMC, I hope all is well with you and your family and everyone is staying good and safe..All the best!!

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
If 47 and 25 get their heads on straight, this series will be a lot easier. Emphasis on Krug because I think Carlo's missteps have been tied to him.

If Krug is outmatched in his own end then I at least expect him to step it up on the power play. It was Krejci's unit in round 1.
IMO Krug has been far better than Carlo

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Thank you my friend, I really appreciate you saying that and it's great to be here..I would post more often but I have a busted up back and dont spend alot of time online..BUT I never miss a Bruin game whether it be exibition or playoffs..

All Lined Up

Here's how the Bruins are expected to line up on Sunday night:
Brad Marchand - Patrice Bergeron - David Pastrnak
Jake DeBrusk - David Krejci - Ondrej Kase
Nick Ritchie - Charlie Coyle - Anders Bjork
Joakim Nordstrom - Sean Kuraly - Chris Wagner
Zdeno Chara - Charlie McAvoy
Torey Krug - Brandon Carlo
Matt Grzelcyk - Connor Clifton

The above was posted on nhl.com yesterday so those lines are not written in stone..We'll see how it all works out tonight..BMC, I hope all is well with you and your family and everyone is staying good and safe..All the best!!

@nfld77 I'm sorry your back is giving you so much trouble and I hope you'll be better soon. Everything is fine with me & mine thanks for asking. Is that your baby in your avatar? Cute! :)

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

Nice to see you posting !

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Cliffy scares me too. Too reckless. Love his energy . we will see.

Carlo was good before the shut down so I hope he finds his game SOON.

I really think the Bruins need someone reckless in their lineup vs TB to keep the Lightning honest. Otherwise they'll try to bully the Bruins the way they did 2 years ago. Cliffy certainly fits that description!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad