Pre-Game Talk: 8/23 8:14 PM ECSF GAME 1 - BRUINS vs Lightning - NBC, SN, SN4K, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

aguineapig

We don't need Wayne's ghost - he's still very much alive! Being an Ontario native, I'm sure we could slip the real thing into the bubble to take care of business if needed. Even at 75 I'd back him to still be more than capable of sorting out a few of those Bolts pretenders.

cut.jpg
Oh yes, Cash is still very much alive and well. And in 1972 he knew how to respond to the Russians and their slashing and stickwork. He gave it back two fold with elbows and mayhem. He only appeared in Games two and three of the Summit Series a win and a tie for Canada, feeding Espo in each game to pick up two assists. He had 14 PIM's in the two games, he and J.P. "Greasy" Parise wreaked havoc on the Soviets. After Game 3 the Soviet Coach Bobrov said about Cash "If this game had been played in Europe, he would have spent the whole game in the penalty box". They were scared shitless of him. During the break before going over to Moscow, Team Canada played two games against the Swedes to acclimate to the larger ice. Cash took a stick in the mouth which nearly severed his tongue. He took fifty stitches and was unable to play in the final four games.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
From Fluto

Steven Stamkos has yet to play in the playoffs because of an undisclosed injury. Whether he will be available against the Bruins is unknown.
Needless to say they’re still a dangerous team without Stamkos. If he comes back vs Boston it’ll be difficult keeping them off the scoresheet. Carlo really going to have to have a better series. He was not “on” in round 1

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Krejci was the best forward in round 1. If he can keep that up, and Bergeron line plays like the Bergeron line, I like their chances. Keep Coyle at center. Bruins center depth is better than the Bolts. And if Clifton plays like he did the past 2 games that’s a huge advantage for Boston

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Oh yes, Cash is still very much alive and well. And in 1972 he knew how to respond to the Russians and their slashing and stickwork. He gave it back two fold with elbows and mayhem. He only appeared in Games two and three of the Summit Series a win and a tie for Canada, feeding Espo in each game to pick up two assists. He had 14 PIM's in the two games, he and J.P. "Greasy" Parise wreaked havoc on the Soviets. After Game 3 the Soviet Coach Bobrov said about Cash "If this game had been played in Europe, he would have spent the whole game in the penalty box". They were scared shitless of him. During the break before going over to Moscow, Team Canada played two games against the Swedes to acclimate to the larger ice. Cash took a stick in the mouth which nearly severed his tongue. He took fifty stitches and was unable to play in the final four games.

Guess the Swedes weren't quite scared shitless of him.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
B's have to be the underdogs with Rask out.

Though Halak is capable, he's still the backup up against the defending Vezina winner who is also a finalist this season.

Need to make good on the power play to curtail Tampa's physicality.

Stay disciplined, don't take stupid penalties.

Reactions: bbfan419

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Halak needs to be on top of his game. This is not Carolina. They have better scorers. Forward wise and defensive both teams are great. Goalie is the one area of my concern and I hope Halak is up for it.
I agree but our defense hasn't been as good as they should so IMO it is not all on Jaro.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Glad Pastrnak got one game in before this. There was some rust, but hopefully that one game and some focused practices have him 100%.

The last lineup was great against the Canes; but as this series takes on a nasty tone, we may see Lauzon or even Ritchie. I hope the refs don't cower and let the shenanigans go, prompting such a move.

The goaltending matchup now favors Tampa. The margin for error is much lower for a Halak against Tampa. Hopefully he embraces the opportunity and plays lights out.
Wasn't Pasta involved in BOTH of the goals last game ? As long as he doesn't get hurt (which worries me) he will be fine. I wish we had a heavy hitter who could help out when all of those Tampa guys nail Pasta. Maroon will be an asshole as usual

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Big boy hockey time. No more slow starts. No more playing from behind in every game. No backwards step.

Remember the way these f***ing pukes were running around at the Garden back in March. Pat Maroon playing the ‘tough guy’ while rats like Pacquette, Cirelli, Goodrow and Gourde were cheap shotting everything in sight.

If we play at full tempo, forecheck the f*** out of them, drill Hedman and Point at every possible opportunity then we beat these.
I remember Maroon skating over (during the pre game skate) and threatening Pasta and Krug. I thought to myself " If Quaider were here you wouldn't be doing that you asshole".

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Would only think it's possible they play Vladar in game 3 if the Bruins are up 2-0. Game's 5&6 are Halak's, if and no matter what.

As far as this series goes, thinking they're going to need Pasta healthy to pull this one off. If he doesn't miss any games, confident the Bruins can beat them.
IDK...If we are up 2 you don't pull your #1 netminder.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Needless to say they’re still a dangerous team without Stamkos. If he comes back vs Boston it’ll be difficult keeping them off the scoresheet. Carlo really going to have to have a better series. He was not “on” in round 1
I agree. What is up with Carlo ??? Our D scares me.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island

After what we've heard the last few days, it's not necessarily a surprise that Ritchie is back in. I hate pulling Studnicka out of the lineup, but I get why they're doing it for Game 1. I'd bet he's back in there for Game 2.

I imagine this is the lineup and situation they envisioned back at the trade deadline (at least among skaters). Let's see if it works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad