Post-Game Talk: 8-0-1 - Canucks def. Kraken - 5-2 (Podkolzin, Hoglander, Motte, Garland, Pearson)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Watching the replay now and I keep looking at demko and thinking...how are they going to beat this guy?

Then I realize we can always screen our own goalie... Sigh

Still, good to see us actually beating teams we should be again

Diversification

Jun 21, 2019
I haven’t been posting much cause I’m honestly just enjoying the games. Very little to complain about, and maybe just maybe, there’s hope for the future.
Same. It’s getting to the point where a new coach bump no longer applies. It’s just better coaching at this point and there wasn’t anything flukey about last night’s game.

JT Milker

Mar 24, 2018
Stuff like this is why I really hope the Jen Botteril noises are true. Mental health is something I think is still very under supported in sports, and bringing someone with Botteril's experience into the front office could make a world of difference there on and off the ice.

What is her experience beyond a BA in Psychology from ***Harvard***?

Mental health is obviously important, but making that connection to a former pro athlete and TV personality because they studied “psychology” in university is a bit of a stretch lol.

Dab

Apr 17, 2017
What is her experience beyond a BA in Psychology from ***Harvard***?

Mental health is obviously important, but making that connection to a former pro athlete and TV personality because they studied “psychology” in university is a bit of a stretch lol.
You mentioned 3 reasons why she’s a top candidate

1. former very respected pro athlete
2. Harvard Educated
3. Excellent communicator

Reactions: bh53 and Indiana

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
Congrats to all the fellow posters that called out our incompetent coaching long ago

many on here said to wait until the season is done but a vocal few knew the roster was not the issue and a change to competent coaching is all we need

watching hockey with competent coaching is fun again

jb made many mistakes but Wille and Green were his biggest

what makes me shake my head is the delusional few that think Green will ever get a nhl gig again

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
Gotta love the clueless (like Calgarian Hrudey) that think this is all a new coach bump.

Bruce made immediate changes including:

- taking EP off the pp wing
- an aggressive pk
- a shoot first approach
- trusting younger players like podz and hogs
- breaking up Pearson and Bo
- moving “star” players to the pk

All these seem like obvious things to do but alluded our incompetent past coaches

Last edited:

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
Gotta love the clueless (like Calgarian Hrudey) that think this is all a new coach bump.

- an aggressive pk
- a shoot first approach
- trusting younger players like podz

All these seem like obvious things to so but alluded our incompetent past coaches

Am I allowed to contact the Canucks about a refund for every Travis Green coached game I’ve watched live? Can I claim robbery or something.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

- an aggressive pk
- a shoot first approach
- trusting younger players like podz

All these seem like obvious things to so but alluded our incompetent past coaches

Hrudey was so hilariously upset that the Canucks are on a run. Like no shit the Canucks aren’t going to win every game for the rest of eternity, Sherlock.

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
The Canucks are so much fun to watch again. Finally I anticipate game time again with excitement. Demko and Hughes have become franchise players and are a joy to watch. Team chemistry has gelled and players such as Pearson are dropping their gloves to protect their teammates. Boudreau brought the moral up in the dressing room, and the boys are playing like a team that cares for eachother. It really is quite enjoyable to watch.

Now if we could only get Pettersson out of his mental slump, Lookout...

Go Canucks.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
The Canucks are so much fun to watch again. Finally I anticipate game time again with excitement. Demko and Hughes have become franchise players and are a joy to watch. Team chemistry has gelled and players such as Pearson are dropping their gloves to protect their teammates. Boudreau brought the moral up in the dressing room, and the boys are playing like a team that cares for eachother. It really is quite enjoyable to watch.

Now if we could only get Pettersson out of his mental slump, Lookout...

Go Canucks.

I don't think this team makes the playoffs without Pettersson getting his head straight.

Reactions: Indiana

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
The new coach bump excuse has pretty much worn off by now. They definitely aren’t this good but at the same time they weren’t as bad as they played under Green either. Boudreau went after some of the low hanging fruit to start off. A few obvious improvements that Boudreau made:
1. Improved and more aggressive PK using some of the top players.
2. Bettter PP.
3. Team has limited the number of penalties it takes. I don’t have the stats but it’s way down.
4. Spreading the offensive talent over 3 lines instead of loading up the top 2 lines.

I think that we are starting to see more of the system type changes now that he’s had more time with the team. They don’t give up the blue line as easily and the D looks to be playing a simpler defensive game and playing more to their strengths.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad