Post-Game Talk: 8-0-1 - Canucks def. Kraken - 5-2 (Podkolzin, Hoglander, Motte, Garland, Pearson)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Decided to look at the standings this morning...and we are much closer to the playoffs than I thought. Obviously still a hill to climb but all the teams we are chasing are just as "blah" as we are. Feels like it'll be between us, Oilers, and the Jets for that final spot.

View attachment 496080

At least we're in the fight now. That should definitely put a bit more pep in the step of our players who have no appetite for a rebuild / want to play meaningful games.

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
We are good.

My initial response was to a poster saying we will all get Covid, with the implication that it is inevitable.

I was just letting him know that I do not believe it is inevitable as some places are taking different apporaches, such as Hong Kong for example where there is almost no community spread.

To follow-up on what you discussed, I do believe the vaccination rate in Hong Kong is quite low relative to here but the citizens do have access to the Pfizer vaccine - I feel like you threw a lot of China facts at me when I brought up Hong Kong and didn't really see the relevance relative to the conversation I was having.

With how the virus is mutating I don't think it's a stretch at all to say we will all inevitably get covid.

What is so triggering or upsetting by that notion? It's not a morbid proclamation saying all of our lives are at risk. It's the reality that with the disease mutating to over 50 protein spikes, it will be the most transmissable illness on the planet - it probably already is. Omicron has shown encouraging signs of an endemic stage of the illness. That is, extremely high tranmissibility and low morbidity.

And regarding Hong Kong. If you believe their recorded 7 cases per day is accurate, I'm with Canucker on this one - that is absurdly inaccurate information..it's corrupted. I recall watching a covid cases tracker early in the pandemic and it was the same case in mid 2020 - somehow the virus decided to completely avoid a country of 3 billion people.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
I wish they would put Podkolzin in for at least one interview and give him easy questions. We need to hear that deep Russian voice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad