OT: 77th Obsequious Banter Thread: the one where everyone underperforms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I could be completely wrong about it and hopefully i'm not but he was looking to take a break from this place for a while due to political discussions and other similar things that went on here.

This is correct. I havent spoken to him, but i know he was tired of the constant COVID/Political talk dominating this place - and lets face it, thats all there realy is these days, but not by choice - so it was probably a good time to step away. I'm fairly confident he's ok, just taking a break.

Hey guys.

Just have some things that are kinda dominating my thoughts/attention and making it nearly impossible to think about anything else right now. It has nothing to do with this board, politics, or anything like that. My mind is just miles away.

Hope everyone’s doing well. Stay safe guys.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
Hey guys.

Just have some things that are kinda dominating my thoughts/attention and making it nearly impossible to think about anything else right now. It has nothing to do with this board, politics, or anything like that. My mind is just miles away.

Take care of yourself
0f2aedfa150c14493fc1c71cb865551d.gif

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Hey guys.

Is this because i told you you'd have to do more chores if you wanted a ps5?

Joking aside, Hope everything works out well for you and you can get yourself into a good headspace soon.

<3

Last edited:

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Yay Comcrap!

Comcast Prepares to Screw Over Millions With Data Caps in 2021

Next year, Comcast will start charging Xfinity customers in northeastern US states overage fees for exceeding their monthly data cap. As The Verge reports, customers not on an unlimited plan who exceed 1.2 TB of data in a month will have to pay $10 for every 50 GB of data they go over, topping out at $100. To put that into context, streaming HD video over uses about 3 GB per hour. Cloud gaming over something like Stadia uses about 10 GB of data every hour at 1080p. So if you’re not watching your data usage carefully, you could end up with a higher than normal monthly bill.

The change affects Xfintiy customers in Connecticut, Delaware, Massachusetts, Maryland, Maine, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Vermont, West Virginia, and the District of Columbia, as well as parts of North Carolina and Ohio.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

This is why Net Neutrality was a big deal. I'm at 4.8 TB of transfer this month and I can't imagine it getting any better. It's a good thing we can just switch to all of those other great ISPs available in our areas.

Oh. Right. It's just DSL and many places still don't have a single broadband coverage option that companies like AT&T committed to in order to land government contracts.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
This is why Net Neutrality was a big deal. I'm at 4.8 TB of transfer this month and I can't imagine it getting any better. It's a good thing we can just switch to all of those other great ISPs available in our areas.

Oh. Right. It's just DSL and many places still don't have a single broadband coverage option that companies like AT&T committed to in order to land government contracts.

With the new president, expect Net Neutrality to come back. It sounds like Comcast is trying to get their fill before it's taken away.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Hey guys.

If you need an ear, hit me up.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Hey guys.

Glad to see you post and know you are ok. We miss ya bud.

Be safe.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
View attachment 377315 Had an arts and crafts afternoon wrapping presents.

I burned so much glue to mix with crayons to make the wax seals that I think I might pass out at any minute. Even with all the vents and windows open. Dont sniff glue kids.

Over the top I know. But dont have much else to do...

I feel like melting down a candle is cheaper, easier, and safer

Unlike Defect, you are cultured

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I feel like melting down a candle is cheaper, easier, and safer

Unlike Defect, you are cultured

Decent quality crayons and gluegun sticks at a 2:1 ratio weight wise make maybe better sealing wax than actual sealing wax you can buy I think!

Also so cheap (like one crayon and 2 glue sticks will make you enough for ~8-9 seals), and can make it in large enough quantities that you can dip stuff like bottles and make them sealed and fancy ahaha.

Plus can make any colour, and also mix stuff like glitter in to make it really interesting for 5 year olds and adults who are tacky. :laugh:

I only researched how to do it because I wanted to seal something in a yellow colour that I could not find.

But yeh, now my house smells like a meth lab.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Decent quality crayons and gluegun sticks at a 2:1 ratio weight wise make maybe better sealing wax than actual sealing wax you can buy I think!

Also so cheap (like one crayon and 2 glue sticks will make you enough for ~8-9 seals), and can make it in large enough quantities that you can dip stuff like bottles and make them sealed and fancy ahaha.

Plus can make any colour, and also mix stuff like glitter in to make it really interesting for 5 year olds and adults who are tacky. :laugh:

I only researched how to do it because I wanted to seal something in a yellow colour that I could not find.

Yeah, but it's cultured meth.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell

Glitter? f*** using that shit or allowing anyone near you use it.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Glitter? f*** using that shit or allowing anyone near you use it.

Haha. My little sister loves the stuff.

A few years ago I was home for a weekend and then on Monday went to work for a meeting at 9am... after the meeting I went to the bathroom and realised that there was a distinct amount of glitter on my face haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad