OT: 77th Obsequious Banter Thread: the one where everyone underperforms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Good thing I haven't won the lottery yet. Once it pops and I win. We will have the necessary funds to buy all the remaining sealed booster boxes out there. Then we're going to open them on YouTube or Twitch with a bunch of doggos and cats to get all the donation and subscription money.

The whole card market looks to be a major major bubble right now it's absurd. Cards have doubled, tripled, etc in the last year. People like to say that it's people "diversifying" their portfolio but I think that's a load of shit. I also don't believe a lot of eBay auctions final auction price. I feel like a good portion of them are fraudulent shill bidders.

I know very little about the card market myself and @JojoTheWhale can probably shove me in a locker and tell me i'm completely wrong. That's just where my head is at.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
The whole card market looks to be a major major bubble right now it's absurd. Cards have doubled, tripled, etc in the last year. People like to say that it's people "diversifying" their portfolio but I think that's a load of shit. I also don't believe a lot of eBay auctions final auction price. I feel like a good portion of them are fraudulent shill bidders.

I know very little about the card market myself and @JojoTheWhale can probably shove me in a locker and tell me i'm completely wrong. That's just where my head is at.
Idk how it is outside of the Pokemon market. But the Gotta Catch Em All is gonna burst soon. Not sure if people are gonna go bonkers thinking it's a good investment. You have to grade these things and hope you break even at least. Then who knows if it actually sells. Idk it's a cool hobby. But I have a bad feeling.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Idk how it is outside of the Pokemon market. But the Gotta Catch Em All is gonna burst soon. Not sure if people are gonna go bonkers thinking it's a good investment. You have to grade these things and hope you break even at least. Then who knows if it actually sells. Idk it's a cool hobby. But I have a bad feeling.

It's quite similar to the Pokemon market from what I can tell from the outside.

Reactions: Chinatown88
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad