GDT: #76: FLYERS at Capitals, Sunday, March 24, 2019, 12:30 p.m. ET

Flyrs21

Dec 17, 2006
Just think how many he would have scored if he was used properly all year...

Last year he scored 24 goals, when only with Giroux and Couts for half the year and averaging 14:54 per game
This year he's scored 22, when screwed with all over the lineup and averaging 15:09 per game.

He'd likely have two 30 goal years already, if used properly.
But he sucks defensively, offense isn't important in the nhl. :rolleyes:

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I'm wondering if he's turned total troll like his buddy Eklund. Or, if he's just been brainwashed hanging out with all the old heads, like Therien. Either way, he's a goner.

I don’t know.

He seems to have a stick up his ass because of fans on Twitter questioning him and the team, so I wouldn’t be surprised if he was saying dumb shit on purpose.

Or maybe he’s just dumb.

But yeah, either way he’s useless.

But he sucks defensively, offense isn't important in the nhl. :rolleyes:

Which isn’t even true. He’s no Selke nominee, but it’s not as if the guy is out there f***ing up all day. He’s no worse defensively than any other average player.

His defensive woes are just fabricated and exaggerated by one whiny poster who has an agenda because TK embarrassed him and Hakstol.

FlyerFan22

Dec 22, 2015
Philadelphia
For everyone that says they should of tanked...... the 5th worst team in the nhl has a 8.5% chance to win the first overall pick. This team was never going to be a bottom 5 team

I vaguely remember a team a few years ago that was supposed to pick 13th, and thanks to the lottery, ended up with the second pick.

If only I could remember which team that was?:huh:

Reactions: Flyrs21

MarAlain MongYeo

GostisBeHere Now
Oct 22, 2016
And I described Konecny, who is a top line goal scoring winger.

Wouldnt the team be better if we had a guy like Panarin on our first and then we have a guy like Konecny down the wings? It would be a matchup problem. Doesnt have to be with Laughton and Hartman necessarily but it's hardly the worst tthing to have a skilled goal scorer as depth

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Wouldnt the team be better if we had a guy like Panarin on our first and then we have a guy like Konecny down the wings? It would be a matchup problem. Doesnt have to be with Laughton and Hartman necessarily but it's hardly the worst tthing to have a skilled goal scorer as depth
That's not how you presented that thought though. You said you wanted to sign Panarin so we could keep TK with those two, as if that's something we should aim for, not that would just so happen to be a trickle down effect.

Regardless, if we signed Panarin, there's absolutely no excuse for Laughton or Hartman to be in the top 9...

The top 9 should then be some combination of:

1 Giroux
2 Couturier
3 Panarin
4 Voracek
5 TK
6 Patrick
7 Lindblom
8 JVR
9 Frost

magnumpi

Roger got goofy with Cancer
Apr 22, 2018
That's not how you presented that thought though. You said you wanted to sign Panarin so we could keep TK with those two, as if that's something we should aim for, not that would just so happen to be a trickle down effect.

Regardless, if we signed Panarin, there's absolutely no excuse for Laughton or Hartman to be in the top 9...

1 Giroux
2 Couturier
3 Panarin
4 Voracek
5 TK
6 Patrick
7 Lindblom
8 JVR
9 Frost

on paper that's a talented group of 9 forwards.
Then there's a guy like Hartman on the 4th line.

A competent coach should be able to find a way to get them to play well.

If that group with Hart in goal couldn't be successful then there's something inherently rotten in the organization.

Reactions: Rebels57

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
on paper that's a talented group of 9 forwards.
Then there's a guy like Hartman on the 4th line.

A competent coach should be able to find a way to get them to play well.

If that group with Hart in goal couldn't be successful then there's something inherently rotten in the organization.
That group would be so talented that not even Hakstol could f*** it up. We already have a great forward core, but adding Panarin and Frost, and pushing Laughton and Hartman to the 4th line, would give us a ridiculous amount of scoring potential. Not to mention the skilled defensemen we have...

MarAlain MongYeo

GostisBeHere Now
Oct 22, 2016

1 Giroux
2 Couturier
3 Panarin
4 Voracek
5 TK
6 Patrick
7 Lindblom
8 JVR
9 Frost

I dont know if we can count on Frost being quite ready for the NHL yet, there's a good chance he goes to the AHL to start out next year, which is hardly a disaster.

Given these options of forwards the best combo would probably be

Giroux-Coots-Panarin

Lindblom-Patrick-Voracek

JVR-Laughton-Konecny

Still dont really love the C depth because Patrick tends to go quiet for any given month at a time, and while I dont want to say G is done as a center, he's much more effective to me as a winger at this stage.

At the end of this post I think Ive moved on to wanting Duchene more as a signing, outside of the fact that he is literally cursed we do need a center more than a winger. Of course Id still be ecstatic if we got Panarin

Freddy The Fog

Don't live in the fast lane. Live on the off ramp
Aug 3, 2005
Look at Hart’s facial movement after the Caps score the second goal. Shit like that wears on a goalies nerves after a while. Need a better coach for this team that knows how to manage defense

magnumpi

Roger got goofy with Cancer
Apr 22, 2018
That group would be so talented that not even Hakstol could **** it up. We already have a great forward core, but adding Panarin and Frost, and pushing Laughton and Hartman to the 4th line, would give us a ridiculous amount of scoring potential. Not to mention the skilled defensemen we have...

not a fan of Laughton. He;s meh to me.

But i guess as a 4th liner he's fine.
I'd include him in a quantity type quality deal, not saying he'd add great value but he's the type you trade if there's an opportunity and the other team values him.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I dont know if we can count on Frost being quite ready for the NHL yet, there's a good chance he goes to the AHL to start out next year, which is hardly a disaster.

Giroux-Coots-Panarin

Lindblom-Patrick-Voracek

JVR-Laughton-Konecny

Still dont really love the C depth because Patrick tends to go quiet for any given month at a time, and while I dont want to say G is done as a center, he's much more effective to me as a winger at this stage.

At the end of this post I think Ive moved on to wanting Duchene more as a signing, outside of the fact that he is literally cursed we do need a center more than a winger. Of course Id still be ecstatic if we got Panarin
There's no reason to think Frost can't play in the NHL. He's ultra skilled, smart, a great skater, responsible defensively... Just use him properly and there shouldn't be any problem. We don't need a center, we just need a coach, with balls, who realizes using a young player isn't the end of the world. Plus, it's not like we need him to step into the top 6 immediately... playing semi-sheltered minutes on the 3rd line isn't exactly asking much.

Also, Panarin is a LW.

Last edited:

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
not a fan of Laughton. He;s meh to me.

But i guess as a 4th liner he's fine.
I'd include him in a quantity type quality deal, not saying he'd add great value but he's the type you trade if there's an opportunity and the other team values him.
I think he's probably worth more to us as a pretty damn good 4th liner than whatever tiny value he'd add to a trade.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Flyrs21

Dec 17, 2006
Which isn’t even true. He’s no Selke nominee, but it’s not as if the guy is out there ****ing up all day. He’s no worse defensively than any other average player.

His defensive woes are just fabricated and exaggerated by one whiny poster who has an agenda because TK embarrassed him and Hakstol.
Right.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas

Giroux-Coots-Panarin

Lindblom-Patrick-Voracek

JVR-Laughton-Konecny

No we need wingers. We don't need centers blocking Patrick and Frost from top 6 roles for 7 years.

Reactions: Rebels57

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad