GDT: #76: FLYERS at Capitals, Sunday, March 24, 2019, 12:30 p.m. ET

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
I have good news for you. A new coach is coming. The 4th line will be replaced. AMac is being phased out. Hagg, we'll see, but Fletcher is supposedly a fancy stat guy. If so, Hagg is in trouble. I think everything will be fine with a couple small tweaks and a proper coach hired.

I hope they offer you the Head Coaching job.

You are 20x better then what we got.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
So we’re in the #14 spot right now.

17. Canadiens - 87P 75GP
16. Avalanche - 80P 75GP
————
15. Blue Jackets - 84P 74GP
14. Flyers - 80P 76GP
13. Coyotes - 79P 75GP
12. Wild - 79P 76GP
11. Panthers - 78P 76GP
10. Blackhawks - 74P 74GP

The Av’s are in the last WC spot in the West so whoever grabs that last spot won’t be in the lottery. The Flyers & Panthers are done as far as the playoffs go. The Coyotes & Wild are still alive in the West while the Blue Jackets are alive in the East.

So realistically I’m thinking we could finish anywhere between #11-14.

Last edited:

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
He’s honestly exactly what the Flyers forward group needs. Good two way player who can hit. It’s annoying when he’s on the other team but someone like that would compliment our young forwards very well. Can’t say we’ve had anyone like that since Richards.
We have those, they just aren't being coached properly.

Oshie coached properly gets 5M. Makes you wonder if you'd support paying that, as a Flyer fan.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
He’s honestly exactly what the Flyers forward group needs. Good two way player who can hit. It’s annoying when he’s on the other team but someone like that would compliment our young forwards very well. Can’t say we’ve had anyone like that since Richards.
yup.

We would love a Oshie type here. We lack it going forward too. Gotta try and find one. Or develop one.

Reactions: cheesesteak

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
So we’re in the #14 spot right now.

16. Avalanche - 80P 75GP
15. Blue Jackets - 84P 74GP
14. Flyers - 80P 76GP
13. Coyotes - 79P 75GP
12. Wild - 79P 76GP
11. Panthers - 79P 76GP
10. Blackhawks - 74P 74GP

The Av’s are in the last WC spot in the West so whoever grabs that last spot won’t be in the lottery. The Flyers & Panthers are done as far as the playoffs go. The Coyotes & Wild are still alive in the West while the Blue Jackets are alive in the East.

We are now Panthers, Wild, Avs, and Yotes fans for the rest of the year.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas

Oshie's teams sure seem to win a lot of games.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Washington needs to tone down their tough guy game or they're going to pay for it (on the scoreboard like with TB the other night when the Lightning blitzed them on the PP) and on the ice (players keep score on cheap hits. This year's young guy might be a bit more physically mature after a summer with the weights and come back to kick an older guy's butt next season).

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
(on the scoreboard like with TB the other night when the Lightning blitzed them on the PP)
The bitch of it is it worked out perfectly for them. They took a once-in-a-decade-good team to OT who wanted to beat them because they're the cup champs.
I guess we're all talking about Wilson here. Wilsons don't grow on trees. No more than Wendell Clarks or Tie Domis.

The bad news is, your team doesn't have one. The good news is, most other teams don't have one.

Last edited:

forzanerazzurri

Mar 22, 2007
Calgary
So is everyone super happy now that the flyers went on a useless run and totally destroyed their draft position? Next time shut the f*** up when guys are saying that a tank is probably a good idea when the team is last in December.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
TK's tough in a go-getter sense. He'll drop them. Do you mean we need those fisticuffs?
No. Look at Oshie today Didn't fight, was noticeable almost every shift. Even Wilson today too. Another effective game. Scored, caused us to take a retaliatory penalty. Hit.

I said yesterday, we lack that edge. Look at how the 2 Tkachuks play. Energy, edge, toughness, will....call it what you want...we lack it. And I don't think out top F prospects have it either in Frost, Farabee or Ratcliffe.

At least on D we have the size and skill to hope that Myers and Morin come along and have that. But I also am willing to say that we have been neutered so much by Hakstol, that hopefully a new coach can help instill it in our guys, like a TK. Oshie is 5'11 and 180 but plays way bigger. No reason why we can't have that too.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Justice for Cricket
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
So is everyone super happy now that the flyers went on a useless run and totally destroyed their draft position? Next time shut the **** up when guys are saying that a tank is probably a good idea when the team is last in December.

I want no part of a team that loses on purpose. Shit like that leads to more bad habits from our kids.
So if you don’t like a team that tries to win every night than go root for another f***ing team.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
Spongebob-Patrick-Squidward-Mr.-Krabs-Nope-Gif.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad