OT: 73rd Obsequious Banter Thread: The Thread With No Name

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I was tempted to start a dedicated Thread, but I think that would have been testing what goodwill this Outsider has gained thus far in the Flyer Board, so I'll use this Thread. There will be a few Posts and from what I've learned from the short time I've spent on your Board, I'm confident you folks will appreciate them. If not, I'm also confident you will let me know where to bring it down a notch.

So, with that lengthy, boring intro out of the way, the Topic involves your infamous Brother, Beef Invictus. I have made reference to enjoying his twisted GIF's and appreciate how he mixes those in with solid hockey chat/observation posts. I endeavour to do the same and have found myself inspired by B.I. to utilize more bizarre GIF's occasionally.

As Beef Invictus is an icon here and his style is accepted & appreciated (by most) within the Flyer community, I have been drifting around some of the other Team Boards which have been similarly welcoming as you folks have. Their reactions have been VERY different to these GIF's.

These reactions are what I would like to bring back to you guys (and gals) as I owe them to Beef Invictus & yourselves for inviting me into your community. I'll reference the ones I'm most familiar with below. No disrespect intended for not mentioning others.

Cheers

@Beef Invictus
@Captain Dave Poulin
@Chinatown88

I’m known as everyone’s favorite mod around these parts so I’m kind of offended and feel disrespected

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
So Winnipeg is hosting the Ducks on the weekend. Plenty of material to work with, someone from the 'Peg posts this:

1bdiivl-niadagsxv8rb6rva6rilsyip4byx8pvo20-2-jpg.288435

Fish in a Barrel, of course, I come back with:

giphy-gif.288441

Jets Board is on my side, getting lots of likes for the regular GIFs every time something Jetscentric happens and then Niki Ehlers decides to drop the gloves with Ryan Getzlaf!

The Jets Board explodes. They're posting questions wondering if Niki has rabies or was bitten by a Zombie from the Walking Dead. I wait.....remembering my good anti-social disordered buddy Beef Invictus.....until the end of the Period and then I post this:

"Hey folks, it took me a while to find it, but I found the game clip where Getzlaf is looking down at Ehlers challenging him to fight":
creepy-gif.288459

Right away there were 4 Likes

and then there was a pause and this reply:

tenor-8-gif.288461

"What is that???"

by several Jets Members. It was awesome.
Thank you Beef Invictus

Cheers

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
You're all tied below MSE in my personal rankings.
You folks have probably heard this before but,

There's a great quote from Gordie Howe when he was talking to a referee one game (I cannot recall the name of the referee). Apparently Mr. Howe said something like, "You know, you're the 2nd best ref in the league." The referee apparently replied, "Really, thank you Gordie." To which Mr. Howe said, "Yeah, everyone else is tied for first."

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
So Winnipeg is hosting the Ducks on the weekend. Plenty of material to work with, someone from the 'Peg posts this:

1bdiivl-niadagsxv8rb6rva6rilsyip4byx8pvo20-2-jpg.288435

Fish in a Barrel, of course, I come back with:

giphy-gif.288441

Jets Board is on my side, getting lots of likes for the regular GIFs every time something Jetscentric happens and then Niki Ehlers decides to drop the gloves with Ryan Getzlaf!

The Jets Board explodes. They're posting questions wondering if Niki has rabies or was bitten by a Zombie from the Walking Dead. I wait.....remembering my good anti-social disordered buddy Beef Invictus.....until the end of the Period and then I post this:

"Hey folks, it took me a while to find it, but I found the game clip where Getzlaf is looking down at Ehlers challenging him to fight":
creepy-gif.288459

Right away there were 4 Likes

and then there was a pause and this reply:

tenor-8-gif.288461

"What is that???"

by several Jets Members. It was awesome.
Thank you Beef Invictus

Cheers

You're doing really important science here

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
My current class is wrapping up. In 8 weeks: 1,510 pages of reading. 48-64 hours of labs. 4 papers with a 5th compiling them all together...gotta do that 4th and the compilation sometime in the next few days, and there's an exam on top of that.

f*** this to death. The syllabus described this as a 15-20 hour per week workload. I've gone long stretches with less than 4 hours of sleep a night trying to just keep up; I still fell behind schedule.

The moral here: Don't go to school. Just join the French Foreign Legion or take up river piracy.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
My current class is wrapping up. In 8 weeks: 1,510 pages of reading. 48-64 hours of labs. 4 papers with a 5th compiling them all together...gotta do that 4th and the compilation sometime in the next few days, and there's an exam on top of that.

**** this to death. The syllabus described this as a 15-20 hour per week workload. I've gone long stretches with less than 4 hours of sleep a night trying to just keep up; I still fell behind schedule.

The moral here: Don't go to school. Just join the French Foreign Legion or take up river piracy.

Everyone gets As.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

**** this to death. The syllabus described this as a 15-20 hour per week workload. I've gone long stretches with less than 4 hours of sleep a night trying to just keep up; I still fell behind schedule.

Just beat them up.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Not in this class. It's super easy to get a D or F in this course. Likewise on the Cisco course I took. This is definitely meant to be an insane barrier to weed people out.

Oh, I thought you were teaching it. Who's your prof, I'll send him a care package and you wont have to worry about it.

Reactions: Defect
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad