OT: 73rd Obsequious Banter Thread: The Thread With No Name

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
ELQVVFcVAAAFpcZ

What a great way to spread two great messages.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
@Captain Dave Poulin that Lizzo lady is trending on twitter. She wore some like Rikishi outfit to a Lakers game with her butt cheeks clearly exposed.

She’s just getting roasted on there. :laugh:

I'm all in favor if self expression and accepting people for who they are, but....there are limits. This is one of them.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

Looks like a completely different type of movie but that could work much more in its favor instead of trying to ape the original and failing like the last one. I'm totally on board so far.

Like that last one I’m still in the opinion of just leaving it alone. But obviously Hollywood has an issue in general with leaving things alone from the past.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
It feels like they’re basically just taking the Ghostbuster’s name for a nostalgia bump while trying to make some Stranger Things type of kid adventure cast/theme.

Well...

Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Ernie Hudson, Sigourney Weaver, and Annie Potts are all supposed to be in the movie. I think they're just gonna wait to unveil that even though it's out there that they're signed on.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Well...

Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Ernie Hudson, Sigourney Weaver, and Annie Potts are all supposed to be in the movie. I think they're just gonna wait to unveil that even though it's out there that they're signed on.

I figured that some of them would return but I’d imagine it still is efforts to keep the nostalgia going.

I don’t go to see movies in theaters anyway so it’s not really like all this shit matters from my perspective. If I hear something’s good I’ll watch when it’s available at home. I just doubt that will be the case here with this one.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Like that last one I’m still in the opinion of just leaving it alone. But obviously Hollywood has an issue in general with leaving things alone from the past.
I’m ok with this take, the 2016 one was unnecessary.
In the movies they talked about franchising, the 2016 movie could have taken that approach as a new crew in a new city, instead of trying to rehash the original but gurl power.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
I figured that some of them would return but I’d imagine it still is efforts to keep the nostalgia going.

I don’t go to see movies in theaters anyway so it’s not really like all this **** matters from my perspective. If I hear something’s good I’ll watch when it’s available at home. I just doubt that will be the case here with this one.
This might be the first movie in who knows how long I see in the theater. Possibly twice, first for me and to judge to see if my son can watch it for the second time. He loves the first one.

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I’m ok with this take, the 2016 one was unnecessary.
In the movies they talked about franchising, the 2016 movie could have taken that approach as a new crew in a new city, instead of trying to rehash the original but gurl power.

I understand that it’s different at least from anything before but I’m still of the opinion they should just leave it alone.

But I honestly take that viewpoint with a lot remakes/reboots these days.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
I understand that it’s different at least from anything before but I’m still of the opinion they should just leave it alone.

But I honestly take that viewpoint with a lot remakes/reboots these days.
I’m right there with you on reboots. It’s not necessary except to milk the cash cow. Was the 2000’s the thing needed, no. Was 1984 the thing, yes, even though it was sort of a remake from a 60’s version. Writing that out I sound like a hypocrite. I was going to say enough time had passed, but more time had passed for the most recent remake.
I don’t know what to believe anymore!

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I’m right there with you on reboots. It’s not necessary except to milk the cash cow. Was the 2000’s the thing needed, no. Was 1984 the thing, yes, even though it was sort of a remake from a 60’s version. Writing that out I sound like a hypocrite. I was going to say enough time had passed, but more time had passed for the most recent remake.
I don’t know what to believe anymore!

I fully admit it’s hard for Hollywood to recycle things with the internet these days which they got away with in the past.

Like I didn’t mind growing up when they were remaking/rebooting shit from like the 40’s-70’s I never even seen/heard of before. But that’s not really the case anymore.

But this issue probably creeps into a lot forms of entertainment these days with all the easy access to content.

Reactions: Defect

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
I fully admit it’s hard for Hollywood to recycle things with the internet these days which they got away with in the past.

Like I didn’t mind growing up when they were remaking/rebooting **** from like the 40’s-70’s I never even seen/heard of before. But that’s not really the case anymore.

But this issue probably creeps into a lot forms of entertainment these days with all the easy access to content.
Another problem is instead of remaking movies that generally weren't that great to begin with or had very dated special effects, they keep rehashing genre classics because NAME RECOGNITION and screw the spirit of the original. I'm glaring extra hard at you, Robocop remake!

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Another problem is instead of remaking movies that generally weren't that great to begin with or had very dated special effects, they keep rehashing genre classics because NAME RECOGNITION and screw the spirit of the original. I'm glaring extra hard at you, Robocop remake!

The Total Recall remake misses the whole point so badly it makes my eyes puke.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

The Point Break remake made me want to break things too.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
A sequel to the shining wasn’t necessary, and while I haven’t seen it yet, I appreciate that they “waited” the approximate time for Danny to grow up IRL, even though Danny Lloyd was not recast.
Danny Torrence not Lloyd

Last edited:

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
@Appleyard has a stat that ghost is our 6th defensemen with 50 goals all time. Out of curiosity I took a look at the penguins and they only have 6 as well. Kris Letang, Paul Coffey, Larry Murphy, Ron Stackhouse, Randy Carlyle, and Sergei Gonchar. I plan on looking at the rest of our expansion year but I’m tied up at the moment.
I also did not factor if any goals were made during a stint with any other team, I’m not sure how this website is tracking it.

Reactions: Chinatown88
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad