OT: 73rd Obsequious Banter Thread: The Thread With No Name

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I’d like to take this moment to say a big f*** you to all package delivery services because multiple different ones have left expensive electronics out in the rain WITHOUT EVEN RINGING THE DOOR BELL.

Including years ago where they left my brand new laptop out in the rain, leaning up against the garage door, in the middle of a weekday, and the only reason I knew it was there was from checking the package tracking info.

What brown can do for me is go f*** themselves.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I've been in my house for four years. Every single FedEx delivery we've received here has gone to the same house number one street over. Every time I call and they assure me it's fixed.

UPS may leave my stuff out in the rain, but at least I can find it.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I've been in my house for four years. Every single FedEx delivery we've received here has gone to the same house number one street over. Every time I call and they assure me it's fixed.

UPS may leave my stuff out in the rain, but at least I can find it.

Sounds like you can find them too when it's FedEx so stop complaining.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
I’d like to take this moment to say a big **** you to all package delivery services because multiple different ones have left expensive electronics out in the rain WITHOUT EVEN RINGING THE DOOR BELL.

Including years ago where they left my brand new laptop out in the rain, leaning up against the garage door, in the middle of a weekday, and the only reason I knew it was there was from checking the package tracking info.

What brown can do for me is go **** themselves.
Make a UPS account and you can set up email/text alerts for your more expensive deliveries. You'll get notifications when delivered or any other pertinent updates during shipping.

You can also set delivery times (to an extent) and give specific instructions for where you want them to drop your package.

Most of this is free but there are some upgrades you need to pay for.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
tenor.gif

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
Have you ever ordered from LimitedRunGames? They look reliable, but I've never tried.

They look reliable, but I've never tried. I don't think I can turn down a Switch physical copy of Divinity: Original Sin II even if it'll take 2-4 months to arrive.
I haven't yet. I always see them retweeted by the NintendoWire account on Twitter. But I'm really tempted to buy.

Bubble Bobble 4 Friends receiving limited Standard, Collector's physical editions | Nintendo Wire

Edit: Jeez there's LimitedRunGames and StrictlyLimitedGames. Son of a biscuit. Haven't ordered from either place yet gonna check Reddit posts to see if there's any negative experiences.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Have you ever ordered from LimitedRunGames? They look reliable, but I've never tried.

I don't think I can turn down a Switch physical copy of Divinity: Original Sin II even if it'll take 2-4 months to arrive.

I've known people to purchase from them and it seems to be fine. Not sure about the shipping, but apparently they deliver what they say.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
I just Realized today is Friday and I could have worn Jeans to work but forgot it was friday and I am wearing the shackles that are work Khakis. I am now miserable.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Back home from two weeks in London. Weather was great and took the family to a lot of what I have enjoyed in previous visits.

Note to travelers with infants/toddlers: everything takes 3-4 times longer. :laugh: Neighbourhoods I visited in one day last time took 2-3 days this time. :laugh:

Got to watch a couple of early Flyers games on one of the weekends, but pretty much missed everything else. I seriously admire the dedication of you Euros that watch games starting at midnight or later on a regular basis. I got through the first period of one game before passing out, so didn't even bother trying the rest.

@Hollywood Couturier, I dropped my Authentic Fan card off at customs on my return.

Happy to be home, but miss London already. :(

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Back home from two weeks in London. Weather was great and took the family to a lot of what I have enjoyed in previous visits.

Note to travelers with infants/toddlers: everything takes 3-4 times longer. :laugh: Neighbourhoods I visited in one day last time took 2-3 days this time. :laugh:

Got to watch a couple of early Flyers games on one of the weekends, but pretty much missed everything else. I seriously admire the dedication of you Euros that watch games starting at midnight or later on a regular basis. I got through the first period of one game before passing out, so didn't even bother trying the rest.

@Hollywood Couturier, I dropped my Authentic Fan card off at customs on my return.

Happy to be home, but miss London already. :(

I appreciate you doing this the easy way and not making me have to hunt you down. Very noble of you. For that reason I will allow you to keep the card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad