OT: 73rd Obsequious Banter Thread: The Thread With No Name

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
@Appleyard has a stat that ghost is our 6th defensemen with 50 goals all time. Out of curiosity I took a look at the penguins and they only have 6 as well. Kris Letang, Paul Coffey, Larry Murphy, Ron Stackhouse, Randy Carlyle, and Sergei Gonchar. I plan on looking at the rest of our expansion year but I’m tied up at the moment.
Spreading hockey talk to non hockey talk threads? Just because The Menu leaks into all other threads. SMH

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
63FDA86A-17D2-47AE-A832-A64A020767E2.png
I’m tired of writing out names but the King’s have 9.
AE4C613A-CB85-4067-B309-BD1674268D2F.png
while the blues have 6

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
I don’t think it’s fair to include the seals or north stars, but if this website only includes goals scored while on the respective teams, it’s not too bad that we only have 6 defensemen over 50 goals, as shockingly small of a group as that sounds.

Ginger Papa

Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
I was tempted to start a dedicated Thread, but I think that would have been testing what goodwill this Outsider has gained thus far in the Flyer Board, so I'll use this Thread. There will be a few Posts and from what I've learned from the short time I've spent on your Board, I'm confident you folks will appreciate them. If not, I'm also confident you will let me know where to bring it down a notch.

So, with that lengthy, boring intro out of the way, the Topic involves your infamous Brother, Beef Invictus. I have made reference to enjoying his twisted GIF's and appreciate how he mixes those in with solid hockey chat/observation posts. I endeavour to do the same and have found myself inspired by B.I. to utilize more bizarre GIF's occasionally.

As Beef Invictus is an icon here and his style is accepted & appreciated (by most) within the Flyer community, I have been drifting around some of the other Team Boards which have been similarly welcoming as you folks have. Their reactions have been VERY different to these GIF's.

These reactions are what I would like to bring back to you guys (and gals) as I owe them to Beef Invictus & yourselves for inviting me into your community. I'll reference the ones I'm most familiar with below. No disrespect intended for not mentioning others.

Cheers

@Beef Invictus
@Captain Dave Poulin
@Chinatown88

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad