OT: 73rd Obsequious Banter Thread: The Thread With No Name

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Hey I made something for the wife for Christmas.
05D6F688-1239-476F-B9DB-B70905B04499.jpeg

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I have a 50' extendable ship ladder. What could go wrong?

Also, why the hell would you need a mirror so high you can't reach it?

It’s going above the fire place, our living room is one of those open two level kinda rooms so we needed one with some size so that it fit the room. It’s more decorative than anything.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
A new robocall center must have opened up on Christmas. Well robocall is probably the wrong term.
I’ve gotten at least 12 group spam phishing texts since Christmas evening. These dumbasses are actually replying asking to stop the texts, in turn adding more texts.
I’m one of the few people without unlimited texting, stop f***ing responding!

speak of the devils.
6185BDFC-CA92-4E66-868B-F7F742BB31E2.jpeg

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
A new robocall center must have opened up on Christmas. Well robocall is probably the wrong term.
I’ve gotten at least 12 group spam phishing texts since Christmas evening. These dumbasses are actually replying asking to stop the texts, in turn adding more texts.
I’m one of the few people without unlimited texting, stop ****ing responding!

speak of the devils.
View attachment 298947

Ugh, this is as bad as the people at work who respond to the blatant phishing emails with "this isnt our invoice, please remove me from this mailing list."

Except the reply all goes to half the comoany, so it turns into, quite literally, 800 emails before our IT can even shut it down.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Perfect idea. My parents are extremely nice and my Mom loves nothing more than feeding a crowd. I'll be safely at my house, though, as I know you people.

Also, there's no water until Wednesday, so don't plan on using the bathroom.

The Latin "shrubberus" was the first written form of a word for "toilet" - true story.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Perfect idea. My parents are extremely nice and my Mom loves nothing more than feeding a crowd. I'll be safely at my house, though, as I know you people.

I cant even tempt you with good bourbon cause I've seen your stockpile.

But if we're talking homemade italian, I'm already on my way. I'll shit in the street for that kinda homemade cuisine.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013

I go outside anyway, no biggie. What’s the address? I’ll bring a bag of lays.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

I bet I could make the neighbor across the street sell his house.

Just something to think about.

Superman33

Feb 27, 2002
Bucks County.
Ugh, this is as bad as the people at work who respond to the blatant phishing emails with "this isnt our invoice, please remove me from this mailing list."

Except the reply all goes to half the comoany, so it turns into, quite literally, 800 emails before our IT can even shut it down.

I've only received nine emails since Tuesday (which is incredible since I average 200 a day) and seven of them were in reference to blatant phishing emails. Three principals telling me their building got them, two teachers who forwarded me the messages directly, and two teachers who emailed me to tell me that they responded to the blatant phishing email. I'll never understand how someone would think that "Merry Christmas! We have a school emergency, please email me." is a legitimate email, especially when it is coming from something like [email protected].

Luckily, most of our phishing emails of this nature are bcc'd, so we don't end up with giant threads of people responding. Once they tell me about them, it is pretty easy to block the account. Also, most of our phishing scams end up with the people asking for Sephora gift cards. We know this because multiple people have gone deep enough into the phishing attempt to get to the "ask". One got as far as the "deliver" part before stopping.

The other two emails were from one of my teacher coaches asking advice on topics for professional development. I really wish my response could be, "Don't care, do whatever you want and please stop emailing me these questions.".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad