Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
giphy.gif

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
I have a friend from high school who is a plumber
Makes very good money, makes his own schedule [see above], is on pace to retire before me, has zero debt [I'll be paying my grad school loans till I die], & belongs to a country club. Sounds amazing until you realize he wallows around in other people's poop all day.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Hang you’re own mirror... Measuring tape, level, two +50lb mounting hardware (of you’re choice, or 4 if you want each corner held), drill, anchors.
I don't know about anyone else but it's a money back guarantee that if I try hanging a mirror like that it will conclude with shards of glass

Reactions: Defect

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Owning a plumbing business can be very lucrative, but you have a ton of money moving around in inventory, advertisement, employees paychecks, business insurance, health care(hepatitis can be very common), and incoming checks.
Working for someone as a plumber, you work a ton of hours for meh pay. More than likely you’re working for a “small” place that pays low for 40 hours and under the table for the OT and provorov laughs if you ask about benefits or healthcare.
If you’re union or trying to be, I hope you know someone to get you in, can play the political game well, and enjoy being layed off.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Here's a good reminder it can always be worse. Broken outdoor underground pipe and can't even get a plumber to come out.

uHZhzdt.jpg
Yeesh, sorry man

When I was a kid our house flooded. Washing machine hose broke, was flailing around like a cartoon spraying water. The basement stairs was a waterfall. ~3 feet of water in the basement ane the air duct vents collapses so there were just holes blowing air causing waves. About a foot of water on the ground floor. Called the fire dept and we lived out of a local motel for about a month while the place dried out with all these industrial fans everywhere with all the carpet ripped up and stuff. Crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad