The Universe
giphy.gif

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Sure, why not?

I'm an Eagles fan first, Cowboys fan second. I always want the Eagles to do better than the Cowboys, but I also want the Cowboys to do better than every other team after that.

Those 90's Cowboys were the first NFL teams I ever watched as a kid so a bit of that is nostalgic; but the Eagles were always close to my heart then as well. My best friend at the time was a big Cowboys fan and introduced me to the game. Naturally, I wanted to be like him.

He is now a diehard Eagles fan.
giphy.gif

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Sure, why not?

I'm an Eagles fan first, Cowboys fan second. I always want the Eagles to do better than the Cowboys, but I also want the Cowboys to do better than every other team after that.

Those 90's Cowboys were the first NFL teams I ever watched as a kid so a bit of that is nostalgic; but the Eagles were always close to my heart then as well. My best friend at the time was a big Cowboys fan and introduced me to the game. Naturally, I wanted to be like him.

Yeah, no

q41t6T1.gif

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Sure, why not?

Alright, being the fun contrarian was always your thing, and it worked for a little while. But this is too damn much.

ybnvs

Mar 20, 2014
Alright, being the fun contrarian was always your thing, and it worked for a little while. But this is too damn much.

Don't insult my childhood like that bro :(

I can't help that I was brainwashed, okay?

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Sure, why not?

source.gif

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
So are the Cowboys really the Patriots of the NFC or is there are particular hate by Eagles fans? I know there would be no sane way to reconcile liking both the Patriots and any other AFC east team. Even when I wasn't following football as closely I still hated the damn Patriots. I didn't like them when Drew Bledsoe was still playing but that cheating scumbag Belichick really made it into a seething hatred.

Reactions: ybnvs

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
it just doesn't make any sense
being a cowboys and eagles fan is like being an evangelical christian & a satan worshiper on the side
cowboys fans would feel the same way...

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Sure, why not?

That is a violation. You cannot be fans of a direct rival.
Your love for the cowboys is worse than your love for tofu, and I don’t even like the eagles or football.

Reactions: ybnvs and Starat327

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
So are the Cowboys really the Patriots of the NFC or is there are particular hate by Eagles fans? I know there would be no sane way to reconcile liking both the Patriots and any other AFC east team. Even when I wasn't following football as closely I still hated the damn Patriots. I didn't like them when Drew Bledsoe was still playing but that cheating ******* Belichick really made it into a seething hatred.
It’s like having the flyers as your first team and the penguins as your second team.

ybnvs

Mar 20, 2014
it just doesn't make any sense
being a cowboys and eagles fan is like being an evangelical christian & a satan worshiper on the side
cowboys fans would feel the same way...

That is a violation. You cannot be fans of a direct rival.
Your love for the cowboys is worse than your love for tofu, and I don’t even like the eagles or football.

Guys, don't even bother trying to rationalize it, because I don't even go that far.

Reactions: Amorgus

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Cowboys and Eagles. Ok sure.
I am a Mets fan(yeah yeah they suck). Got that from my Dad who was a diehard Met fan before he passed away when I was 5. We lived in Brooklyn at the time. He loved the Brooklyn Dodgers before that.
So long story short, that would be like me liking the Mets and Braves.
Not happening.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
I have the Stars in the West for hockey and haven't cared enough about football to have an NFC team but I may as well guest ride on the Eagles train with you guys. It still seems weird to me that the same league has teams in two separate conferences shuffled around in the same states. I know why but it still feels like two different leagues to me as opposed to the NHL regional separations.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
In other news my late friend's brother just sent me a pic of my No-Face costume from almost twenty years ago! It looks like he must've been sitting when he took the pic which probably would've obscured my upper arms more. Or I was too drunk at that point to care. I think I spent no more than thirty bucks and most of it was on the sheet that still wasn't long enough.

received_592543547958274.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad