OT: 70th Obsequious Banter Thread: Hart asked the number to change to 79; we said no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
"Thunder Road" is absolutely perfect, and you should be ashamed of yourself. Also, "Every Breath You Take" if you plan to be clingy.

"You ain't a beauty but hey you're alright" is an automatic wedding dance disqualifier

Also when the sax kicks in it gets me so pumped I want to flip the bar over and eat all the liquor so don't play that around me

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
"You ain't a beauty but hey you're alright" is an automatic wedding dance disqualifier

Also when the sax kicks in it gets me so pumped I want to flip the bar over and eat all the liquor so don't play that around me

The acoustic version, damn it. And the rest of the song more than makes up for that. It's the ultimate "partner in crime" song, which is perfect, unless your bride is like some boring congresswoman.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Springsteen's songs to avoid: Yes.

giphy.gif

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
Just saw Joker, which really could've been called Taxi Driver 2: Clown Boogaloo. If you're going to rip someone off, at least rip off a legend! Regardless, it was intense and very well done. I'd love it if a second actor won an Oscar for playing the Joker.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
Why not just go all in with 2 live crew - the **** shop
My brother's youth hockey team would blast 2 Live Crew before every game. No surprise that their coach was an alcoholic racist who'd pass out on the bench frequently. It was hilarious hearing a bunch of kids singing "Hey we want some p*ssy!" echoing through the heat ducts out to the rink.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad