OT: 70th Obsequious Banter Thread: Hart asked the number to change to 79; we said no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
I’m trying to sell a bunch of paintball gear, on Craigslist. I keep getting emails asking if I still have it. And then nothing back in response. If feels like people are concerned that I am selling the stuff but have no interest in buying it.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Why did they make it?

Oh yeah...

giphy.gif

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
@Captain Dave Poulin watching The Others Guys and the wife says. "I like Michael Keaton".

How you like them apples?

It's OK. She doesn't have anyone up there in the house with a functioning brain to explain some things to her. I'll send her an updated copy of my book, "The Omnibus of Things Which Do and Do Not Suck"

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
Disclaimer - Not a huge Beatles fan, but as a musician with some degree of *formal* training (15 years of guitar playing; 3 years of formal Music Theory in high school where we studied the Beatles progressions in class, 1 in college, and 1 class in history of rock music) I feel there's a need to defend them a bit.

*I read your ensuing posts as well, where you addressed this as well. *

It's truly hard to overrate The Beatles. They were the first is so many categories. Their influence on music today cannot be understated. Not just pop music, either. It's okay to not like them, but you gotta give credit when credit is do. Music today would look extremely different if the Beatles did not exist.

The Beatles got great when they grew up, did drugs, and got psychedelic as ****. How many boy bands actually evolve into something worth a damn?
They were one of the tightest bands of all time even at the beginning. The weren't just a group of attractive young men who could kind of sing; they were truly talented musicians. They were able to produce perfect vocal harmonies during the live shows - the one's where the teenie boppers were screaming their lungs out. I guess what I'm saying is - they were always great musicians.

Reactions: Magua and Starat327

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
I freaking forgot to bring my anxiety medicine for my trip to Buffalo today, which makes my panic even edgier. Wish me luck!

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
Disclaimer - Not a huge Beatles fan, but as a musician with some degree of *formal* training (15 years of guitar playing; 3 years of formal Music Theory in high school where we studied the Beatles progressions in class, 1 in college, and 1 class in history of rock music) I feel there's a need to defend them a bit.

*I read your ensuing posts as well, where you addressed this as well. *

It's truly hard to overrate The Beatles. They were the first is so many categories. Their influence on music today cannot be understated. Not just pop music, either. It's okay to not like them, but you gotta give credit when credit is do. Music today would look extremely different if the Beatles did not exist.

They were one of the tightest bands of all time even at the beginning. The weren't just a group of attractive young men who could kind of sing; they were truly talented musicians. They were able to produce perfect vocal harmonies during the live shows - the one's where the teenie boppers were screaming their lungs out. I guess what I'm saying is - they were always great musicians.
That is something they'll always have over what we consider "boy bands": they wrote and played their own damn music.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
I freaking forgot to bring my anxiety medicine for my trip to Buffalo today, which makes my panic even edgier. Wish me luck!
If you use a chain pharmacy go to the local one and hope they can get you enough for your trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad