OT: 70th Obsequious Banter Thread: Hart asked the number to change to 79; we said no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Elton John: I Need You to Turn To
Bruce Springsteen: She's the One
The Beatles: In My Life (cliche)
Cigarettes After Sex: Nothing's Gonna Hurt You Baby
George Harrison: What is Life
Led Zep: Thank You (great one, didn't think about that at first)
The Beatles: Til There Was You

Thank You would be a great one. If the sun refused to shine, I'd still be loving you. And there's some theatrics to the music too, would be a great one to choreo I feel like

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

I like them. Half of you up there in the area could probably use "Jersey Girl" (poor bastards), but when it comes to Bruce it's the acoustic version of "Thunder Road." You guys really need my help badly, don't you. Maybe I could get into wedding planning. Or singing.

giphy.gif

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Not mine, but two of my best friends got married, hired Morris Day and the Time, and said play whatever you want. Best wedding ever.

I want to do a band so very badly. I have a pretty good connection with the guys in Secret Service, and they do a great job, so I may reach out. But doing a band is Infinitely more expensive than a DJ, and as you alluded to earlier, weddings definitely ain't cheap.

Plus, then you have to do stuff for their breaks, etc. Ugh.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Now THAT'S what I call music! Oh wee oh wee oh!

My fiancee is currently trying to talk me out of booking Otis Day and the Knights. It's the only way I feel like I can top it.

I want to do a band so very badly. I have a pretty good connection with the guys in Secret Service, and they do a great job, so I may reach out. But doing a band is I find Italy more expensive than a DJ, and as you alluded to earlier, weddings definitely ain't cheap.

We have a lot of musically-inclined friends that want to play, so we're doing a sort of concert the next night. It's a logistical nightmare.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I like them. Half of you up there in the area could probably use "Jersey Girl" (poor bastards), but when it comes to Bruce it's the acoustic version of "Thunder Road." You guys really need my help badly, don't you. Maybe I could get into wedding planning. Or singing.

giphy.gif

My oldest brother had "the love song" from this movie as his wedding song. Was pretty damn phenomenal.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
My fiancee is currently trying to talk me out of booking Otis Day and the Knights. It's the only way I feel like I can top it.

We have a lot of musically-inclined friends that want to play, so we're doing a sort of concert the next night. It's a logistical nightmare.

Cool, send them my way, they can play mine instead. Whoever's cheapest.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018

I've played a wedding before.

Not to undermine your crazy, but it's also pretty crazy for the band too. If that makes you feel any better. Or worse. Idk

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I want to do a band so very badly. I have a pretty good connection with the guys in Secret Service, and they do a great job, so I may reach out. But doing a band is Infinitely more expensive than a DJ, and as you alluded to earlier, weddings definitely ain't cheap.

Unless like Jojo you are surrounded by hipster musicians with bourbon attics, a DJ is an easy, smart choice. Especially when you consider the needs of the guests who aren't plastered out of their skulls, and the waitresses. I worked approximately 14 trillion weddings, and I can tell you that the wait staff appreciates not listening to some divorcee who thinks she's Cher.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Elton John: I Need You to Turn To
Bruce Springsteen: She's the One
The Beatles: In My Life (cliche)
George Harrison: What is Life
Led Zep: Thank You (great one, didn't think about that at first)
The Beatles: Til There Was You

Thank You would be a great one. If the sun refused to shine, I'd still be loving you. And there's some theatrics to the music too, would be a great one to choreo I feel like

Bruce Springsteen songs to avoid:

Downbound Train
I'm On Fire
Thunder Road

On the "Thank You" theme:

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Unless like Jojo you are surrounded by hipster musicians with bourbon attics, a DJ is an easy, smart choice. Especially when you consider the needs of the guests who aren't plastered out of their skulls, and the waitresses. I worked approximately 14 trillion weddings, and I can tell you that the wait staff appreciates not listening to some divorcee who thinks she's Cher.

Ok yes, all of this. :laugh:

I meant people that play/sing professionall or did formerly. Part of the reason we had to move it is because I can't expect my 102 year old Aunt Josie to sit through some punk bands playing a set 3 hours into an open bar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad