7 Round 2006 NHL Entry Mock Draft - Drafting Thread.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
insider said:
52 pick, Brian Strait

Joysey's up

Nice pick. I was either going to take Strait or Summers with my pick and had to make a tough choice there. Strait will be great on the backline, IMO, for the Flyers. He'll never be a top pairing guy or put up a ton of points, but his defensive awareness is undeniable.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Saprykin said:
Calgary select D Carl Sneep out of a high school (forgot which one, probably Brainerd) in USHSW.

So make it 4 American defensemen.

Great pick for Calgary, too. If he can improve his foot speed than he can be some incredible force.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Saprykin said:
ACtually, Lapoint, Summers, Strait, Weber, and Sneep make it FIVE American Ds in a row.

I prefer Sneep to all these kids, but that's just me.

Yeah, see, I prefer Summers to nearly every American defenseman in the draft outside of Johnson. We all have our lists ;)

Meat Wave

Apr 4, 2003
Canada
The Buffalo Sabres organization proudly selects, from the United States NTDP-18, forward Blake Geoffrion.

The Hurricanes are on the clock.

katodelder

Apr 22, 2004
Interesting mock.

Just wondering how did...

...Washington get Boston's 2nd round pick (35th overall)?
...Anaheim get NY Islanders 2nd round pick (37th overall)?
...Philadelphia get Phoenix's 2nd round pick (38th overall)?
...Vancouver get Anaheim's 3rd round pick (79th overall)?
...Los Angeles get Nashville's 3rd round pick (85th overall)?
...Chicago get Columbus' 4th round pick (96th overall)?
...Nashville get Atlanta's 4th round pick (102nd overall)?
...San Jose get Tampa Bay's 4th round pick (105th overall)?

Thanks, and happy drafting!

Last edited:

MattyW

Jul 28, 2005
Strong Island
With the 59th pick, the Chicago Blackhawks select...

Riley Holzapfel, C, Moose Jaw

Hawks go with 3 centers in the first 2 rounds but we were going BPA the whole time, the centers just happened to be there.

Staal we hope can be a franchise center; Maxwell we hope can develop into a solid 2nd/3rd line center; and I love Holzapfel's potential and can't wait to see what he does next season.

Detroit is now on the clock

DanStewart

Jun 5, 2003
Sarnia, Ontario
Good job keeping this mock going everyone. :handclap:

With the 60th overall pick and too add much needed grit to our system; :wings select LW Matt Belesky.

Pittsburgh is on the clock.

Nich

Dec 8, 2004
Wantagh
Jon Prescription said:
With the 51st pick in the 2006 NHL Entry Draft, the New York Rangers proudly select, of the US NTDP-18, Ypsilanti, MI defenseman Chris Summers.

You can never have too many defensive prospects, and with this past years playoffs, it is certain that the Rangers will need serious help on the backline. Summers is one of THE sturdiest defensemen in the draft and we were VERY happy to see him drop to us at the 51st pick, as we had him slated for the first round!

Summers is an extremely mobile d-man who is always looking for the crushing big hit. He's a very fast defenseman with solid size and room to grow still. Summers sees the ice better than most of the players in the draft with his excellent vision and is an extremely accurate passer. He is the complete package and has been overlooked so far due to the superior Erik Johnson overshadowing him.

[IMAGE]http://vmedia.rivals.com/IMAGES/PROSPECT/PHOTO/PROFILE%20CHRIS%20SUMMERS.JPG[/IMAGE]

The Philadelphia Flyers are now on the clock.

GREAT pick :clap: :clap: :clap:

Nich

Dec 8, 2004
Wantagh
oh i completely agree with you...especially about being the 2nd best american d prospect this year.

i would love to see the rangers grab a 4th or 5th round goalie too for depth. Do you think they will target a specific goalie this draft for the later rounds? and guess who?

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Nich said:
oh i completely agree with you...especially about being the 2nd best american d prospect this year.

i would love to see the rangers grab a 4th or 5th round goalie too for depth. Do you think they will target a specific goalie this draft for the later rounds? and guess who?

With later round goalies, who knows. There are a bunch of them goign to be available with decent upsides. It's a deep draft for goaltenders in the fact that there seem to be a bunch with at least back-up potential.

Haute Couture

Feb 27, 2002
Bay of Pigs
Visit site
CAn someone doublecheck? I think SJ has Philadelphia's 3rd rounder this year, conditionally the highest one they've got (they have two, one from Chicago, I believe).

I read it on the main draft-day order page with all the trades..

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00