7 Round 2006 NHL Entry Mock Draft - Drafting Thread.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
I don't think so.

8:53 to 8:53 is 24 hours.

8:53 minus 4:53 is 4 hours off of 24, which is 20.

Take out the 8 hours from midnight to 8, and you're at the 12 hour limit.

Giving him until 5:53 would be 13 hours, and let's be honest, do we really think he's gonna show up in the next hour anyway?

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
Cup4Wings said:
Actually, I think CC has done a good job in this draft. PB, who would you have rather seen CC take in the 27th and 31st spots?

Just differences of opinion, I guess...

In the mock draft that I'm running, I've gotten feedback from other regulars on the Blues' board before making the Blues' picks.

We took Trevor Lewis (C, Des Moines) at #27, and Tomas Kana (C, Vitkovice) at #31.

Both players were available in those positions in this mock draft.

Lewis is going to college next year (Minnesota, I believe), but he's had an excellent season in the USHL, and the Blues' top management (plus their chief scout and Midwestern scout) have been strongly rumored to have scouted him several times this year. There is some concern that Lewis' numbers are influenced by the presence of Kyle Okposo on his wing, but if Lewis needs a strong winger to excel, the Blues have a few of those in the system (Backes, Shishkanov, Stempniak, Soderberg) waiting for Lewis to connect with.

The only real advantage Foligno has over Lewis, in our minds, is that he's playing major junior and thus will be available for the AHL sooner (two years as opposed to possibly four). They are of comparable size (Lewis is actually a little bigger), and both players were significantly better than point-per-game performers in their respective leagues.

As for Kana, his performance in the Czech elite league has been significantly better than Joensuu's in the Finnish elite league, and the Czech league is (arguably) a superior league at the elite level. Joensuu is a little bigger (6-04, 207 vs. 6-00, 202 for Kana), but Kana has NHL size and is a right-shooting center, which the Blues value highly.

Again, it's really a difference of opinion, but we feel that the picks the Blues' team made in my mock draft are more representative of the types of players that the Blues will pursue in June, and perhaps even more representative of the actual players that the Blues will pick in those positions, based on knowledge gained from all of us being a little closer to the situation than Captain Conservative.

P_B

:bow: :blues

DanStewart

Jun 5, 2003
Sarnia, Ontario
Prussian_Blue said:
Just differences of opinion, I guess...

In the mock draft that I'm running, I've gotten feedback from other regulars on the Blues' board before making the Blues' picks.

We took Trevor Lewis (C, Des Moines) at #27, and Tomas Kana (C, Vitkovice) at #31.

Both players were available in those positions in this mock draft.

Lewis is going to college next year (Minnesota, I believe), but he's had an excellent season in the USHL, and the Blues' top management (plus their chief scout and Midwestern scout) have been strongly rumored to have scouted him several times this year. There is some concern that Lewis' numbers are influenced by the presence of Kyle Okposo on his wing, but if Lewis needs a strong winger to excel, the Blues have a few of those in the system (Backes, Shishkanov, Stempniak, Soderberg) waiting for Lewis to connect with.

The only real advantage Foligno has over Lewis, in our minds, is that he's playing major junior and thus will be available for the AHL sooner (two years as opposed to possibly four). They are of comparable size (Lewis is actually a little bigger), and both players were significantly better than point-per-game performers in their respective leagues.

As for Kana, his performance in the Czech elite league has been significantly better than Joensuu's in the Finnish elite league, and the Czech league is (arguably) a superior league at the elite level. Joensuu is a little bigger (6-04, 207 vs. 6-00, 202 for Kana), but Kana has NHL size and is a right-shooting center, which the Blues value highly.

Again, it's really a difference of opinion, but we feel that the picks the Blues' team made in my mock draft are more representative of the types of players that the Blues will pursue in June, and perhaps even more representative of the actual players that the Blues will pick in those positions, based on knowledge gained from all of us being a little closer to the situation than Captain Conservative.

P_B

:bow: :blues

Good analysis however I tend to friendly disagree on a couple points.

I think the Finnish elite league is a bit more demanding physically and defensively than the Czech elite league and is a better NHL development league where the Czech league is a more pure skill/offensive game (not very defensive orientated).

I also have the opinion that Kana is a more hit or miss prospect than the other three. Also I think He would be picked in the second or third round in the draft.

Foligno will play in the NHL, maybe as a thrid line winger or maybe as a second line winger, but he will get there. That is more than I can say for the other three at this point.

I do respect your thoughts though and welcome them anytime.

Roo

Oct 3, 2005
Oakville
Amphitryon said:
Excellent choice. I really hoped to get Alexandrov with my 2nd pick.

Thanks. I thought he would be gone, and was hoping to grab someone else actually. Gotta like a mid '88 thats doing well in the superleague.

Duff88

May 7, 2002
Montreal selects D Jamie McBain from the US National Development Program.

Boston
is on the clock

Rick Middleton

May 14, 2002
Ottawa, ON
The Boston Bruins are proud to select, from the Brandon Wheat Kings of the WHL,

Codey Burki, C

[IMAGE]http://www.wheatkings.com/printimage.aspx?picture_id=1071&w=200[/IMAGE]

Colorado (Amphitryon) is now on the clock

Roo

Oct 3, 2005
Oakville
Amphitryon said:
The Colorado Avalanche are pleased to select, from Calgary Hitmen of the WHL, Center Ryan White.

Washington is on the clock

Nice. I was gonna take him if Alexandrov was taken.

EHCler

May 9, 2003
Visit site
The Washington Capitals will with the 49th pick go Russian again and are proud to select 6-3 Center Artem Amisinov from YAROSLAVL.

The Caps believe that Artem with his vision and passing skills would be a nice fit for Semin, especially as he does not step away from his defensive duties.
The Caps hope that the 3 centeres taken in the first 2 rounds of the draft can within 2-3 years fill the whole the team has at the center position and provide the Caps with a good 1-2 center punch complementing the offensive talent the Caps posses on the wings with AO, Semin and Fehr.

San Jose is now on the clock

Last edited:

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
With the 51st pick in the 2006 NHL Entry Draft, the New York Rangers proudly select, of the US NTDP-18, Ypsilanti, MI defenseman Chris Summers.

You can never have too many defensive prospects, and with this past years playoffs, it is certain that the Rangers will need serious help on the backline. Summers is one of THE sturdiest defensemen in the draft and we were VERY happy to see him drop to us at the 51st pick, as we had him slated for the first round!

Summers is an extremely mobile d-man who is always looking for the crushing big hit. He's a very fast defenseman with solid size and room to grow still. Summers sees the ice better than most of the players in the draft with his excellent vision and is an extremely accurate passer. He is the complete package and has been overlooked so far due to the superior Erik Johnson overshadowing him.

[IMAGE]http://vmedia.rivals.com/IMAGES/PROSPECT/PHOTO/PROFILE%20CHRIS%20SUMMERS.JPG[/IMAGE]

The Philadelphia Flyers are now on the clock.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->