Prospect Info: 68th overall: Vancouver selects Tyler Madden (son of John, Northeastern University commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
I can admit I am wrong when I am wrong...however I'm not ready to concede just yet. Madden looks great so far, much better than Jake Wise...but he's a long way from putting on a Canucks jersey just yet.

Get what you are saying Canucker

But what made you think Wise was better than Madden in the first place?

I mean, Benning obviously thought Madden was a better choice at that point, but what was your reason for thinking otherwise...….not being a critic here, just asking....for your reasoning back then.

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017

I mean, Benning obviously thought Madden was a better choice at that point, but what was your reason for thinking otherwise...….not being a critic here, just asking....for your reasoning back then.
Looking at a consensus ranking and not actually watching the players

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland

Most likely draft year production, which is typically the best strategy.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
This celebration needs more attention. This kid is the type of crazy that will make him an instant favourite in Vancouver.

that is probably one of the best goal celebrations I have ever seen. If he did this in a game 7 OT in a playoff game, I would cheer harder than Canucks winning a Stanley Cup.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
The highlights I'm seeing, I never realized how good of a stick handler he is. Its starting to seem like we have a steal on our hands.

DanCloutiers5hole

May 15, 2012
Van City
Brackett is a borderline genius , everything he stated in the post draft interview about Tyler being undeveloped and having untapped potential is coming true quicker then I ever imagined. I was firmly in the draft Wise camp during the time of the pick and prob 90% of other here were as well. I’ve never been so happy to be so wrong . I know there’s still a lot of work to go but he’s really trending to be our version of Point. The type of hero pick that franchises need to become contenders . Amazing

Last edited:

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
If Madden and Gaudette both turn out to be studs at C then who are we moving for that coveted Dman?

Pettersson
Horvat
Gaudette
Madden

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Beanpot has such a rich history. Some, especially those in the north east usa area,consider it bigger than winning a national championship.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Don't want to put pressure on the kid, but is Madden on a Johnny Gaudreau trajectory? Making things happen almost every time he touches the puck against guys three or four years older.

It's too bad Brackett can't turn his attention to unearthing a decent d-man for us in the middle to later rounds of the draft. Maybe Rathbone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad