Prospect Info: 68th overall: Vancouver selects Tyler Madden (son of John, Northeastern University commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Soo pumped for Madden to play in a big game like the Beanpot championship!! Madden has a chance to earn Northeastern a back to back Beanpot title, a feat that NU hasnt fone since 1984-85. If course last year Gaudette lef NU w a hattrick in the finals!

Look at how special and how much it means to playets to win yhe Beanpot

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
M2B and I the only ones to have him as top 3 prospect behind Hughes and Demko

Feb 19, 2018
Guy is so elite and looks to want to push and work harder to get better.

Closest thing I’ve seen to Gaudreau and it’s so exciting to see as a fan!

We will be a team where defences back themselves up into scoring chances just because of how dangerous we will be off the rush.

Top 5 prospect easily and will be a second liner at the least! Will be a winger in the NHL and a damn good one at that!

Reactions: The ultimate fan

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
I can't wait to see EP, Boeser, Hughes and Madden on a PP you could add anyone with them. If we can add some Dman I'm starting to see the light soon.

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Juolevi is an excellent point man on the power play and his strength is his breakout passing.

Our zone entry will be automatic on the power play and the highest in the league even strength!
Juolevi might be great on the breakout pass but his ability to stay healthy and his defense scare me. I really hope he stays healthy next year and makes strides on defensive side. He's still young and should be given every chance to succeed.

Reactions: Bitz and Bites

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
I'm starting to believe that Madden can be a top 6 player in the NHL, his next season in college hockey will determine that, he is stating look like Gaudreau to me.

Reactions: Hawkyknowledge
Feb 19, 2018
I'm starting to believe that Madden can be a top 6 player in the NHL, his next season in college hockey will determine that, he is stating look like Gaudreau to me.

Should play wing in the NHL and can fill in a Centre in a pinch.

And that is due to our depth not because he can’t. Our top two lines will have a dynamic threat every shift with Pete on one line with Boeser and Madden with Bo!

Perfect match with left and right shots and the desire to always improve and that’s dangerous!

Gaudette and Virtanen on a third with that tenacity and we are a run and gun team with Speed/Skill.

Didn’t even mention Hughes and Juolevi with two of the best Goalie prospects in the world.

I was a Benning/scouting pessimist but hard to argue the direction regardless of right pick or not.

Feb 19, 2018
Juolevi might be great on the breakout pass but his ability to stay healthy and his defense scare me. I really hope he stays healthy next year and makes strides on defensive side. He's still young and should be given every chance to succeed.

He’s drafted for his Hockey IQ and was nearly impossible to forecheck on the dump in during his Junior career.

Those attributes translate to the type of team we are creating no matter how you slice it.

We will have two defensive pairings able to push the puck up the ice for over half the game. The new NHL will be on full display when you tune into the Vancouver Canucks on a nightly basis.

Ryan Miller*

Jan 13, 2017
He’s drafted for his Hockey IQ and was nearly impossible to forecheck on the dump in during his Junior career.

Those attributes translate to the type of team we are creating no matter how you slice it.

We will have two defensive pairings able to push the puck up the ice for over half the game. The new NHL will be on full display when you tune into the Vancouver Canucks on a nightly basis.
Yup, Benning is gonna revolutionize the league with this collection of upcoming high IQ, driven and talented bunch of young players. These guys are going to make each other better, which is scary to contemplate in the case of players like Pettersson. This team will be absolutely terrifying on the breakout and PP in a few years.

Not even most impressed with the obvious talent of Benning’s draft picks, but more so their character. These guys don’t have to fake their love of hockey and are each so driven to improve. Hope you all listened to Demko’s podcast interview with Kevin Woodley. Very inspiring stuff.

Feb 19, 2018
After today and the Matthews signing and Marner due for a huge contract I’d almost take our team knowing our goalies will make way less and Horvat costs less then Marleau.

Hughes will be like Reilly and our two big contracts will be Boeser and Pettersson at probably just a tad under 20 million for the foreseeable future.

Juolevi will pan out and his injuries will only help our cap numbers as long as we don’t sign a Tavares like player that only makes our team and players look better than they are.

My 2 cents

Reactions: GoodBetterBoest

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Brackett is a scouting God. Unearths Hoby Baker winner Gaudette in the fifth round; and now Madden in the third. Keep in mind, Madden is 5'11" and a slight 150. Imagine he'll eventually bulk up and play in the 170-180 range. And he's the rarest of breeds, a legitimate right-shot, offensive center.

I thought Madden might spend at least three years at Northeastern like Gaudette. But beginning to think there's a chance he comes out after his junior season. Just rocketing up the Canucks prospect depth chart. It's impressive.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
I would honestly have no problem chucking him in the AHL after this season.

I'm content with him playing one more year at Northeastern though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->