Prospect Info: 68th overall: Vancouver selects Tyler Madden (son of John, Northeastern University commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
This guy will surprise and be the biggest steal of the draft when it’s said and done.

I like these low body weight high talent selections the team has been going for as weight is one of the easier things to control with a player.

Great pick by the Canucks
Anyone with hockey knowledge agrees with this post :yo:

Reactions: Hawkyknowledge

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Tyler Madden is rocketing up the prospect depth chart for the Canucks. Was hot before the WJC, but seems to have returned to Northeastern with a boat-load of confidence. Those dangles are just filthy and show elite level-skill.

What he's doing as a true freshman in the NCAA is ridiculous. Way ahead of Gaudette at the same age. Maybe another year at Northeastern and then hopefully signs with the Canucks? He'd be a fun player to watch in Utica.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Back in the day, Tyler's old man John Madden was a 190 pound winger who willed himself into the NHL with a relentless work ethic and good straight line speed. A key penalty killer and shut-down forward for Jacques Lemaire's NJ Devils who won a couple of Cups.

If son Tyler can combine that driven work ethic with some of the high-end skill he's demonstrating, then look out! Just needs to get bigger. But even if he ends up playing at the 5'11" 175 pound range that could be enough.

You try to temper your enthusiasm for all Canuck picks. But hard not get pumped about this player. Sure the comparisons to Gaudreau are 'over the top'. But this could still be a 'home-run pick' for a third rounder.

M2Beezy

Sponsor
May 25, 2014
No pts so far in the FIRST period 0-0 Northeastern Vs opponent

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
Hot take: this kid is easily in our top 3 prospects and will make the NHL within two years.

With Gaudette and Demko currently on the Canucks, is it even much of a hot take? You have Quinn Hughes that is clearly above him, then you have a floundering Juolevi who is probably above him. Then it starts getting pretty dire. Dipeitro?

M2Beezy

Sponsor
May 25, 2014
With Gaudette and Demko currently on the Canucks, is it even much of a hot take? You have Quinn Hughes that is clearly above him, then you have a floundering Juolevi who is probably above him. Then it starts getting pretty dire. Dipeitro?
Hughes
Madden
Demko
Others

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Pronman: 2018-19 midseason NHL prospects ranking
wMkhcyg.png

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
Northeastern - Portal

Sorry I didn't post earlier, pretty big game going on between NU and UMass-Amherst. Two of the better HE teams.

Makar's the most noteworthy name in the game but Marc Del Gaizo is someone I'm mildly interesting in drafting with a late round pick. The fact that there's a "Gaudet" on the other team is tripping me out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad