Prospect Info: 68th overall: Vancouver selects Tyler Madden (son of John, Northeastern University commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
I would honestly have no problem chucking him in the AHL after this season.

I'm content with him playing one more year at Northeastern though.
I think he'd get batted around quite handily if you threw him in with the Comets right now. Two more years in college.

Last edited:

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
Stylistically reminds me of Brad Marchand. Excited to follow his journey to the NHL. Right now He looks like a player.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Other posters have brought up the Johnny Gaudreau comparisons.....wouldn't that be something. As they say for long-suffering Canuck fans, "hope floats".

Grantham

Mar 28, 2017
Other posters have brought up the Johnny Gaudreau comparisons.....wouldn't that be something. As they say for long-suffering Canuck fans, "hope floats".
I think he is a ways away from Johnny. Gaudreau was dominating the NCAA and I beleive was at or above 2 ppg during his last year. Of Madden can do that next year, then we will be really in business.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
I think he is a ways away from Johnny. Gaudreau was dominating the NCAA and I beleive was at or above 2 ppg during his last year. Of Madden can do that next year, then we will be really in business.

Johnny was 1PPG in his freshman year, then 1.5PPG in sophomore, then 2PPG in his junior year.

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
Gaudreau was nine months younger than Madden as a freshman, which makes a difference. Nonetheless, Madden is clearly a promising player and he should be ready to turn pro at the end of next year's college season.

Grantham

Mar 28, 2017
Johnny was 1PPG in his freshman year, then 1.5PPG in sophomore, then 2PPG in his junior year.
Fare point. Age difference was much narrower as Blue and Green pointed out.

That out the way, I’m very excited to have a non 1st rounder improving his stock like this. I’ll take this trajectory!

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
I don't know if nine months makes a large difference tbh, Madden only weighs 150lbs

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Gaudreau is a very optimistic comparable. Very.

I'm hoping for an Andrew Shaw or a JG Pageau type NHL career.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
yes it does

Based on what exactly? Every time someone says "x amount of months makes a huge difference", there is never a clear answer and it seems more of a subjective opinion. I understand years, but within the same year is like saying a person in the same grade is smart than me because he is 9 months older.

I understand if it's physical maturity, however, Madden is a twig even at nine months older.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Based on what exactly? Every time someone says "x amount of months makes a huge difference", there is never a clear answer and it seems more of a subjective opinion. I understand years, but within the same year is like saying a person in the same grade is smart than me because he is 9 months older.

I understand if it's physical maturity, however, Madden is a twig even at nine months older.

Based on what normal people can accomplish in 9 months. US Universities with top NCAA programs have great gyms and equipment. 9 months can make a difference when you're weight training and getting proper nutrition. It doesn't have to show up much in terms of weight but in terms of strength, but 9 months of training can make a big difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->