Prospect Info: 68th overall: Vancouver selects Tyler Madden (son of John, Northeastern University commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Ehhhh. He's 150lbs.

34 points in 50 USHL games isn't bad. Overall not thrilled considering Wise is still somehow on the board.

Edit: f***. This feels like a Brandon Saad moment.

cc

Feb 28, 2002
Really don't like this pick considering who was available. Wise, Nordgren, Lauko, Gruden. Madden is not someone I would have taken with an early 3rd.

Agreed. So many other players I'd rather have picked. Weak pick

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Good write-up from Canucks Army: CANUCKSARMY’S 2018 NHL DRAFT PROFILES: #92 Tyler Madden

Although worth noting, they had him ranked 92nd and we took him 68th. I feel like our scouts based in the USA/collegiate/junior system have earned some benefit of the doubt, but still a bit of a surprise to see him go this early. He's light as a feather at 155lbs, too. But I do like that they went for a quick skating, skilled center. Hopefully he fills out and develops the rest of his game at Northeastern U.

Reactions: Nucker101

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
Pretty obvious they’ve placed skating ability on high priority this year

Liked his dad as a devil but haven’t seen enough of his son to complain about this pick

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
Wise was the pick to be made here. Madden is tiny at 150lb but can obviously grow and put on weight. This draft has been only ok so far- I haven't hated any picks completely but man has he left guys on the board that I'd rather have taken with all 3 picks.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Wise was the pick to be made here. Madden is tiny at 150lb but can obviously grow and put on weight. This draft has been only ok so far- I haven't hated any picks completely but man has he left guys on the board that I'd rather have taken with all 3 picks.

Yeah I'd give this draft a C+/B-.

Hughes was a great pick, Woo was okay. This one is debatable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->