OT: 67th Obsequious Banter Thread: At Least We’re Not The Leafs, Right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WestrnPhlyr

Go away or I shall taunt you a second time.
Jul 17, 2015
NW Inland Empire
Observation, Hospital Food is terrible.
From a patient or visitor perspective? (I honestly dont know if the food is prepared differently/by different people)

One of our daughters had surgery not too long ago at a local hospital and we were actually amazed at how GOOD the food at the cafeteria was.

We were laughing (one of the few times we did during those few hours) because we were talking about how e would rather come back to the hospital cafeteria for a dinner than go to any of the chain restaurants in the area ( Chili's, Applebees, etc.)

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
I just want to see more than a day or 2 without rain. Seems every day/night we get some rain lately. We may actually get thru a weekend without rain. Which means it may be time to buy a lottery ticket
My last 4 roller hockey games have been rained out. Last 4 sundays

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
I hear you. We have been wanting to take our ball hockey game outside for weeks. This past Tuesday they had snow north of here. Been a cold, and wet spring so far.
Funny enough, the last 3 games getting rescheduled I'm kind of glad for- was in Italy during that time!

The weather here has just been putrid. Downright putrid. Love to see it turn soon

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Abington hospital has a nice cafeteria. People that work area go there to eat occasionally.

Superman33

Feb 27, 2002
Bucks County.
Graduated from college this morning

giphy.gif

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Saw John Wick 3 last night. It's good. It delivers what the audience expects, has more story than what's implied, character develoment, and changes in tone (but not narrative focus) that allows for good pacing and enjoyable audience experience.

Spoiler alert- I want to see John Wick 4, go to the theater and see this, support the franchise.

P.S. - The Gerard Butler movie preview was not enticing, that guy got type casted quickly.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Ok, so the last movie I mentioned was John Wick 3, that was actually good. Previous to that, I said the Heist was famazeballz, that was a lie.

Some actual truth, the 1976 movie, Network is actually magnificently excellent. A satire when it first was produced, it kinda screams to reality today (minus the on air assassination). Very very well acted, Ned Beatty was an almost cameo type appearance, but gave one of the best performances. Robert Duvall, I just wanted to punch him in the face, that guy is good. And the two protagonist, Peter Finch and William Holden, turn in fantastic turns. Faye Dunaway was a smoke show in this movie.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
From a patient or visitor perspective? (I honestly dont know if the food is prepared differently/by different people)

One of our daughters had surgery not too long ago at a local hospital and we were actually amazed at how GOOD the food at the cafeteria was.

We were laughing (one of the few times we did during those few hours) because we were talking about how e would rather come back to the hospital cafeteria for a dinner than go to any of the chain restaurants in the area ( Chili's, Applebees, etc.)

My son was in the hospital over the weekend, at his childens hospital here in Delaware the only food option available after 5 is Manhatten Bagel and every time we are in the hospital with him we joke about how terrible it is

The Cafeteria whenever they actually leave it open has bad baked food and microwave pizzas that mostly taste like cardboard.

Give me full fat greasy fries, none of this baked crap. Being in the hospital sucks, good food is the least they can do. Although I guess it goes against health principles to have greasy/salty food.

Reactions: WestrnPhlyr

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
That Guy is a real turd.

My analogy to Homer is wrong in terms of knowledge, but it is fitting when talking about being stubborn and confident in their own opinion (from what I have read and heard about Chernobyl) - even if the opinion is in direct opposition to reality... Huge asshole, considering how many people's lives he had at stake

Reactions: Danko

drcrusher

Jul 12, 2006

I used to work in a lab near the University of Iowa hospitals and my lab mates and I would often head over to the main cafeteria for lunch. It was very convenient to us (in bad weather we could take the tunnels to get there and never have to go outside) so that was the main driver for our patronage but honestly it was pretty good. They have different stations for different selections so you can get pretty much anything you want: salad bar, grill for burgers and such, a deli sandwich station, sushi, pizza, and every day an entree or two of "home-cooked" kind of stuff (Swedish meatballs was a favorite). There were a couple other places in the hospital complex to get food there too that were also decent. In more recent years, my dad had to spend a handful of month-long periods there for chemo, and when I visited I'd hit up the cafeteria again. I feel sorry for people who have to be at hospitals with bad food options. It's already not likely to be a good situation to even be there, and then sucks to compound it with bad food when going out isn't a good option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad