Post-Game Talk: #63: Sharks 2 at FLYERS 4, Tuesday, Feb. 25, 2020, 7:00 pm ET

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
The Hayes line was great last night. Hayes and TK look fantastic together and Laughton's doing his job, as well.
May just be a chemistry thing. Laughts, at face value, is maybe a third liner. But he could be the perfect third wheel on that line.

jvr will by default get easier minutes, which may be a benefit too.

Reactions: LorneMalvo

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
May just be a chemistry thing. Laughts, at face value, is maybe a third liner. But he could be the perfect third wheel on that line.

jvr will by default get easier minutes, which may be a benefit too.
Chemistry definitely seems to be a big part of Laughton's game. He can be a really good player with the right linemates.
He'll never be the guy on a line, but he's a good complementary player.

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
One of the most irritating common themes on this board is to equate innate talent with being a “good” or “worse” player.

Thankfully there are a few impartial, all seeing, ever wise ones to keep the rest of us heathens on track.

With the players in the organization today what would be your ideal line up and ice time distribution?

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
I think you've far exceeded your use of this meme for the month. Thanks.

6277CB61-E4FC-436A-A8B4-D97F4A106A38.jpeg

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
The win tonight & what happened around the league elsewhere we’re currently at 89.8% chance of making the playoffs according to MoneyPuck’s model.

NHL Playoff Odds -MoneyPuck 2020 Playoff & Cup Odds

Guess it wasn’t taking everything into account at that point as we’ve actually moved up a bit to 90.6% same as Pittsburgh.

NHL Playoff Odds -MoneyPuck 2020 Playoff & Cup Odds

Interestingly they have us with slightly higher odds than both Washington & Pittsburgh to win the cup currently.

Reactions: Striiker

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
Grant is a more complete player than Farabee atm, and has size.

I'd say he isn't hurting them in the playoffs.

Thompson is meh, but aleast he has more experience than Bunny

How is Grant more complete? Specifically what areas of his game is he better? Which areas are worse?

Also if experience is so important why arent we putting our young players in a position to get it?

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
Thankfully there are a few impartial, all seeing, ever wise ones to keep the rest of us heathens on track.

With the players in the organization today what would be your ideal line up and ice time distribution?

Us heathens desperately need posters who exhibit exquisite impartiality and high IQ’s. Otherwise, we won’t know what to think or say.

Reactions: kudymen

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
How is Grant more complete? Specifically what areas of his game is he better? Which areas are worse?

Also if experience is so important why arent we putting our young players in a position to get it?

He PKs and plays wing and center.

This was already explained by the coach

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Top 6 and top 4 all present and accounted for in the good quadrant, allowing fewer shots while taking more shots. Bottom 6 and bottom pair all present and accounted for in the bad (more shots allowed, less shots taken) or dull (few shots allowed, few shots taken). It's a perfect split. Not exactly the definition of depth.

Please note the position of JVR who continues to stay afloat. He has been a microstats baby all season.

gameShots-2020-02-25-2019020972-S.JatPHI.png

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Its all about knowing that if that play happens to Ghost, Braun would be blamed for dragging his partner down, and AV woud be blamed for paring them.

It's all about bias and narrative
It goes both ways.

If that play was made by Ghost, would you be defending him over multiple days and say he played it well? Not a fat chance.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Top 6 and top 4 all present and accounted for in the good quadrant, allowing fewer shots while taking more shots. Bottom 6 and bottom pair all present and accounted for in the bad (more shots allowed, less shots taken) or dull (few shots allowed, few shots taken). It's a perfect split. Not exactly the definition of depth.

Please note the position of JVR who continues to stay afloat. He has been a microstats baby all season.

This chart and the various stats are confirming what my eyes saw of Braun. Specifically that he was back in early-season form and he had to be bailed out a few times by Hagg. I mean hell he struggled to handle routine passes.

If you're on a defensive pairing with Hagg and he's the one covering for you then you've having a very bad time.

Person101

Jul 12, 2019

He's supposedly a good PKer and good on face-offs. It's why I thought/think he'll be our 4th center. I don't think they compare because you'd think their roles would be different.

Edit: Oops already answered.

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
Laughton on that 2nd line is kinda like Raffl when he was on the top line with Giroux and Voracek.

He may not be a legit top 6 player, but if he can just add the few things that he can do well (skating and his crazy shooting luck) then he can be a helpful player until someone better comes back.
This is probably the most apt comparison.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006

#chartguy

Reactions: SnS and Striiker

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
It goes both ways.

If that play was made by Ghost, would you be defending him over multiple days and say he played it well? Not a fat chance.

What are you talking about? Don't tell me you're in the "labelling" brainwash also when someone doesn't go w/ the hive?

Actually I like Ghost. Got his jersey. So ya, I would 1000% defend him in that situation, and blame the forward who got beat and Braun who chased.

Gonna buy a Myers jersey soon also. Called out his many poor plays early on too. Does that mean I'm a Myers hater?

Keep in mind the select few who I'm referencing in some of these posts also think Hagg didn't intentionally slap pass it to Hayes on TK's goal awhile back. So let's be honest...who's biased?

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad