Post-Game Talk: #63: Sharks 2 at FLYERS 4, Tuesday, Feb. 25, 2020, 7:00 pm ET

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Lol, you're a trip, man.

That goal happened quite literally right in front of me at the game. Hagg was lost out there and defaulted to shot block mode because he didnt know where to actually be, as always is the case with him. Sorry that you've picked up the contrarian mantle and feel the need to defend garbage players because....reasons? it's gotta be a heavy burden

What does being their live have to do with anything? Did you receive a coaching cerificate with your ticket also? Shot block attempt!? That didn't even happen. He wasn't even infront of the shooter ffs.

Hagg was coasting in covering his correct spot, from the threat from behind. Was he 100% aware or covering the player behind him? No.
But that wasn't his responsibility once Braun abandoned his position and man.

As you put it....your words....the closest player to the net. And that was the player infront of him, the guy driving the net.

If that puck hits Hart in the chest and squirts out, or he fails to eat up the rebound .... that's a goal if Hagg turns his back to the play to cover the other dude.

You'd think being there live you would recognize Braun made the poor play and Hagg was reacting to the guy driving the net

And I'm not defending Hogg. I really don't give 2 sh$$$ about him. I'm defending reality against a poster who claims evertone else is being contrarian...yet can't even call a play objectively

Last edited:

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Beating a bad SJ team isn't very hard, no.

Winning while pursuing poor processes is a bad way to make that winning into a sustained playoff success, where every roster and system inefficiency gets magnified. I want to try and win in the playoffs, even if it's our fate to only ever serve as a doormat for dynasties. Big picture and all.

Pfft. They only play 8 mind a game. It has no effect on roster efficiency.

The bigger problem is that Laude Giroux cant produce. We need to trade him away for whatever we can get. Our top 6 is and always has been, a problem.

Reactions: Striiker

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Beating a bad SJ team isn't very hard, no.

Winning while pursuing poor processes is a bad way to make that winning into a sustained playoff success, where every roster and system inefficiency gets magnified. I want to try and win in the playoffs, even if it's our fate to only ever serve as a doormat for dynasties. Big picture and all.

We're 4 points outta 1st in div, best season in 10....i wasn't talking about 1 game

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
We're 4 points outta 1st in div, best season in 10....i wasn't talking about 1 game

Cool. I'm talking about winning when it matters. Lots of teams do well in the regular season in one-off matchups and then get killed in a 7 game series by a better assembled and better managed roster. I seek to avoid being the latter.

Doing stuff like playing lesser players in place of better players is how you become the playoff failure.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
What does being their live have to do with anything? Did you receive a coaching cerificate with your ticket also? Shot block attempt!? That didn't even happen. He wasn't even infront of the shooter ffs.

Hagg was coasting in covering his correct spot, from the threat from behind. Was he 100% aware or covering the player behind him? No.
But that wasn't his responsibility once Braun abandoned his position and man.

As you put it....your words....the closest player to the net. And that was the player infront of him, the guy driving the net.

If that puck hits Hart in the chest and squirts out, or he fails to eat up the rebound .... that's a goal if Hagg turns his back to the play to cover the other dude.

You'd think being there live you would recognize Braun made the poor play and Hagg was reacting to the guy driving the net

And I'm not defending Hogg. I really don't give 2 sh$$$ about him. I'm defending reality against a poster who claims evertone else is being contrarian...yet can't even call a play objectively

Hey, i think i figured out why you are clearly incapable of evaluating the play - you must not have been watching the flyers game like you say you were. For future reference, the Flyers wear orange and black.

Capture.JPG

The blue arrow is Hagg on the Kellerman goal. I think we're all done here.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Cool. I'm talking about winning when it matters. Lots of teams do well in the regular season in one-off matchups and then get killed in a 7 game series by a better assembled and better managed roster. I seek to avoid being the latter.

Doing stuff like playing lesser players in place of better players is how you become the playoff failure.

Beef, is it smart/good coaching to play lesser players when better players are an option?

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016

Grant is a more complete player than Farabee atm, and has size.

I'd say he isn't hurting them in the playoffs.

Thompson is meh, but aleast he has more experience than Bunny

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Hey, i think i figured out why you are clearly incapable of evaluating the play - you must not have been watching the flyers game like you say you were. For future reference, the Flyers wear orange and black.

View attachment 327441

The blue arrow is Hagg on the Kellerman goal. I think we're all done here.

You see that guy in white INFRONT a of Kellerman and right INFRONT of the net???..that was his guy....once Braun abandoned him

If Braun stays w that guy and Kellerman still scores...then ya, Hoggs fault. But that didn't happen.

Hart kicked the puck BEHIND Hagg on what was a 2 on 1.

The ONLY thing Hogg is guilty of there is not making an exceptional play

What's even more himarious is you 10000000% said it was Haggs responsiblity to cover the closest guy, and now you're contradicting yourself, and with that pic

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Farabee has been outplaying Grant for hte last few weeks.

Defensively? On the PK?

Do you not listen to AV or Fletch?

They want more size and wanted more PK ability so they can relieve G of some duties.

Last i checked Farabee isn't doing that

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Hagg has his back turned the entire time until he tries to block the shot.

6a90e4e43005a43a0235ebbd91b0f78a.png

e17e96c3fa0d8f79340b5930f814a6c2.png

85d9655c1ec61b4378a9f4bbeacade2a.png

Hagg clearly has the visual on an inbound streaming player in picture 1. Proceeds to ignore him in picture 2, then makes an "I tried" attempt in picture 3.

Braun shouldve never left his man, Hart never should be leaving rebounds like that, but Hagg should 100% be treating that situation like a 2 on 1 where his job is to let the goalie cover the shot(player closest to square to keeper) and the defender takes away the pass.

I learned that all with my free coaching certificate to first 1000 fans that entered last night.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Defensively? On the PK?

Do you not listen to AV or Fletch?

They want more size and wanted more PK ability so they can relieve G of some duties.

Last i checked Farabee isn't doing that

Our PK really doesn't need help. It's ranked 9th.

G has been fine and has been getting better. They should be far more concerned about Provorov.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Our PK really doesn't need help. It's ranked 9th.

G has been fine and has been getting better. They should be far more concerned about Provorov.

How do you know G has been fine? How do know that G asking for apparent help didn't include that?

AV says the vets asked for help, and then follows that up in another statement with Grant will help relieve G, and you don't think the 2 are linked?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
How do you know G has been fine? How do know that G asking for apparent help didn't include that?

AV says the vets asked for help, and then follows that up in another statement with Grant will help relieve G, and you don't think the 2 are linked?

His results on ice have been improving. That isn't indicative of a player who is wearing down.

What is with this bizarre new narrative that player demands are the root of roster changes? :laugh:

Is that how y'all plan on shifting blame away from Fletcher? It's odd. If players are calling the shots like this, Fletcher should be fired.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
His results on ice have been improving. That isn't indicative of a player who is wearing down.

What is with this bizarre new narrative that player demands are the root of roster changes? :laugh:

Is that how y'all plan on shifting blame away from Fletcher? It's odd. If players are calling the shots like this, Fletcher should be fired.

You mean you dont tell your boss' boss how to do his job?

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Hagg clearly has the visual on an inbound streaming player in picture 1. Proceeds to ignore him in picture 2, then makes an "I tried" attempt in picture 3.

Braun shouldve never left his man, Hart never should be leaving rebounds like that, but Hagg should 100% be treating that situation like a 2 on 1 where his job is to let the goalie cover the shot(player closest to square to keeper) and the defender takes away the pass.

I learned that all with my free coaching certificate to first 1000 fans that entered last night.

Except you're not realizing the puck came from the outside. So the guy infront was the "2nd man" on a 2 on1.

Kellerman was actually the 3rd guy.

There is absolutley...positively no doubt whatsover that Kellerman was NOT Haggs responsibility once Braun left that other guy open

As already stated, only thing Hagg was guilty of is not making a great play and turning fast enough

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I don't think the additions have anything to do with the players, while Fletcher probably didn't want to trade anyone on the team (unless he was made an offer he couldn't refuse), you do what you have to do - though 31 thoughts noted there was a lot of interest in Laughton, but "Fletcher hung up the phone as quickly as he could").

I do think the additions were what AV wanted, and not something Fletcher dreamed up.

AV wanted more size and experience going into the stretch run and the playoffs - gee, I wonder why?
I mean so many teams have ridden undersized 20 year old rookies into the post-season. I'm sure I can think of a few, if not, Beef must have a list.

[the only team that comes to mind are the 2008-09 Blackhawks with Kane #1, and Toews #3 and 6'2 201, now if you want to contend that Farabee and Frost are equivalent players at that age . . . ]

AV isn't forced to play Grant and Thompson, a GM certainly doesn't get bent out of shape when 4th and 5th rd pick acquisitions are benched. He'll give them a look-see, like he did with a half dozen LHV players this season.

Then he'll decide who plays and who sits.

As far as "better players," the same people here are confused as usual about the difference between potential and production, offense and defense, roles and chemistry, and match-ups against different opponents.

AV is going to field the 12 forwards who give him the best chance of winning games - and those are the "best" players. Since he has the team on a 100+ point pace with below average goaltending, guess his choices haven't been too bad?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Except you're not realizing the puck came from the outside. So the guy infront was the "2nd man" on a 2 on1.

Kellerman was actually the 3rd guy.

There is absolutley...positively no doubt whatsover that Kellerman was NOT Haggs responsibility once Braun left that other guy open

As already stated, only thing Hagg was guilty of is not making a great play and turning fast enough

A better question is which forward failed to get back.
But it's easier to pick on a scapegoat than do any real analysis.

Reactions: bobbythebrain

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad