Post-Game Talk: #63: Sabres 2 at FLYERS 5, Tuesday, Feb. 26, 2019, 7:00 pm ET

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
Didn't watch the game.

When can we expect Morin to start getting 3 minutes a night in that cluster**** of a D scheme that Gordon pulled out of his cereal box?

Hartman came out guns blazing and tattooed a guy and Earned his Orange and Black. He played great.

The D played, well the way the D plays, slow and Amac and Hagg were on G line pretty much all night.

The biggest A-holes in the game were the refs

Mccabe of Buf, after Patrick gets a high stick near the sabers goalie Mccabe takes Patrick and Rams him head first into the boards. Right in front of the Ref who was calling for the high stick.

Everyone was calling for a 5 min major and game misconduct, the ref only called the 2 min high stick.

The ref should have been fired at that moment.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
I have this very strong feeling that this summer we are going to trade Ghost + for one of three guys:

Hamilton
Trouba
PK

... and that + is going to consist of us getting bent over super hard. It's just a feeling I have. Someone can bookmark this post for later and shove it in my face if they want.

Let me add a name you'll absolutely adore, Cap'n, given your love for the Blues.

Pietrangelo.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Just finished the game on DVR.

Solid W for sure.

It really is a shame Hak stuck around so long. We are easily one of the best 8 teams in the East again this year. Missing the playoffs because of Beet Boy is really frustrating.

Hartman had about as strong a debut as one could hope for. Tons of adrenaline for sure. We will see if he can keep that up though.

Voracek and Lindblom were total beasts tonight.

Myers HAS to be a fulltimer now, no?

Nice to see Giroux get an ENer. He has deserved a lot more of those in his career. Looked pissed on bench after though. Simmonds related? Something else? I wonder.

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
I have no clue why you guys are happy with that defensemen icetime allotment.

Ghost and Myers barely played more than Hagg
Fair enough.
.... and Gudas sure as **** shouldn't be 3rd.
LOL he's winning the Ashbee, and he deserves to. He's had the best overall year. 3rd in minutes for the D who's had the best overall year is a ridiculous thing to object to, let alone strenuously object saying "sure as shit".

Reactions: x DeCruze

eramosat

Dec 19, 2015
Toronto
Good thing we dressed MacDonald....

It's like they are keeping him in the lineup as a thank you.
I don't know...that lineup was really, really effective I thought. Even with Buffalo being the opponent, that was as solid top-to-bottom effort as we've seen for quite some time.

• I love Amac at 8 minutes, Hagg Ghost and Meyers dee getting just a bit more rest, and maybe some more coaching/teammate talk on the bench. Hagg and Meyers especially should benfit from having 3 dee teamates with them on the bench and discussing what they see on the ice.
  • PLus...switching Amac's 8 minutes for say Morin's 8+ minutes is a simple substitution as opposed to bringing 2 guys out of the lineup to get Morin in! It can work.
  • Lines? The juggling was great! Even if G does not have the best regular linemates, the opportunity to double-shift him, and others like Voracek, Couts, even Patrick, the very best players of the moment and spread their ability out to help other capable linemates is great.
  • Players may hate it, but the forwards are already used to the line juggling Gordon tries, and the dee, well, they'll have to get used to it, and make the extra rest work for them.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00