Post-Game Talk: #63: Sabres 2 at FLYERS 5, Tuesday, Feb. 26, 2019, 7:00 pm ET

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
The Couturier line was amazing tonight. Couts is such a beast. Possibly, Oskar Lindblom's best game ever. He's really, really coming on.

Also, an excellent game for the 6-9 pair heads up versus Eichel. Sanheim looked like a thoroughbred.

Unsurprisingly, Phil Myers looks like the real deal.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Fun game. Satisfying win. Hartman was a big upgrade 5 on 5. Looked like the guy I knew from the WJCs. And Myers...oh boy...he’s most exciting of all.

Top notch goaltending by Elliott, too. Can’t say enough about how much that means.

Raffl took heat, but I mostly thought he did his job. Made a nice defensive play to spring Giroux’s EN goal.

Cootsfanclub

For Oskar!
Mar 29, 2013
Big highlight of the game for me was the even strength play. Forward lines were rolling really well. Hartman is definitely a step up from Simmonds in this regard.
Didn't think Knight playe particularly well, but I didn't notice him outside one turnover.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
What a game. That hockey is fun to watch. My initutition is telling me that the 7dmen experiment is to see which player Myers plays best with. The same thing will be done with Morin if they want to integrate him into the lineup, however, I think he is used marginally throughout the rest of the year- mainly in games like WSH, PIT, CBJ... and stuff like that.

Loved Hartman’s game. This game looked like he was playing to prove something and I don’t expect it to happen all the time, but it was fun to watch!

Myers, Lindblom, Sanheim, Hartman, Provorov, all stood out to me. I love the Lindblom-Couts-Voracek line. So fun to watch. Hopefully they bring NAK up and situate him in the lineup somehow.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
I have this very strong feeling that this summer we are going to trade Ghost + for one of three guys:

Hamilton
Trouba
PK

... and that + is going to consist of us getting bent over super hard. It's just a feeling I have. Someone can bookmark this post for later and shove it in my face if they want.
Ghost + Hagg + MacDonald

You're right, I don't know how this team could carry on without that HEAVINESS and veteran leadership.

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
I have this very strong feeling that this summer we are going to trade Ghost + for one of three guys:

Hamilton
Trouba
PK

... and that + is going to consist of us getting bent over super hard. It's just a feeling I have. Someone can bookmark this post for later and shove it in my face if they want.
Frost?

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Elliott was great.

What did Hitchcock say about Esche in 2004? If it wasn't for the name, people would be raving about him. Elliott made some strong saves tonight and looked good positionally. The next three games are the real challenge however. Columbus has been nightmarish. NJ is always a concern. And the Islanders after that.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Myers does a great job of driving forwards to the boards and then finishing them off. What he also has a knack doing is winning those 50/50 battles when he makes that play. Those are plays top pairing defenseman make. He matures and grows into the NHL regime he will become something special. Keep giving him more ice as he gets more comfortable and hopefully he can help the team try to make a push.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad