Prospect Info: 5th Overall Pick 2020: Who Do The Sens Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I always said I get this Datsyukian feel from Rossi, but don't know where I picked it up from.

Maybe from Rossi himself. Rossi said his fav player is Datsyuk immediately when asked the question. He’s more cerebral than Datsyuk. Zetterberg is perfect comparable, imo. Not as purely naturally skilled but makes up for it with his insane motor and dedication to the game. Not that Dats lacked in that regard.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Idk, Rossi is a better skater than Giroux a touch heavier and about an in and a half shorter or so. I think he will be fine.

He has the low center of gravity that allows him to fight off bigger opposition, i don't think you have to worry about him getting outmuscled the way many other small forwards do.

I think Giroux is actually a pretty darn good comparison, at least style-wise.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I mean as a centerman playing 82 games in the NHL I have my doubts, he has been hurt two seasons in a row for the 67's. To not atleast ask the question about him wearing down would be pretty irresponsible and not doing your due dilligence.

I think you've got a bias against small players, that's what I think. Kid was good all the way to the very last game.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I think you've got a bias against small players, that's what I think. Kid was good all the way to the very last game.
Yeah thats why I like Drysdale.... Thats why I compared Rossi to Giroux.... I am just weighing every variable. He has been hurt two years in a row. I still would be happy if he was an Ottawa Senator.

Reactions: Icelevel

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Would you guys rather fight a guy who is 5'9 200lbs or 6'2 200lbs? I know who I'd rather go up against...not the brick shithouse

Reactions: Ed Wood

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
I really want Askarov , so we have no choice to pick him with the 5 th pick because another team gonna take him before the Isles pick. Also I lean to Quinn, I rewatch video and I don’t care if we take him at 5th. He play a little like Holtz and he s a hometown guys. The best draft would be Stutzle, Askarov, Quinn

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Who's your swing for the fences pick at 5?

I'm leaning towards Drysdale at 5....but it's still all up in the air for me. I have no opinion on Stuetzle or Raymond (never bothered looking at the Euros this year) so my options are a bit more limited than the rest of the regulars on here.

I really do like Rossi...I just have a hard time getting over that serious drop in production facing the stronger OHL teams. He'll only be facing bigger, stronger and better players in the NHL.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
If someone goes "off the board" in the top 12 and takes Askarov I'd gladly pay NYI 1st + Ottawa 2nd + next highest 2nd for one of Rossi/Holtz/Quinn, assuming Sanderson goes in the top 10.

Byfield/Stutzel + Raymond/Drysdale + Rossi/Holtz/Quinn. Oh my. Two of three would probably only make the roster in 2022, but still.

Reactions: NB613

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
If someone goes "off the board" in the top 12 and takes Askarov I'd gladly pay NYI 1st + Ottawa 2nd + next highest 2nd for one of Rossi/Holtz/Quinn, assuming Sanderson goes in the top 10.

Byfield/Stutzel + Raymond/Drysdale + Rossi/Holtz/Quinn. Oh my. Two of three would probably only make the roster in 2022, but still.

Can you imagine Sanderson slides to 10 and we trade up to get him? Byfield/Stutzle + Raymond + Sanderson. Lol, oh my. The perfect draft, imo. That's why I kinda want us to go full throttle after Serg so we can expend our assets on 3 top flight forwards and call it a day with the biggest grin.

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
Can you imagine Sanderson slides to 10 and we trade up to get him? Byfield/Stutzle + Raymond + Sanderson. Lol, oh my. The perfect draft, imo. That's why I kinda want us to go full throttle after Serg so we can expend our assets on 3 top flight forwards and call it a day with the biggest grin.

A lot of mocks have Sanderson at 10 and that’s before someone takes Askarov. If we have that pick and it’s in that range we’ll be pleasantly shocked with the type of player we get.

I think we’ll go all out for Serg, but I don’t know if it’s the right move, especially if we land Sanderson.

We won’t have much of an issue hitting the cap floor if we don’t do much outside of re-sign our RFA’s.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
A lot of mocks have Sanderson at 10 and that’s before someone takes Askarov. If we have that pick and it’s in that range we’ll be pleasantly shocked with the type of player we get.

I think we’ll go all out for Serg, but I don’t know if it’s the right move, especially if we land Sanderson.

We won’t have much of an issue hitting the cap floor if we don’t do much outside of re-sign our RFA’s.

If we find a way to land Sanderson there won’t be a need for Sergachev.

Sanderson-Brannstrom could be a dirty pairing. Behind Chabot-JBD. We’d have two top pairs.

Reactions: NB613 and Icelevel

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
If we find a way to land Sanderson there won’t be a need for Sergachev.

Sanderson-Brannstrom could be a dirty pairing. Behind Chabot-JBD. We’d have two top pairs.

Sanderson may play two years+ in the NCAA ... and need at least a rookie season to acclimate... he may not plays as a top 4 dman until 2023-24.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Were those injuries due to his height? Did they affect his play when he came back?

You're from Montreal right? And you're in an internet debate with @bert about a player that he sees live all the time as a frequent attendee at 67 games.

Don't you find that odd?

I mean there's a lot guys here that can go head to head with Bert on this because they too frequently attend games...but an out of towner?

In this corner, weighing in with over 25 you tube clips watched....sorry man, sometimes you just gotta bow to someone's personal experience and listen rather than speak....meh...maybe that's just me.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
If Sanderson was there at 10 nobody would be trading that pick. I think there is a very, very, very, very low probability of that happening, there’s a higher chance he’s taken top 5 then slides to 10.

Reactions: HzH, NB613 and Que

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
Of course being able to win with size, strength and wearing teams down is ideal. I don't think having Rossi on your team means you'd have to play a completely different style. Boston's a good example of a team with a mix of smaller and bigger guys. They can beat you with skill but also aren't easy to play against. Those smaller guys need to have that high level of compete and a willingness to go to those tougher areas which I think Rossi does.

In this hypothetical, did Ottawa pass on Stutzle/Byfield, or move Stutzle to the wing? Otherwise, if you go with that #3 pick as your top centre, Rossi could be your #2. Your first post made me think you like him offensively but it's his defensive game and playing against other top centres that scares you off. Would you be more okay with him in that #2 role? Especially with all the big players Ottawa has in their system already (Tkachuk, Pinto, Formenton, Batherson, Norris).

What I think will allow Rossi to succeed, despite being 5'9", is his strength, intelligence, mindset, and competitiveness. His skating improved a fair bit from year 1 to 2 in the OHL, so that's something I hope he can take even one step further, making him an even tougher player to play against.
Or you let them decide who will be 1A or 1B.

Reactions: SAK11

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
You're from Montreal right? And you're in an internet debate with @bert about a player that he sees live all the time as a frequent attendee at 67 games.

Don't you find that odd?

I mean there's a lot guys here that can go head to head with Bert on this because they too frequently attend games...but an out of towner?

In this corner, weighing in with over 25 you tube clips watched....sorry man, sometimes you just gotta bow to someone's personal experience and listen rather than speak....meh...maybe that's just me.

Evaluating 67 draft eligible players for Sens fans hasn’t gone well. You watch 40 games of the best player on the ice and it is easy to think they are a great prospect. This city screamed when the Sens passed on Zultek for Hossa. There is a history of Zultek, Ceci, Cuma, Locke, Bell type players that were probably over rated by the local fan base. I have no problem passing on the undersized, sluggish, older fan favourite at 5OA. It’s not the ceiling or risk I’m looking for.

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada

Don't you find that odd?

I wonder how many locals were drooling over Ceci.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad