Prospect Info: 5th Overall Pick 2020: Who Do The Sens Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I wonder how many locals were drooling over Ceci.
Not sure what you're trying to say here but I didnt like Ceci. I also didnt watch him nearly as much as i have watched this incarnation of the 67's. In my post history there are players that play for the 67's that I really like, some that I dont and some that I could go either way on. Im typically really critical, which is why I am getting so much push back on Rossi. Who I actually do like but am pointing out some of my concerns. That frankly if you did watch the team alot and dont have them you probably have some rose coloured glasses on.

Reactions: angrydad

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
Not sure what you're trying to say here but I didnt like Ceci. I also didnt watch him nearly as much as i have watched this incarnation of the 67's. In my post history there are players that play for the 67's that I really like, some that I dont and some that I could go either way on. Im typically really critical, which is why I am getting so much push back on Rossi. Who I actually do like but am pointing out some of my concerns. That frankly if you did watch the team alot and dont have them you probably have some rose coloured glasses on.
You didn't like Ceci but he may have been the BPA in that terrible draft.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
I still think Ceci was rushed and ultimately had his confidence shattered.

I've never seen a player second guess himself so much.

Reactions: bert

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
You didn't like Ceci but he may have been the BPA in that terrible draft.
I just found he didnt wow me as a play driver. He got lots of points but that had more to do with his teammates and being on an elite PP. Yeah it wasnt a bad pick in retrospect I just didnt love him as a player. Their forward group was so good that I think his point totals were inflated. (Monahan, Toffoli, Prince, Graovac etc)

Laphroaig

Aug 26, 2011
The Town Fun Forgot
I wonder how many locals were drooling over Ceci.
Guilty. I watched a lot of Ceci with the 67s and I was thrilled that he was still available with our pick. It was down to him or Teravainen for me but I was very happy on draft day. I don't think he was as bad as some here make him out to be but he definitely didn't fulfill the expectations I had for him.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Shruggs Peterson

Mar 1, 2017
We have too many D men and we are likely to draft in the top 10 next year.

Take two forwards, see how our D prospects are developing and then look at drafting another dman.

With knowing very little about the draft class next year, is there such a thing as too many D prospects? If anything I like the options it would give them.

They would still be able to evaluate JBD, Brannstrom, Thomson etc. and add another high end prospect in the system.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
With knowing very little about the draft class next year, is there such a thing as too many D prospects? If anything I like the options it would give them.

They would still be able to evaluate JBD, Brannstrom, Thomson etc. and add another high end prospect in the system.
Not so much “too many D prospects”, but next years draft has 4/5+ D that could be top 10 picks.

Owen Power was a machine this year, he’s going to push Clarke, Lambos, Hughes and whomever for the top D of the class.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Apparently Dorion has said they like their depth at D and G.
Where did you hear that? I agree about goalie, I hate the sens D situation overall personally. Yeah we have good prospects but the actual NHL players this team has is the second worst d core in hockey. None of the D prospects project to be top pairing D men either.

I really just hope they go BPA this team has holes everywhere for the most part.

Reactions: HzH

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
Drysdale would be our best D prospect by far.

Not really, There is no guarantee that he will be better than Brannstrom, B-Docker or even Wolanin,

Al though, he is a great prospect, he also a bit over-valued due to the fact that he is the only Defensman ranked top 10 in a deep draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad