Prospect Info: 5th Overall Pick 2020: Who Do The Sens Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
A lot of people sleeping on Rossi. The guy is a stud. On TSN1200 today they were even saying to take him at 3rd over Stutzle. Smart hockey player that has produced at every level he has played.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
An interesting fact. There hasn’t been a top 6 center at 5’9 or under for 40 years (Rossi). The last one was Marcel Dionne.
Was Briere not a top 6 C when he scored 95 pts for the Sabres?
Brayden Point is listed at 5'10 165 .. I'm sure that 1 more inch and 15 less lbs make a world of difference
and on that 1 inch... it could be less than that.

Last edited:
Reactions: derriko

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
A lot of people sleeping on Rossi. The guy is a stud. On TSN1200 today they were even saying to take him at 3rd over Stutzle. Smart hockey player that has produced at every level he has played.

The only guy that was saying that was Scott Wheeler, and that dude has been proven wrong so many times I lost count. I still remember his Senators 2017 ‘boring team’ bullshit. That dude is the last guy you should listen to in terms of prospects. Grant Mckegg is somehow better.

Reactions: DJB

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I think Rossi is going to be a very good player with a chance to be a perennial top 15 centre in the league BUT please stop saying he is 5’9, he might not even measure 5’8 if there had been a combine. For perspective if Alfie and Hossa were anywhere near their listed heights then I’m 6’4.

Alfie is 5’10 if he is wearing 3 pairs of socks and Hossa was nowhere near 6 feet.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
Brayden Point is listed at 5'10 165 .. I'm sure that 1 more inch and 15 less lbs make a world of difference
Hockeydb has Briere listed at 5’10 as well :naughty:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Hockeydb has Briere listed at 5’10 as well :naughty:
EliteProspects has him at 5'9.. I would have guessed 5'8.. but You don't have to be tall to be good.
I trust EliteProspects more than Hockeydb as a source... but really there is no source where we can get all the actual measurements that I know of.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
EliteProspects has him at 5'9.. I would have guessed 5'8.. but You don't have to be tall to be good.
I trust EliteProspects more than Hockeydb as a source... but really there is no source where we can get all the actual measurements that I know of.
Haha ya. judging a guy based on height is kinda dumb.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com

True but it doesnt make the data point that Joey brought up any less valid.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015

Rossi’s skating was no where as dynamic as Briere’s.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
No way the Sens take Rossi over one of Byfield or Stutzle.

If they want him so bad, they should just take their chances and hope he is their when the Sens pick 5th.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
You're wrong as is. Who the heck wants to pass over Stutzle or Byfield to draft Raymond?
I cant be wrong as is. Anything can happen. I would not be suprised if Raymond ends up better for his team than Strössel.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
If we come out of #3 without a top C prospect (or Lafreniere), we failed. Opportunities to get superstar centers are just too hard to come by to pass up on Byfield or Stutzle and history shows they are the essential components for success in today’s NHL.
Yeah i dont know your teams needs. When you need a C you should always pick the best C. Still not shure Stutzel will be a better player then Raymond. But im not shure on Raymond either.

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
If we traded for Ehlers, then added Stutzle and Rossi at the draft in two years we could have an entire German speaking line. Neat.

Pick # 5 is going to be fun. Like how could you be disappointed? There’s even a chance we could end up with another 1st if we trade down (New Jersey could want to move up from 10 to 5 to grab both Raymond and Holtz - purely my fan fiction).

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Yea I would not do that.

Raymond has a lot to prove compared to Stutzle still. Had a hard time adjusting to the SHL and was playing 10 mins a night. Stutzle handles physicality much better and is more engaged.
Switch leagues and icetime and the story would be a bit different. Yeah Raymond need some more weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad