OT: 58th Obsequious Banter Thread - Something Something Leier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
Mine doesn't. It works great on my iPad. Slow on my PC. Any idea why?

My first suggestion to you would be to clear out your cookies, browser history, and etc. If that doesn't work perhaps try a different internet browser? If that still doesn't work I'd suggest a virus scan and go from there.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
Jalopnik and such has been going down the tube lately. I'm not sure why every idiot writer feels the need to push their political views. I don't give a crap about what Trump, Obama and etc did or does necessarily when it comes to cars or surfing unless it can directly effect it.

Reactions: HokieDude17

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
My first suggestion to you would be to clear out your cookies, browser history, and etc. If that doesn't work perhaps try a different internet browser? If that still doesn't work I'd suggest a virus scan and go from there.
Have/tried all of those things. No idea what is going on. Thought it might have been the ad blocker, but it doesn’t seem to matter.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
Have/tried all of those things. No idea what is going on. Thought it might have been the ad blocker, but it doesn’t seem to matter.

Without knowing all that much about the current state of your pc, what else do you use it for? How old is your PC? Perhaps this is an OS issue or a hardware issue. You could try restoring from an old restore point or if you don't care about what is on it, reformat your PC. There are a few programs you can try to test your memory sticks as well.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Without knowing all that much about the current state of your pc, what else do you use it for? How old is your PC? Perhaps this is an OS issue or a hardware issue. You could try restoring from an old restore point or if you don't care about what is on it, reformat your PC. There are a few programs you can try to test your memory sticks as well.
Yeah I’ll play around with it. Thanks.

Reactions: Lindberg

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Not a good week.

Monday: Fiance'e sister got deployed to Puerto Rico a month before our wedding.

Friday: Sister in law's sister lost her baby a week before her baby shower.

Today: Tailgating at Eagles game and my younger brother randomly passes out and hits his head on the concrete. Still trying to figure out why.

I know it's two "different" weeks but damn this week needs to end.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Not a good week.

Today: Tailgating at Eagles game and my younger brother randomly passes out and hits his head on the concrete. Still trying to figure out why.

Man. That all sucks. Sorry dude. Hoping your bro is okay and things turn around.

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
Not a good week.

Sorry to hear about your rough times. Hoping they come in 3 and it's all out of the way now.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
How about those fast moving wildfires out in northern California. Unreal. 1500 structures destroyed and over 30000 acres burned

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
What are some of your favorite artistic romance films?

I'm doing research for a heartbreaking short film/music video that i'm doing for my next song. Want some references.

When i shot my most recent one, i did like 1000 hours of horror films and documentaries.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
What are some of your favorite artistic romance films?

I'm doing research for a heartbreaking short film/music video that i'm doing for my next song. Want some references.

When i shot my most recent one, i did like 1000 hours of horror films and documentaries.

Here a few that come to mind, but it depends your interpretation of "artistic."

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
8 1/2
The Artist
Annie Hall
Amelie
La La Land
Before Sunset
Before Sunrise
After Midnight
500 Days of Summer
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
On top of Rebel's list, I tried for a list of romance movies (or romance elements) with artistic "style," be it more overt or classical. Lot of different time period stuff. Emptying my brain here :laugh:

Three Colors: Red
Lost in Translation
Roman Holiday
The Graduate
Casablanca
The Princess Bride (ofc)
The Apartment
Manhattan
Harold and Maude
Notorious
The Quiet Man
West Side Story
Punch Drunk Love
City Lights
The Scent of Green Papaya
In The Mood for Love
Moonrise Kingdom
Brooklyn
Some Like it Hot

Ton of animated movies to consider as well.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
On top of Rebel's list, I tried for a list of romance movies (or romance elements) with artistic "style," be it more overt or classical. Lot of different time period stuff. Emptying my brain here :laugh:

Three Colors: Red
Lost in Translation
Roman Holiday
The Graduate
Casablanca
The Princess Bride (ofc)
The Apartment
Manhattan
Harold and Maude
Notorious
The Quiet Man
West Side Story
Punch Drunk Love
City Lights
The Scent of Green Papaya
In The Mood for Love
Moonrise Kingdom
Brooklyn
Some Like it Hot

Ton of animated movies to consider as well.

Good list. Especially like the Lost In Translation addition. Something about that film speaks to me.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Last of the Mohicans has a strong romance theme, but it's not surprising Magua left that out because he really wasn't feeling the love in that flick.

Ah, you misremember.

In the Huron village at the end of the movie, the chief declared: "Munro daughter with moon in her hair must be Magua's wife so Munro's seed doesn't die."

Magua wanted to love her, take her dancing, go on long walks together, and raise a family of little Maguas.

tumblr_mv6kqfSI5R1s3mh3to5_500.gif

But Munro's daughter was very unfair to him!

tumblr_mv6kqfSI5R1s3mh3to2_500.gif

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
I'll second Punch Drunk Love. I thought Sandler was great in that.

Surprised no one said Garden State yet. I like Zach Braff from watching Scrubs, but he's definitely someone you either love or hate. Pretty terrific soundtrack in that movie too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad