OT: 58th Obsequious Banter Thread - Something Something Leier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Mayweather took the first four rounds off. Basically gifted those to Conor.

Giving him those rounds is suspect. I hate boxing judges.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It was what it needed to be. It certainly wasn't the freak show it had the potential to be. If Conor wants to box again he can.

It was a mess with some cable companies though.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I had McGregor winning rounds 1, 2, 3, and 8.

He threw over 35 punches in each of the first three rounds. I kind of figured he would come out swinging early & pay for it as the fight went on.

Ultimately the biggest question mark heading the fight became a reality. In that can McGregor handle the rigors of a boxing match. It's just tough for a guy who isn't used that to adjust.

All in all though it sounded like he could claim a moral victory in this one all things considered which was best you could realistically ask for.

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
I liked his post-fight interview too. For one of the biggest **** talkers ever, he's pretty humble. All the dude wanted was get knocked down! and they ended the fight before that haha. I can appreciate that.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
The dude was getting punched like a speed bag....they had to call a TKO. He withstood the punches though so that seems more manly than getting floored to me.

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
i've been away for a while and not sure if this was talked about but I remember one of the mods just moved to Houston, hope he is alright, this is insane rainfall

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
What happened to the storm? My wife told me it was knocked down to a category 1 almost immediately after hitting landfall. Did it gain strength again or something?

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
i've been away for a while and not sure if this was talked about but I remember one of the mods just moved to Houston, hope he is alright, this is insane rainfall

I'm fine. Would post pics of the surrounding area I walked though today but Ill save that for another day. But the roads now aren't really accessible so I'm probably stuck here til at least Friday. Should have bought a kayak.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
What happened to the storm? My wife told me it was knocked down to a category 1 almost immediately after hitting landfall. Did it gain strength again or something?

The major news outlets tracked it gaining strength as it approached land. Crazy the amount of rain that has already fallen and there's plenty more to come.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Something like 2 Great Salt Lakes amount of water was dumped.

They said this will take years to recover from just like Katrina. Also, the amount of rain dumped is something on order of magnitude of an 800 year storm. Crazy crap....

Meanwhile, the Prez goes and use the storm as a cover for political actions....dude has no shame :shakehead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad