#58 KINGS v. BLACKHAWKS - 2/3/14, lose 5-3 ... but show heart, so there's that.

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
I am going to jump on board as well. Let's face it, the whole team has sucked during this skid.

Kind of tired of dumping on players and coaches over and over .

The whole team needs to step up ....

And as long as they continue to play with some passion like they did for better part of the game tonight, I'm fine with it. As long as the effort is there, the wins will come. Those goal posts we're hitting now, will become our friends later in the season.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
There's nothing positive to take away from a loss. What is this, a moral victory? We're supposed to be a contender right there with the Hawks and all we're relying on a rookie winger playing his off wing with our two best forwards to generate not most, but ALL of our offense.

Dean Lombardi and Darryl Sutter have failed this team. Thanks for 2012, but this is right now.

This roster is not beating the Hawks just get over it.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Mayor wants to trade JDubs, I dunno how I feel about that idea.

Unfortunalty due to his age, he would be the best player in any trade.

No GM is going to give a prime top six assets for a 30+ year old J-Dub

If JDub was 27 to 29 then that would be worth exploring .

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
I'll say it-This season is looking like a wash!

I'm usually positive about the Kings and I think they have a good team but this slump feels different.
I think LA is tired and spent. Too many players having down years. Not enough cap room to pull a "Carter" like trade.

Some good young teams not that far back in the standings.

I just feel like this is a non playoff year. Take the pick and trim some fat off the team. Get ready and recharge over the summer.

I'll keep watching and hoping but this season is looking more and more gloomy. So much so that many of us are pinning our hopes on the Olympic break. Just not a good sign.

Been a fan for a long time. Not giving up completely but it doesn't look good to me.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Lombardi will move players before he fires Sutter. This core won't get two passes in a row

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Bleh, we finally score 3 goals and give up 5. At least Toffoli was given a chance to use his skill. We go from having one of the winningest seasons in Kings history to beginning to flirt with one of the worst losing streaks. At least it was a step up, onto the next game... Go Kings!

Riposte!

Jan 25, 2006
Seattle
I'm usually positive about the Kings and I think they have a good team but this slump feels different.
I think LA is tired and spent. Too many players having down years. Not enough cap room to pull a "Carter" like trade.

Some good young teams not that far back in the standings.

I just feel like this is a non playoff year. Take the pick and trim some fat off the team. Get ready and recharge over the summer.

I'll keep watching and hoping but this season is looking more and more gloomy. So much so that many of us are pinning our hopes on the Olympic break. Just not a good sign.

Been a fan for a long time. Not giving up completely but it doesn't look good to me.

Well they HAVE played more hockey than anyone the past two seasons.

Lead Role in a Cage

Mar 27, 2008

Just part of the Dean Lombardi captain training and just the type of brown baloney one should expect. He's been spoon fed with cliches that a "captain" is supposed to say. Brown should thank his lucky stars that anyone has given him the chances he's received. A captain to take care of matters he is not.

Stop with the non-sense on the ice before trying to talk sense off the ice.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Torts just throws his entire team under the bus tonight. Basically told Gillis through the media "Change this team"

The Sedins have fallen off the planet.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Also hate how Crawford always goes off vs. us. He sucks vs. just about anyone else. Couple that with Quick's hawk kryptonite and we just get the goalie battle flipped on it's face.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Torts just throws his entire team under the bus tonight. Basically told Gillis through the media "Change this team"

The Sedins have fallen off the planet.

What did he say?

And the only reason we're even in a playoff spot is because they're playing like ****.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Well the only reason we're still hanging onto 3rd is because the Canucks have been as bad as we have.

We'd have a 15 point cushion on them if we'd played anywhere close to .500 hockey and probably be within a few points of second place too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad