#58 KINGS v. BLACKHAWKS - 2/3/14, lose 5-3 ... but show heart, so there's that.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Put the 'C' on Doughty. He shows that he cares and he almost turned the tide in the Kings' favor. Dustin Brown of 2012 was a once in a lifetime performance. Happened to John Druce and Chris Kontos too. The light shined on him that year. Reality is that he's a plug, a grinder. He's an overpaid version of Trent Klatt.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
A better effort, but lack of discipline put them in a hole too early. Can't spend a whole game chasing the lead.

STHs will sell their tickets for high profile games if they're not going to them.

Then why don't STHs in Chicago sell their tickets for these so-called high-profile games? Well, at least their home games don't sound invaded by away fans.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
From GDT
So are Kings tickets... We sell out games. Why do the Kings fans that usually occupy the seats disappear when big teams visit Staples? It's what pisses me off about the LA sports fan base.

There is no comparison.

I was going to have to pay $125 for standing room tickets to see the Kings in Chicago in December. For $125 I could get 3rd row from the ice, center ice for the Kings next game. Those same tickets would be $400 a ticket at United Center, hockey is insanely hot in Chicago right now. Like Lakers basketball used to be in LA. Ask whiskeypete, he can back me up on this one.

Mike Richards' regression has been mind boggling. This guy started off the season so well, but he's looked like a shell of himself. I pray to God that this Olympic break will give him some time to work on his game.

I know Herby wants him dealt/thinks that's the best thing for this organization. I'm starting to agree with this but I just don't think you can do it right now. I'm sure he's a leader in the locker room but I wouldn't be opposed to this during the summer.

He is total crap, his defensive game sucks and gets worse and worse each game and he now has gone what, 35 games without a goal (That's almost a half season folks). Just tonight he had another awful giveaway leading to a breakaway and completely screened Quick on the 4th goal (watch his reaction after).

Now the excuse is "he has to be injured" which has replaced the "viral infection" one from last month. What reason is there to be optimistic about this guy in 2014 and beyond? Some on this site want to cling to the player from Philly and want to post that video from "The Shift" but as you said, does the player wearing #10 for the Kings look anything like that player?

Mike Richards is slow, not physical, terrible defensively and has completely lost his scoring touch. I mean just watch the guy skate the puck up the ice, it's hideous.

I'm telling you, this is going to get uglier and uglier. This will be another Ryan Smyth/Scott Gomez situation if Dean doesn't do something this summer.

DocWest

Rock Bottom
Oct 21, 2010
Los Angeles
Then why don't STHs in Chicago sell their tickets for these so-called high-profile games? Well, at least their home games don't sound invaded by away fans.
We were invaded by Philly too. It's awful to be at those types of games in person. The visiting fans get so nasty when they have the numbers.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Don't know why everyone is so down , that is the best team Chicago has ever iced I think in history . Couple bounces and that game is a win.

AKAY47

Bring back Dean Lombardi!!!
Feb 27, 2009
Ottawa
Put the 'C' on Doughty. He shows that he cares and he almost turned the tide in the Kings' favor. Dustin Brown of 2012 was a once in a lifetime performance. Happened to John Druce and Chris Kontos too. The light shined on him that year. Reality is that he's a plug, a grinder. He's an overpaid version of Trent Klatt.

Ouf. Bold.

BehindEnemyLines

I miss 2012 & 2014
Nov 26, 2007
ID
The more we lose the easier it becomes to handle. We've been spoiled these past two seasons that it sucks coming back down to earth.

Either way a lot better effort tonight. A win on Thursday will make the Olympics a little better to enjoy.

AKAY47

Feb 27, 2009
Ottawa
Don't know why everyone is so down , that is the best team Chicago has ever iced I think in history . Couple bounces and that game is a win.

I agree. I think if we play like this vs 90% of the league, we win. Chicago has had our number for years. But I also think that this losing streak has gotten to most of us, I'm usually the pessimist in these situations but if you guys honestly think the Kings aren't a "good team", then you're losing it. This is still one of the best teams in the NHL, slumping a little bit (ok a lot) but they will turn things around. Like I said, this Olympic break couldn't have come at a better time. Thursday is a big game. There were a lot of positives out of this game, hopefully the boys come out flying Thursday and get a big 2 points before the break.

GKG :yo::yo::yo:

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI

Not as many people want to travel to Chicago in February as people would want to go to Southern California.

2 excellent tickets for each of Kings-Hawks and Ducks-Hawks (4 total) in Chicago is going to run you $1400-$1600. LA/Anaheim is going to be what, half of that. Why not take the trip out West, enjoy some nice weather and see your team play.

LAKings88

Fire BLuc
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
F the moral victory.

Can't remember what a win feels like.

PP still sucks and the kings take too many penalties.

Why does Chicago make Quick look like Cloutier?

Richards Brown and Williams need to be separated.

Kings will not beat Chicago in a seven game series in the next two or three years.

AKAY47

Feb 27, 2009
Ottawa
I disagree. I think Lombardi will want the new player(s) already in socal, ready to go.

Lombardi won't make a deal just to make one. We've seen the way he deals. In Dean we trust, he's going to make a trade soon. Whether it's before the Olympic break or the trade deadline, he's got something up his sleeve.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Can they get a healthy in his prime version of Ziggy on this roster? I swear, the closest player to match that level of skill is Kane. Highly skilled wingers like them are rare gems. Kane killed the Kings in the playoffs and does it again tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad