#58 KINGS v. BLACKHAWKS - 2/3/14, lose 5-3 ... but show heart, so there's that.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Chicago had lost 5 out of 6 coming into this game, including losses to Calgary, Minnesota, Winnipeg and Detroit.

They weren't playing well, and they aren't even as good as last years team.

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
Did anyone see The Royal Half's tweet about a fan in a Red Wings jersey fought both Kings and Blackhawk fans?

At least one good thing came out of the loss :laugh:

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Chicago had lost 5 out of 6 coming into this game, including losses to Calgary, Minnesota, Winnipeg and Detroit.

They weren't playing well, and they aren't even as good as last years team.

The defense might not be as good , and Crawford is a little leaky ..

But this Hawks team scores at will. You have to play a perfect game on defense to keep this Hawks team off the board.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
F the moral victory.

Can't remember what a win feels like.

PP still sucks and the kings take too many penalties.

Why does Chicago make Quick look like Cloutier?

Richards Brown and Williams need to be separated.

Kings will not beat Chicago in a seven game series in the next two or three years.

It's our defense that does that. Quick can only do so much, especially when the Kings allow so many out numbered attacks. Voynov loses his mind every time he faces the hawks.

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
Seriously, this was our best game in weeks. If that doesn't spark something, nothing will.

And Vancouver and San Jose both lost again, so all is not lost.

Chain

Feb 2, 2014
There is no comparison.

I was going to have to pay $125 for standing room tickets to see the Kings in Chicago in December. For $125 I could get 3rd row from the ice, center ice for the Kings next game. Those same tickets would be $400 a ticket at United Center, hockey is insanely hot in Chicago right now. Like Lakers basketball used to be in LA. Ask whiskeypete, he can back me up on this one.

Not to mention that, for many people, Chicago probably isn't as attractive a place to visit in winter as LA is.

I agree about trading Richards. I don't see it happening though.

At least Kopi/Carter/TT is a silver lining. The performance tonight was better than most in recent games. I don't feel as bad about it as their other recent losses, but they've obviously still got some things to work out.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
It's our defense that does that. Quick can only do so much, especially when the Kings allow so many out numbered attacks. Voynov loses his mind every time he faces the hawks.

Doughty statistically has his worst games against the Hawks .

Riposte!

Jan 25, 2006
Seattle
Seriously, this was our best game in weeks. If that doesn't spark something, nothing will.

Actually, technically, it is (thankfully). As long as everyone keeps losing together, we'll all get to the playoffs holding hands.

rapots

Oct 23, 2006
Ruse
profile.myspace.com
Can't be dissapointed altough the loss. Man do we have some bad luck...3, 4 posts again? 3rd goal of Hawks was fluke
Oh well Kings are showing some sign of life if nothing else

LAKings88

Fire BLuc
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole

How much longer can la rely on that? SJ is ahead of us. Vancouver isn't even who I'm worried about behind us.

This team will be lucky to make the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad