#58 KINGS v. BLACKHAWKS - 2/3/14, lose 5-3 ... but show heart, so there's that.

Puck U

2012 SC CHAMPIONS !
Aug 2, 2005
Apple Valley, CA.
1656236_10152431399569239_1818982715_n.jpg
Chicago is just THAT GOOD ... but at least OUR KINGS finally showed up and put up a Hard Fought Effort.

tumblr_lpvpcaG6ab1qm965h.gif
On to next game and the Olympic break.

1410107_o.gif
Steven-A-Smith-thumbs-up.gif

Last edited:

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Yeesh, we looked better for a majority of the game but still a lot to improve on.. However, I couldn't love Kopi more than I do already.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
From GDT

Hawks tickets are so expensive it's almost worth it to just fly out to LA, spend a week in warm weather and go to the game at Staples and the Pond. I assume plenty of people did that

So are Kings tickets... We sell out games. Why do the Kings fans that usually occupy the seats disappear when big teams visit Staples? It's what pisses me off about the LA sports fan base.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
That was the first game I've actually cared about in a long time.

Thanks for reminding me why I stopped caring.

One line team.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
We looked much better in this game, but moral victories are for losers. Toffoli looks great on the top line and the second line generated a ton of chances (too bad they couldn't bury any). The lack of disciple remains a HUGE issue, and will continue to haunt this team going forward

kingsholygrail

Predictable 1-2
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
A better effort, but lack of discipline put them in a hole too early. Can't spend a whole game chasing the lead.

From GDT

So are Kings tickets... We sell out games. Why do the Kings fans that usually occupy the seats disappear when big teams visit Staples? It's what pisses me off about the LA sports fan base.

STHs will sell their tickets for high profile games if they're not going to them.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Not upset at all , MUCH better effort . The Hawks are just that good. No shame losing to the best team in a decade.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
J. Quick 25 - 30 .833

Lets bash DS some more

Yes, because he could have stopped those. The turnovers, the rampant two on ones, and of course the one that went off his own guys stick. The Kings really helped him out tonight.

KingKopitar11*

Solid 30 minute effort though. Can't say that about the other previous games.

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
We didn't embarrass ourselves. Lots of positives to go with the cavalcade of negatives.

The Good: Kopitar-Carter-Toffoli is now a thing, and it shouldn't be altered. They had some definite zest tonight!

The Bad: Richards, Williams, and Brown generated enough chances to win 3 games, but buried nothing and combined for a few goals against because of sloppy play. All three were to blame, but I hope they are kept together, because they created some opportunities and against a mortal team that isn't Chicago the counter attack wont rip them to shreds.

The Ugly: When the game is on the line and the pace picks up, Matt Greene clocks in at 13:41. I love what he brings when he's taken his brain medicine, but if he is expecting a payday there is NO way he is sticking around.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad