#58 KINGS v. BLACKHAWKS - 2/3/14, lose 5-3 ... but show heart, so there's that.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Richards line looked more inspired but is trying to do too much. Get used to it...he is here to stay.

Can't wait to see what he looks like in 2017.

Hell, at this rate he'll be Ryan Smyth by this time next year.

Why should I be positive about Mike Richards, what is he contributing on the ice that I should be excited and positive that he is signed through 2020?

BTW, since you guys love to rag on JJ for his plus/minus, Mike Richards +/- officially fell below Jack Johnson's this evening.

That is now a -14 for Mike Richards since the cup. Again, so excited he is signed on through 2020.

SFKingshomer

Aug 2, 2008
Sioux Falls

Why should I be positive about Mike Richards, what is he contributing on the ice that I should be excited and positive that he is signed through 2020?

BTW, since you guys love to rag on JJ for his plus/minus, Mike Richards +/- officially fell below Jack Johnson's this evening.

That is now a -14 for Mike Richards since the cup. Again, so excited he is signed on through 2020.

He is still the best 2nd line center we have had and would be tough to replace.

Chain

Feb 2, 2014
Did anyone see The Royal Half's tweet about a fan in a Red Wings jersey fought both Kings and Blackhawk fans?

At least one good thing came out of the loss :laugh:

lol Seriously? That guy's either got brass for balls or bricks for brains.

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA

You're funny.

First it's Stoll ranting for who knows how many years, and now it's on to Richards.

Hey, I came up with a good name for Stoll. You know how you refer to him as Stool? what do you think about Turdby? :D

ADifferentTim

Knowledgeable & Pure
Dec 18, 2013
LACo/IE; SoCal
I am repeating what I have said before: Mike Richards' ongoing struggles were caused by having natural LWs he's comfy with getting traded away. Remember Simon Gagné? Dan Carcillo? Yes, they're natural LWs Kings management traded away. Even a Penguins fan left a comment on NHL.com, suggesting to bring back Simon Gagné, which I've been saying.

That's the very reason why I keep on saying that King-Kopitar-Carter line is backfiring, because the top scorers are over-concentrated on just one line. How many games had already passed, using that line? This is the most recent one.

If the L.A. Kings front office isn't bringing back Simon Gagné, then expect this team to choke its way out of playoff contention, let alone winning it all.

Dean Lombardi better be considerate to chemistry, especially when gambled on that just to acquire Simon, Mike, and the Jeff Carter trade; and no, if you want to see spoiled fans, just look at the Blackhawks fanbase. As a strong believer of chemistry, the last time I saw a dynasty in other sports were the New York Yankees and the Los Angeles Lakers. As much as I hate to admit this, that's what happening right now with the Blackhawks.

Even both within and outside of the hockey community, a lot of people are still dismissing the 2012 Stanley Cup title as a Deus Ex Machina; as a hometown fan, I take offense to that.

You know why I'm this passionate about the L.A. Kings? It's because since as a then-little boy prior to arriving here in America, they're the 1st-ever Los Angeles team I ever heard of and symbolically showed me that L.A. is my place to be (long personal story; I'll only bore you with the details).

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
You're funny.

First it's Stoll ranting for who knows how many years, and now it's on to Richards.

Hey, I came up with a good name for Stoll. You know how you refer to him as Stool? what do you think about Turdby? :D

Want to argue facts or not?

How do you defend a guy who is playing so bad and seemingly getting worse and worse?

1 goal in 35 games, how do you defend that?
The amount of goals against he is on the ice for, again how do you defend?

I just want one positive thing to be excited about that the Kings have Mike Richards signed through 2020.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
#LAkings Sutter - 'We were two lines deep. They were four.'

Duh, their bottom 6 has more skill.

That's what happens when you bring back the same bottom six that couldn't score a goal in the playoffs last year

SFKingshomer

Aug 2, 2008
Sioux Falls
Yea I dont like Carter with Kopitar either. Richards needs a shooter. How many times did Brown and Williams pass up a shot? Richards did too...part of struggling with confidence.

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
Want to argue facts or not?

How do you defend a guy who is playing so bad and seemingly getting worse and worse?

1 goal in 35 games, how do you defend that?
The amount of goals against he is on the ice for, again how do you defend?

I just want one positive thing to be excited about that the Kings have Mike Richards signed through 2020.

We've already had this discussion. Richards may not be scoring goals, but he's still one of our leader in points.

Whether Richards gets traded or not, I'm open to it, because I trust Deano. I just don't see the need to constantly bashing a player over and over.

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
Yea I dont like Carter with Kopitar either. Richards needs a shooter. How many times did Brown and Williams pass up a shot? Richards did too...part of struggling with confidence.

Lots of posts hit, lots of bumbling for rebounds, Craword nabbed a couple as well.

I maintain that more than enough chances were created. And they were earned this time too, not lame perimeter peppering. They just did not go in the net.

Roll with this top 6 for a bit, lets see what happens. Even Stoll, King, and Lewis have the odd heroic shift.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Apparently Kane's grandfather passed away. Condolences to him.

But of course WE GET TO PLAY ANOTHER PLAYER WHO IS EXTRA MOTIVATED.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Lots of posts hit, lots of bumbling for rebounds, Craword nabbed a couple as well.

I maintain that more than enough chances were created. And they were earned this time too, not lame perimeter peppering. They did not go in the net.

Roll with this top 6 for a bit, lets see what happens. Even Stoll, King, and Lewis have the odd heroic shift.

Agreed.

I hate to have to say "this loss wasn't like the other losses," but yeah.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
We've already had this discussion. Richards may not be scoring goals, but he's still one of our leader in points.

Whether Richards gets traded or not, I'm open to it, because I trust Deano. I just don't see the need to constantly bashing a player over and over.

I am going to jump on board as well. Let's face it, the whole team has sucked during this skid.

Kind of tired of dumping on players and coaches over and over .

The whole team needs to step up ....

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Richards needs wingers who can shoot and drive the net. He's always looking to pass and he actually setup his wingers and his points with some good quality looks at the net, and they wound up either hitting the post, shooting wide, or flubbing the puck (like Brown did, twice). I thought he was the best performer on the 2nd line, followed by Williams then Brown a distant third.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
There's nothing positive to take away from a loss. What is this, a moral victory? We're supposed to be a contender right there with the Hawks and all we're relying on a rookie winger playing his off wing with our two best forwards to generate not most, but ALL of our offense.

Dean Lombardi and Darryl Sutter have failed this team. Thanks for 2012, but this is right now.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011

@mayorNHL 5m
#LAKings capo @DustinBrown23 - 'If you're not frustrated and you're in this room, there's somthing wrong with you.' (continued)

@mayorNHL 3m
'At the end of the day, I'd rather have 20 guys who are frustrated and pissed off than a bunch who dont care'-

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $400.00