Post-Game Talk: #56 Penguins at FLYERS, Monday, Feb. 11, 2019, 7:00 pm ET

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
when you live in a meth infested artery clogging incestual pool of scum that is pittsburgh logica and reason go out the window along with hygiene and literacy.

IMG_0354.GIF

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
We'll have to be EXTREMELY lucky to get even ONE of EK, Stone, or Hughes, let alone more than one of them.

We're Flyers fans... we don't have any luck.

Luck would be Gordon sucking and crashing this team out of the playoffs so you guys get JQ.

As a Pens fan I’m expecting to see the Flyers hit a 2007-08 Pens level soon. Too much depth coming up.

Super worried my son will grow up a Flyers fan when you guys are the dominate team in the East in a couple years.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
We'll have to be EXTREMELY lucky to get even ONE of EK, Stone, or Hughes, let alone more than one of them.

We're Flyers fans... we don't have any luck.
Lucky to get Hughes. I wouldn’t call it luck with the UFAs. We have to have something to sell to them. A lot of teams will give term and money. I feel that it may be an all or non thing. Starting with getting a good coach and then otjer FA seeing interest in philly and getting several players talking. There is a lot to like. We are getting a 4K Jumbotron

Reactions: RANKKA

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Luck would be Gordon sucking and crashing this team out of the playoffs so you guys get JQ.

As a Pens fan I’m expecting to see the Flyers hit a 2007-08 Pens level soon. Too much depth coming up.

Super worried my son will grow up a Flyers fan when you guys are the dominate team in the East in a couple years.
Crazy it’s been so long since the pens started having success. That would be great to get back to in philly. I agree that tanking would be the best option. Impossible with Hart though.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
It's all a learning experience for the kids. That's what the rest of this season is. We all know we need to sell on Simmonds....and the reasonable see it with Raffl...lol.

Then hope Fletch makes the right offseason moves that pushes us from tweener, to playoff staple and into contender.

Reactions: BernieParent

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
Giroux just looked.. average, and that's being kind, in the biggest game of the season. The guy has pretty much carried the team singelhandedly most of 2 straight seasons, and big parts of ones previous to that. Still too early to say this definitively, but if there will be one mark on Giroux's legacy after he retires, it'll be that he just lacks that next gear on a consistent basis, that guys like Crosby or Kane seem to be able to switch on in games like this.

Sanheim looked really poor against the Pens top line, but seemed to settle in as the game went on. Provy looked decent, but all too often just throws the puck up the gut and turns it over. I thought this was one of Ghost's best games of the season, if not the best. Was solid in his own end, seemed to be skating better than he has in a long while. With a lesser goalie, he would have put up several points.

Lindblom's two great chances early were for me, the real turning point of the game, and not the blown call. Once Murray settled in, it didn't look like they wouldn't have been able to get 2 past him anyway. Lindblom's finishing ability seems to be the one thing holding him back. He's got the smarts, and seems to be physically adjusting well.

A pretty dominant game though, and they win almost every other night without a hot goalie. Too bad that Hakstol and Hextall dug them such a hole because they deserve better than to be 8 points out.
Another loss or two and it'll be time to start getting real here about this season, start moving some assets, bring up Myers and Morin, and look towards next season.
Concerning Giroux, did you miss his performance in game 82 last season?

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Crazy it’s been so long since the pens started having success. That would be great to get back to in philly. I agree that tanking would be the best option. Impossible with Hart though.

Don’t really think it is tanking. Flyers aren’t as good as they have been playing this stretch. Hart and the insane forward depth is hiding warts.

If you guys miss the playoffs you’ll get a legit coach and honesty who can really handle the Flyers roster in the Metro the next three years.

Firing Hextall was the most Flyers thing ever. (Dad has been a die hard since 74, I was a Pens fan for some reason) patience is importance with this squad. The window isn’t now. Wait until Toronto and Tampa are in cap hell and Boston and Pitts vet advantage has faded and you have a 1-2 punch of Couts and Patrick that won’t be rivaled in the Metro.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

Well Gordon is doing his best to kill us but Hart (outside of today) has been carrying this team on his back. He alone can keep us from getting a top 5 pick if he keeps it up.

And yeah, I'm extremely optimistic about this teams near future. I believe in the current core + youth and I think we have some more great players about to hit the NHL and replace the current trash we have on the roster. Frost is tearing up the OHL, Farabee has been great in college since the WJC, Myers is about to play his first NHL game, then there's plenty of other prospects who have really solid potential and could surprise (especially in a bottom 6 role), plus we're looking at at least one 1st rounder this year and whatever we get for Simmonds at the deadline.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Well Gordon is doing his best to kill us but Hart (outside of today) has been carrying this team on his back. He alone can keep us from getting a top 5 pick if he keeps it up.

And yeah, I'm extremely optimistic about this teams near future. I believe in the current core + youth and I think we have some more great players about to hit the NHL and replace the current trash we have on the roster. Frost is tearing up the OHL, Farabee has been great in college since the WJC, Myers is about to play his first NHL game, then there's plenty of other prospects who have really solid potential and could surprise (especially in a bottom 6 role), plus we're looking at at least one 1st rounder this year and whatever we get for Simmonds at the deadline.

Yeah, like I said. I’m going to be trying to sell my son on the washed up Pens and their historic legacy as the Flyers are tearing it up when he’s like 10 or 11.

:(

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
ahh lds. The reason why MLM still exists in the world is becasue of the state of UTAH. LDS and MLM go hand in hand if that tells you anything about the reality in which these people live in. The nicest people in the world but literally trustworthy to a fault.

funny you mention them here..i just watched the All about Mormons South Park episode this afternoon..hilarious

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Don’t really think it is tanking. Flyers aren’t as good as they have been playing this stretch. Hart and the insane forward depth is hiding warts.

If you guys miss the playoffs you’ll get a legit coach and honesty who can really handle the Flyers roster in the Metro the next three years.

Firing Hextall was the most Flyers thing ever. (Dad has been a die hard since 74, I was a Pens fan for some reason) patience is importance with this squad. The window isn’t now. Wait until Toronto and Tampa are in cap hell and Boston and Pitts vet advantage has faded and you have a 1-2 punch of Couts and Patrick that won’t be rivaled in the Metro.

More than likely Hart stops us from tanking. I don’t think Gordon stays no matter what happens this year. There were confirmed reports that Q would be taking over after a disaster of a road trip for Hakstol but then Hakstol was fired with no replacement. I think there was too much smoke for no fire. Q will likely be the next coach here. No reason to wait. They won’t be battle tested contenders for a few years. Even if they load up this summer they can compete as none of those teams are particularly threatening.

They are not getting Hughes my man.

Yea I know. We got Patrick already. But just one more time and we would be set haha

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
I know this is far fetched but I would have appreciated if the ref said on the mic,

“The whistle blew subsequently causing the play to be blown dead before the puck crossed the line. The result of the play is a faceoff in the offensive zone. I lost track of the puck my apologies.”

I think fans would have appreciated this even if they would have still boo’ed

Reactions: Maliice

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad