Post-Game Talk: #56 Penguins at FLYERS, Monday, Feb. 11, 2019, 7:00 pm ET

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Those Charlie Murphy stories :laugh::laugh:

The Prince bball "shirts vs blouses" and Rick James stories are priceless !!!!
WWo5Ga.gif

Reactions: Outlaw Samurai

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
Motel Hell and Eating Raoul make for a good doubleheader. And for dessert, give a listen to a pop song from the 1970s called "Timothy" by a PA-based band named the Buoys. Holy connotations, Batman.
My brother got that horrible "My name is Michael. I got a nickel." sung to him by my mom but I got "Timothy, Timothy, where on earth did you go?" so I think he came out ahead.

And I can't believe Motel Hell chat is occurring this morning. "I...used...preservatives."

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Welp, that was frustrating to watch. Simmonds actually looked like he was trying last night...didnt do much but actually saw shades of Wayne Simmonds from two-three years ago.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

WestrnPhlyr

Go away or I shall taunt you a second time.
Jul 17, 2015
NW Inland Empire
why would he say this....unless he was, indeed, trying to break his face

Because that was exactly what he trying to do, regardless of what some of the clueless Pens fans are saying.

But, of course, who could blame him with that big, bad "punk 3rd liner Raffl" (actual description from the thread) cross checking and rabbit punching poor Malkin.

Morons, all of them

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
This game merely confirmed what I've been saying for a month:

Giroux is not a top center anymore, that line has been struggling through the win streak, he needs to move back to wing. He gets dominated anytime he's matched against a top center.

Patrick is going to be the 2C next year, some people see a 20 year old struggle for a month with subpar forwards and write him off? Put him with Lindblom and TK and let them play together. His skating has really gone up a notch, when he gets stronger this offseason he'll have the complete package. There's a reason he was the consensus #1 pick before his injuries. Good luck finding a young center with his size, skills and willingness to play a two way game.

Speaking of TK, he's not a first line forward, maybe in 2-3 years, but some people let themselves be fooled by half a season with Couts at center and an unsustainable (18%) shooting percentage. He's inconsistent, loses focus and is too straight line to create on his own consistently. Playing with G doesn't help, since like Voracek he needs a center who can CYA.

Sanheim had a horrendous first period, and his lack of strength was evident as he lost battles behind the net and along the boards, settled down after that but he's not a top pair D-man right now, that's asking too much, too soon. And Provorov needs a legitimate partner, he's asked to carry the defense at 22.

Voracek went back to being frustrating Voracek again, he's really old fashioned, he likes to hold the puck and be deliberate in a NHL that's getting faster with smaller windows. That also describes the PP1 unit, they want to set up and wait for the good shot, but teams that pressure on the PK give them fits. One thing a new coach needs to do is get this team to play faster, with faster decisions. At times the PP2 group looks better simply b/c they're not good enough to maintain possession so they attack the net instead of being cute.

Simmonds can't handle a puck in open ice worth a damn, he can still skate decently, forecheck and go to the net, but his best role is PP, PK and 4th line at this point in his career. Which is why he'll have value to a team like Toronto or TB for the playoffs, but not for us.

Nice to see Raffl play hard, skate well and improve his trade value.

Hopefully, this loss will give Fletcher carte blanche to sell at the TDL. This team isn't good enough to win without Hart standing on his head, so better they focus on next season than try to squeeze into the playoffs.

Flyers out shot the Pens, but Pens dominated the 3rd period when the FLyers shot their wad in the second. Flyers were gripping sticks too tight, Sanheim and Giroux completely missed the net on great scoring chances from the slot, Lindblom still struggles to finish (that will come with experience), and so on. And Murray was "playoff Murray," there's a reason he has a couple rings, when he's hot . . .

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
I know this is far fetched but I would have appreciated if the ref said on the mic,

“The whistle blew subsequently causing the play to be blown dead before the puck crossed the line. The result of the play is a faceoff in the offensive zone. I lost track of the puck my apologies.”

I think fans would have appreciated this even if they would have still boo’ed

*click "UPON FURTHER REVIEW... MY BAD. SORRY."

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Because that was exactly what he trying to do, regardless of what some of the clueless Pens fans are saying.

But, of course, who could blame him with that big, bad "punk 3rd liner Raffl" (actual description from the thread) cross checking and rabbit punching poor Malkin.

Morons, all of them

Never mind that Malkin routinely does worse. It is harder to think of players who deserve a punch to the head more than Malkin. The list is really short.

Pretty much just Neal and Wilson. Probably tied with Perry.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad